punkynlew to daytona nklr

DSN_KLR650
Ed Boyd

nklr police state

Post by Ed Boyd » Thu Mar 01, 2001 1:22 pm

I don't mean any disrespect to victims of these terrible crimes, or their family members. I'm sure we all know family, friends etc that have been victims of terrible crimes, or who have been a victim of a terrible crime themselves. But, I hope for your sake, and all of ours, that this "No appeals, on murder/rape/child abuse cases! Execution takes place immediately following brief trail" thing never happens. How many death row inmates have been exonorated after sitting on death row for years due to recent DNA testing cleared them? What a shame it would be to kill innocent people because they were denied due process, which includes the right to appeal. Just because the crime is horrible, doesn't mean you have to condemn the accussed without due process. You may find yourself falsely accussed of a terrible crime someday, and I think you'd change your tune pretty quickly then. Anyone can acusse anyone else of a terrible crime, and if the circumstances come together, you could be in deep doo-doo very quickly. Life is stranger then fiction. And I'm not advocating leniency for killers, rapers, child molesters, etc, I just don't want my right to due process compromised because someone wants swift "justice" (read revenge) so they'll feel that "something" has been done, so they can feel better. If we're going to kill people in the name of the law, lets make sure we've got the right people. Ed Duvall, WA
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Kris Christie wrote: > I never said that COPS were smart. Hence the need for the brief trial. > > Power will intoxicate the best hearts, as wine the strongest heads. No man > is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power. > > -----Original Message----- > From: monahanwb@y... [mailto:monahanwb@y...] > Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:50 PM > To: DSN_klr650@y... > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: NKLR police state > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., MWeaver@n... wrote: > > > > > > > > > No appeals, on murder/rape/child abuse cases! Execution takes > > place > > > > > immediately following brief trail> > > gee, what a great idea. that would make it harder for DNA testing > to > > expose whenever an innocent person was imprisoned or executed. why > > not just allow the police to kill whoever they feel like. > > mw > > Sure, that sounds great. Makes sense, too, since cops are the > smartest people - let them make the decisions, since they won't ever > be wrong. Just think of all the tax money we can save, to be > refunded back to the people by our president. > > Backroad Bill > "Obey. Watch TV. Consume. Die." > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@s... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Dan Oaks

nklr police state

Post by Dan Oaks » Thu Mar 01, 2001 6:36 pm

Ed Boyd wrote:
> I don't mean any disrespect to victims of these terrible crimes, or > their family members. I'm sure we all know family, friends etc that > have been victims of terrible crimes, or who have been a victim of a > terrible crime themselves. > > But, I hope for your sake, and all of ours, that this "No appeals, on > murder/rape/child abuse cases! Execution takes place immediately > following brief trail" thing never happens.
+++++++ Ed, I think everyone is basically just venting their frustrations here. No one wants to chance innocents executed, but the system is so screwed up that it is basically ineffective. It's probably why so many who wouldn't give a cop the sweat off their balls, will sit and watch silly cop shows and action movies just to see some sort of justice doled out, even if it is all bullshit. Obviously, we listers are a group of natural born fixers, and this is something we just can't fix. Venting, although upsetting to some, is cathartic to the ones that really need it. What better place to blow than here where it won't hurt anyone, and where most of us understand where it's coming from. Certainly, you must feel better after the minor blowing you did in the aforementioned epistle. I know I do. 8^) -- bierdo Let it all hang out!

Ed Boyd

nklr police state

Post by Ed Boyd » Thu Mar 01, 2001 10:38 pm

--- Dan Oaks wrote: snip, snip
> Ed, I think everyone is basically just venting their frustrations > here. No > one wants to chance innocents executed, but the system is so screwed > up ...
> I agree.
> What better place to blow than here where it won't hurt anyone, and > where > most of us understand where it's coming from. > > Certainly, you must feel better after the minor blowing you did in > the > aforementioned epistle. > > I know I do. 8^) > > -- > bierdo > Let it all hang out!
Yes I do feel better. Thanks for reminding me. As a matter of fact, I feel so good I may have to go out and buy, not just one Yamaha Vision beater, but two Yamaha Vision beaters! If you're going to do something stupid, might as well go all the way! Ed - I'm about to let it all hang out because my wife is about to hear about my mad scheme about how we can't afford NOT to buy this Vision and how I have to pickup another one in San Fran and stuff it in a rental car and drive home 14 hours straight with it from my conference down there next week - Boyd hee hee hee... __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

monahanwb@yahoo.com

nklr police state

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Thu Mar 01, 2001 10:46 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Ed Boyd wrote:
> Ed - I'm about to let it all hang out because my wife is about to
hear
> about my mad scheme about how we can't afford NOT to buy this Vision > and how I have to pickup another one in San Fran and stuff it in a > rental car and drive home 14 hours straight with it from my
conference
> down there next week - Boyd > > hee hee hee...
Hee Hee.........I'll stuff a good divorce lawyer's card in the seat for you, sounds like you'll need to make sure you'll at least get to keep the yamahotties. I don't believe one of those will fit in a rental car. You could cut the back off the canopy though, and lay it down in the open trunk.

Lew Waterman

punkynlew to daytona nklr

Post by Lew Waterman » Fri Mar 02, 2001 11:12 am

Hi Gang: Rain/thunderstorms are forecast for Sun. March 4. Punky and I will ride Sat. March 3, to Daytona and set up camp at Bulow's in the BMW section. See ya'll there, I hope. Punky & Lew's Americas Motopaseo _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

Ed Boyd

nklr police state

Post by Ed Boyd » Fri Mar 02, 2001 11:38 am

Hey Kris, If I was a dick, sorry about that. Didn't mean to attack you personally. Just didn't agree with you. I'll try to lighten up and keep it either KLR or NKLR from now on. Ok, back to studying for my motorcycle license test tomorrow. Ed Duvall, WA
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Ed Boyd" wrote: > I don't mean any disrespect to victims of these terrible crimes, or > their family members. I'm sure we all know family, friends etc that > have been victims of terrible crimes, or who have been a victim of a > terrible crime themselves. > > But, I hope for your sake, and all of ours, that this "No appeals, on > murder/rape/child abuse cases! Execution takes place immediately > following brief trail" thing never happens. > > How many death row inmates have been exonorated after sitting on > death row for years due to recent DNA testing cleared them? What a > shame it would be to kill innocent people because they were denied > due process, which includes the right to appeal. > > Just because the crime is horrible, doesn't mean you have to condemn > the accussed without due process. You may find yourself falsely > accussed of a terrible crime someday, and I think you'd change your > tune pretty quickly then. Anyone can acusse anyone else of a terrible > crime, and if the circumstances come together, you could be in deep > doo-doo very quickly. Life is stranger then fiction. > > And I'm not advocating leniency for killers, rapers, child molesters, > etc, I just don't want my right to due process compromised because > someone wants swift "justice" (read revenge) so they'll feel > that "something" has been done, so they can feel better. > > If we're going to kill people in the name of the law, lets make sure > we've got the right people. > > Ed > Duvall, WA > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., Kris Christie wrote: > > I never said that COPS were smart. Hence the need for the brief > trial. > > > > Power will intoxicate the best hearts, as wine the strongest heads. > No man > > is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power. > >