tubless tires on a klr ?

DSN_KLR650
fireball@heaslet.com

the truth about jennifer - fireball did it - nklr

Post by fireball@heaslet.com » Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:04 am

It is true. Jennifer never existed. I did it. I apologize for manipulating the list. It was so easy, but not clever. I feel so stupid. However, some observations: Most of you showed total class with Jennifer. Bogdan was really cool, fer instance. Monahan was cool. Lot's of others were cool. But... Nearly a dozen of you offered unsolicited sexual suggestions to Jennifer offlist during her short, tempestuous life. Lessee...that would be almost a one percent response rate. Direct mail people quiver at those numbers. You guys should pat yourselves on the back, maybe. When Jennifer challenged the list regarding its sexist treatment of a fellow rider, she got over 30 apologies. That's a whopping 2.7 percent response rate. She began to feel a great love for the list at that point. And as Jennifer's technical intellect began to blossom (after she got off her meds), and she began to offer playful, yet real answers to real tech issues, there was always a verifiable cadre of list members who preferred to make sexual responses, or discount the validity of the observations simply because they questioned her existence. List members, in fact, demanded proof of her existence, to an extent well beyond what would have been granted to a man. I dunno - I've met less than 50 of you, so how do I know the rest of you really exist? Finally, this exercise confirmed that a certain group will foster pre- conceived notions of who could do such a dastardly manipulation. Gino and Ron were unjustly accused for no other reason that they did the same thing earlier. Jennifer was shocked to learn that this prejudice had nothing to do with fact, and that anyone could believe that Gino and Ron could be so dumb to try it again. Clearly, it takes a new dumb person to do it again. Lastly, I wish to formally apologize for dragging Toby and Gino and a few others into this mess. I derive all my inspiration from these men, and admit it was not terribly imaginative. I apologize to the women on this list, one who I convinced to lie on Jennifer's behalf. You may also be assured that the T-shirt design, financed by me for no consideration on behalf of the Moab Get-Together is alive and well. I fully expect a partial boycott of this shirt as a result of this exercise, and if that works out for some of you, great. I hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive my transgressions. I feel so bad, so soiled. After being one of the original people on this list, and after being so responsible for so long, I feel my reputation is, like, totally shot. Let's go ride. Best Regards, Stuart, aka Fireball Stuart, Florida USA 1998 KLR 650 58,000 miles

thesquasher@hotmail.com

Post by thesquasher@hotmail.com » Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:15 am

:)
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., fireball@h... wrote: > It is true. Jennifer never existed. I did it. >

Brad Davis

Post by Brad Davis » Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:27 am

I really exist. ;)
> I dunno - I've met > less than 50 of you, so how do I know the rest of you really exist?

Rich Kickbush

Post by Rich Kickbush » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:25 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: Brad Davis To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 9:27 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: The Truth About Jennifer - Fireball Did It - NKLR I really exist. ;) Don't be too sure. If our amateur sociologist turns his interest to amateur philosophy, he may just end up proving that you don't. How about it Fireball? Rich My mind's messed with enough already, I don't really need help from imaginary people...&) > I dunno - I've met > less than 50 of you, so how do I know the rest of you really exist? Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

fireball@heaslet.com

Post by fireball@heaslet.com » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:41 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Rich Kickbush" wrote:
> I really exist. ;) > > Don't be too sure. If our amateur sociologist turns his interest
to amateur philosophy, he may just end up proving that you don't.
> How about it Fireball?
Can't do it. Warped logic pays the bills, but it was getting dull with all those oil discussions. All I wanted to do was be a real woman for a while. Can't wait to meet you and give you a big hug, if you're truly real. Fireball

Brad Davis

Post by Brad Davis » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:46 pm

I think you and the group are just characters in my dream and the KLR is a manifestation of a mental construction of mine resulting from the burrito I ate last night. Brad A9 (I have one in my dream) --- Rich Kickbush wrote:
> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Brad Davis > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 9:27 AM > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: The Truth About Jennifer > - Fireball Did It - NKLR > > > I really exist. ;) > > Don't be too sure. If our amateur sociologist > turns his interest to amateur philosophy, he may > just end up proving that you don't. > How about it Fireball? > > Rich > My mind's messed with enough already, I don't > really need help from imaginary people...&)
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

k650dsn@aol.com

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:49 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., fireball@h... wrote:
> > Can't do it. Warped logic pays the bills, but it was getting dull > with all those oil discussions. All I wanted to do was be a real > woman for a while. Can't wait to meet you and give you a big hug,
if
> you're truly real. > > Fireball
I think there is a perfect explanation why some of us tend to do the personality thing. You see, we have been riding dual sport bikes for so long, that the multiple personalities of our bikes have melded with us.... it could happen Gino

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:55 pm

> I really exist. ;) > > Don't be too sure. If our amateur sociologist turns his > interest to amateur philosophy, he may just end up proving that > you don't. > How about it Fireball? > > Rich > My mind's messed with enough already, I don't really need help > from imaginary people...&)
Great philosophical material in the background of all of this. Here are two of the most famous paragraphs in the entire history of philosophy. From Rene Des Cartes' "Meditations on First Philosophy." The first is from Meditation I, the second from Meditation II. In the first, he invokes the famous "Cartesian Doubt" in the second, he looks from his window and wonders if all of the "people" he is seeing aren't really automatons..machines... 12. I will suppose, then, not that Deity, who is sovereignly good and the fountain of truth, but that some malignant demon, who is at once exceedingly potent and deceitful, has employed all his artifice to deceive me; I will suppose that the sky, the air, the earth, colors, figures, sounds, and all external things, are nothing better than the illusions of dreams, by means of which this being has laid snares for my credulity; I will consider myself as without hands, eyes, flesh, blood, or any of the senses, and as falsely believing that I am possessed of these; I will continue resolutely fixed in this belief, and if indeed by this means it be not in my power to arrive at the knowledge of truth, I shall at least do what is in my power, viz, [ suspend my judgment ], and guard with settled purpose against giving my assent to what is false, and being imposed upon by this deceiver, whatever be his power and artifice. But this undertaking is arduous, and a certain indolence insensibly leads me back to my ordinary course of life; and just as the captive, who, perchance, was enjoying in his dreams an imaginary liberty, when he begins to suspect that it is but a vision, dreads awakening, and conspires with the agreeable illusions that the deception may be prolonged; so I, of my own accord, fall back into the train of my former beliefs, and fear to arouse myself from my slumber, lest the time of laborious wakefulness that would succeed this quiet rest, in place of bringing any light of day, should prove inadequate to dispel the darkness that will arise from the difficulties that have now been raised.[ L][ F] 13. But, meanwhile, I feel greatly astonished when I observe [the weakness of my mind, and] its proneness to error. For although, without at all giving expression to what I think, I consider all this in my own mind, words yet occasionally impede my progress, and I am almost led into error by the terms of ordinary language. We say, for example, that we see the same wax when it is before us, and not that we judge it to be the same from its retaining the same color and figure: whence I should forthwith be disposed to conclude that the wax is known by the act of sight, and not by the intuition of the mind alone, were it not for the analogous instance of human beings passing on in the street below, as observed from a window. In this case I do not fail to say that I see the men themselves, just as I say that I see the wax; and yet what do I see from the window beyond hats and cloaks that might cover artificial machines, whose motions might be determined by springs ? But I judge that there are human beings from these appearances, and thus I comprehend, by the faculty of judgment alone which is in the mind, what I believed I saw with my eyes.[ L][ F] http://hypatia.wright.edu/DesCartes/Meditations.html Kurt

Don Detloff

Post by Don Detloff » Wed Mar 21, 2001 1:02 pm

I once had a Yamaha that thought it was a BMW. Sad ... had to shoot it. It was the humane thing to do. Don Detloff Fair Haven, MI A14
> > I think there is a perfect explanation why some of us tend to do
the
> personality thing. You see, we have been riding dual sport bikes
for
> so long, that the multiple personalities of our bikes have melded
with
> us.... it could happen > > Gino

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Mar 21, 2001 1:25 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., fireball@h... wrote:
> It is true. Jennifer never existed. I did it. > >