scored a second klr nklr

DSN_KLR650
heloguy@coastalnet.com

roadless initiative-question

Post by heloguy@coastalnet.com » Tue Apr 03, 2001 12:47 am

I don't want to re-ignite the flames but one thing has always puzzled me about the creation of all these roadless areas; how do they propose to fight forest fires. I flew forest fire fighting helicopters slinging 100 to 1,000 gallon buckets for several years and danged if I know how you can fight forest fires over vast areas without roads. No way we've got enough fire fighting aircraft or smoke jumpers to do it. Does anyone know? Mike Melugin Manteo, NC

Dave Morrow

scored a second klr nklr

Post by Dave Morrow » Tue Apr 03, 2001 8:35 am

> Reminds me of the famous "54 Chevrolet, make offer" classified ad that turns > out to be a widow selling the Corvette her dear departed bought new and > parked (blocked up and tarped) in the barn the same year he died. Who else > has heard one like this?
Had an incident sorta similar. I was working in a gas station. The parents of the girl I was dating said I could have an old car they had "out back" for free if I got it out of there. It was a '68 SS Camaro. Blue with the white nose stripe, hide away headlights, rectangular crome hood louvres, 300HP 350. Needed some work but what a car. The oddest thing about something that had sat for a long while: I got it started and drove it to my place of employment - mice were running across the dash in front of me. Apparently they were living in the heating ducts. Bizarre experience. Dave Morrow Vermilion, Ohio '00KLR650 '96VN1500D1 '82CSR305