klr650 seat

DSN_KLR650
andrewggrant@yahoo.com

tank bag / saddle bags....

Post by andrewggrant@yahoo.com » Sat Mar 03, 2001 9:51 pm

I am planning to do some 2 rider touring both on and off road... Mostly on the highways with some trail exploration. I have just purchased a new 2001 KLR 650 and would appreciate the experience of those out there who have purchased / tried different options for storage. I have looked at the Kawasaki "Tank Bag" option for $55 and their idea of saddle bags for $139 + the $49 support. Are these any good? Is there a better tank bag out there? Can someone suggest a better saddle bag ssytem that won't break the bank? I don't have alot of money to work with but I do want to get the best system for the $. Thank you for your help, Andrew P.S. Please repond to my E-mail account directly at: andrewggrant@...

k650dsn@aol.com

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Sat Mar 03, 2001 10:31 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., andrewggrant@y... wrote:
> I have looked at the Kawasaki "Tank Bag" option for $55 and their
idea
> of saddle bags for $139 + the $49 support. > > Are these any good? Is there a better tank bag out there?
The Kaw bags are good, acceptable bags. They aren't the best and they are by far not teh worse. I think the represent a good value. I've used the tank bag, saddle bags and tail trunk and all have hel up weel. They aren't waterproof. The side support is not worth it. Spend the money and get the supports from Happy Trails. You will not be disapointed. Gino

Kurt Simpson (Dual Sport News)

Post by Kurt Simpson (Dual Sport News) » Sat Mar 03, 2001 10:44 pm

> I have looked at the Kawasaki "Tank Bag" option for $55 and their
idea
> of saddle bags for $139 + the $49 support. > > Are these any good? Is there a better tank bag out there?
The Kaw bags are good, acceptable bags. They aren't the best and they are by far not teh worse. I think the represent a good value. I've used the tank bag, saddle bags and tail trunk and all have hel up weel. They aren't waterproof. The side support is not worth it. Spend the money and get the supports from Happy Trails. You will not be disapointed. Gino ____ agreed, if you can afford it by the Ortlieb dry saddle bags from Aerostich instead... Kurt

Henry (Terry) Brigham

klr650 seat

Post by Henry (Terry) Brigham » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:33 pm

Hi Josh. I have the seat off of my Y2K KLR650 that I replaced with a Corbin seat. It may have 200 miles on it and is as brand new. I will sell it for $75.00 plus $20.00 for UPS. If interested, drop me a note. Yours, Terry Brigham Rockport, Texas