nklr concours egroup somewhere?

DSN_KLR650
hawke71@bigfoot.com

screw/bolts for aircleaner/battery cover.

Post by hawke71@bigfoot.com » Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:11 pm

Well one of my Screw/Bolts for my AiCleaner/Battery cover decided to part ways with me. Its the plastic cover with 650 on it, under the seat. Now I am trying to find a replacement for the AWOL bolt/screw. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Does Fred have some for Sell? What can I substitute in place of a Kawasaki original? Thanks for the help? Later, Houser

Dale_Johnson@ahm.honda.com

Post by Dale_Johnson@ahm.honda.com » Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:21 pm

Best bet is to go to a hardware store..
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., hawke71@b... wrote: > Well one of my Screw/Bolts for my AiCleaner/Battery cover decided to > part ways with me. Its the plastic cover with 650 on it, under the > seat. Now I am trying to find a replacement for the AWOL bolt/screw. > Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Does Fred have some > for Sell? What can I substitute in place of a Kawasaki original? > Thanks for the help? > > Later, > Houser

Russell Scott

Post by Russell Scott » Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:51 pm

I replaced mine with allen wrench screws. Those philips screws vibrate out way too easy because you can't tighten them enough. Russel'r http://www.calposse.com/ -----Original Message----- From: hawke71@... [SMTP:hawke71@...] Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 4:11 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Screw/Bolts for AirCleaner/Battery Cover. Well one of my Screw/Bolts for my AiCleaner/Battery cover decided to part ways with me. Its the plastic cover with 650 on it, under the seat. Now I am trying to find a replacement for the AWOL bolt/screw. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Does Fred have some for Sell? What can I substitute in place of a Kawasaki original? Thanks for the help? Later, Houser Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Ron Hipkiss

Post by Ron Hipkiss » Wed Feb 07, 2001 7:15 pm

"Best bet is to go to a hardware store.." Yeah, but is martensitic an appropriate choice in this matter, or austenentic? ;) Sorry, couldn't resist. Cpt. Ron

klx650dan@eatmydirt.com

nklr concours egroup somewhere?

Post by klx650dan@eatmydirt.com » Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:25 pm

Sure wish it would move to this groups location. I am not able to act as moderator tho.. I am not online 'cept at work.. breaks/lunch (Official reply.. :+) Dan P Graham WA --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Kurt Simpson \(Dual Sport News\)" wrote:
> http://www.concours.org/ > From: Brad Davis [mailto:bradcdavis@y...] > Is there a Concours egroup like this one somewhere? I can't find one > on Yahoo groups.

klx650dan@eatmydirt.com

Post by klx650dan@eatmydirt.com » Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:31 pm

Mine left the bike on the trip into Mex. I replaced them with allen type s/s screws and rubber backed washers at Lowes hardware. No vibrating loose now. Dan P Graham WA
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., hawke71@b... wrote: > Well one of my Screw/Bolts for my AiCleaner/Battery cover decided to > part ways with me. Its the plastic cover with 650 on it, under the > seat. Now I am trying to find a replacement for the AWOL bolt/screw. > Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Does Fred have some > for Sell? What can I substitute in place of a Kawasaki original? > Thanks for the help? > > Later, > Houser