gun totin mericans nklr and mensa wizards

DSN_KLR650
jody@ticketmaster.com

nklr husky 610 and bmw jerks

Post by jody@ticketmaster.com » Mon Jan 29, 2001 3:37 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Rev.Chuck wrote:
> I have just found the ride I, um... Mrs. Rev. was looking for:
Husky 610. Now there is a nice ride, Supermotard from the crate. Anybody have info on this piece of art before I dump 6k on it? A guy who works in my building has the motard version, very cool. He let me take it for a little spin and I was impressed. It turns and accelerates very sharply, sounds pretty awesome too. I don't think it would be very butt friendly after about 20 minutes however, seat is vary narrow. It seems like a really small tank too, 3 gals max?? Would be a great bike for tearing up twisities or city streets on, but not a tourer or DS. BTW while we were chating about our bikes, a guy who has a new F650GS came out of our building. I asked him how he was liking the new BM'er. The F**KER didn't say anything! Just jumped on and rode off, yuppie jerk.

monahanwb@yahoo.com

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Mon Jan 29, 2001 3:53 pm

I don't think it
> would be very butt friendly after about 20 minutes however, seat is > vary narrow.
That's where the "coolanal" comes in......
> BTW while we were chating about our bikes, a guy who has a new
F650GS
> came out of our building. I asked him how he was liking the new > BM'er. The F**KER didn't say anything! Just jumped on and rode off, > yuppie jerk.
Maybe he didn't hear you, he might have been in a hurry to get to the drug store for some of the coolanal. Those kinds of irritation can make anyone tight-lipped.

Jody Nelson (San Francisco)

Post by Jody Nelson (San Francisco) » Mon Jan 29, 2001 5:08 pm

Hey Jess, Nothing wrong with owning a BMW, I have a particular lust lately for a R1200C, but would never pony up the $15K. I could buy a new zx9 and a klr for that. Of course my ever longing for an X5 will never go away (I need 4 wheels once in a while), but just think how many bikes I could by with the difference between an X5 and a rusty old Chevy blazer. Jody A15 "skruffy" -----Original Message----- From: Jesbo@... [mailto:Jesbo@...] Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 2:28 PM To: jody@... Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Re: NKLR Husky 610 and BMW jerks In a message dated 1/29/01 1:39:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, jody@... writes:
> BTW while we were chating about our bikes, a guy who has a new F650GS > came out of our building. I asked him how he was liking the new > BM'er. The F**KER didn't say anything! Just jumped on and rode off, > yuppie jerk. >
They've had a few problems with the F650GS, maybe he reeaally didn't want to discuss it. I'm a BMW owner (probably a jerk too, depending on who you ask) and really thought about the F650GS before I settled on buying the KLR. $8K is a lot of dough for a bike that's had electrical problems and a recall on the gas tank. On the other hand, you may be totally right, the guys an A**hole and deserves to spend too much for a questionable bike. I may own one down the line sometime, but not until the track record is firmly established. In the meantime, I'll ride my A14 and use the savings for accessories! Jess Booth Odenton, MD BMW K11LT (SPCL K) Kawi KLR650 A14 (SPCLK2)

guymanbro@excite.com

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:17 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., monahanwb@y... wrote:
> > BTW while we were chating about our bikes, a guy who has a new > F650GS came out of our building. I asked him how he was liking the
new BM'er. The F**KER didn't say anything! Just jumped on and rode off, yuppie jerk.
>
Maybe he hated the fact he sold his KLR, his SM610, and his firstborn child to get the GS and he was practicing the old addage, "If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all." dat brooklyn

monahanwb@yahoo.com

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:43 pm

The F**KER didn't say anything! Just jumped on and rode
> off, yuppie jerk. > > > Maybe he hated the fact he sold his KLR, his SM610, and his
firstborn
> child to get the GS and he was practicing the old addage, "If you > don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all." > > dat brooklyn
I suspect he was merely intimidated by the gnarly KLR dudes in their big-buckled dirt boots, while he was mincing over to his F650GS Dakar. Probably afraid they were going to take his school lunch money.

harvy-mushman@worldnet.att.net

Post by harvy-mushman@worldnet.att.net » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:12 pm

ExpressMail HTML Filter ver.2.0 1995-98 (c) OpenSoft Corp. I know what you mean, and agree. I have been riding for about 30 years now, become aquatinted with quite a few other fellow riders, and have drawn the conclusion that the Harley and BMW crowd have that in common. Ok, of course I'm not saying that Harley and BMW riders are jerks, some of my friends ride them, but I think we can agree that riders of those mounts have a higher than average propensity to share these types of personality traits. Why? IMHO, there must be something about paying 2 to 3 times the normal price for a bike that causes that sort of attitude. Yes, it's yuppie snob appeal. Most riders that act like that couldn't ride their way out of a paper bag. If you're like me, you just like to talk about bikes, your bike, other peoples bikes, all about bikes, anything at all about bikes, etc.... It's strange to run into people that turn their nose up at "bike talk". Geeez, I hope there's nobody on this list like that. Seen on a bumper sticker... "Mean People Suck" Tim Visit http://home.att.net/~timspage *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:24:52 -0000 From: jody@... Subject: Re: NKLR Husky 610 and BMW jerks
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Rev.Chuck <Rev.Chuck@D...> wrote: > I have just found the ride I, um... Mrs. Rev. was looking for: Husky 610. Now there is a nice ride, Supermotard from the crate. Anybody have info on this piece of art before I dump 6k on it? A guy who works in my building has the motard version, very cool. He let me take it for a little spin and I was impressed. It turns and accelerates very sharply, sounds pretty awesome too. I don't think it would be very butt friendly after about 20 minutes however, seat is vary narrow. It seems like a really small tank too, 3 gals max?? Would be a great bike for tearing up twisities or city streets on, but not a tourer or DS. BTW while we were chating about our bikes, a guy who has a new F650GS came out of our building. I asked him how he was liking the new BM'er. The F**KER didn't say anything! Just jumped on and rode off, yuppie jerk.

jett@rimrockconsulting.com

Post by jett@rimrockconsulting.com » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:13 pm

I looked long and hard at the F650GS last year before I bought my KLR. I don't mean to dis the bike, but they're having major problems with the fuel injection on it. The guy may be really miserable and just didn't want to talk about it. (Not that I'm excusing his behavior) If you want to read up on the problems, their riders group has a great web site. Check out the message board at www.f650.com . It will probably be a fine bike in a few years once they get the bugs out, but the first year is turning out to be something of a nightmare. Jett
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., jody@t... wrote: > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., Rev.Chuck wrote: ... > BTW while we were chating about our bikes, a guy who has a new F650GS > came out of our building. I asked him how he was liking the new > BM'er. The F**KER didn't say anything! Just jumped on and rode off, > yuppie jerk.

Mark S. Hamlin

Post by Mark S. Hamlin » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:13 pm

| Subject: RE: Re: NKLR Husky 610 and BMW jerks | You ought check out the MZ Black Panther too. I bought one, $5900 OTD and like it a lot. Id bet parts are more readily available with the Yamaha motor. Lots of aftermarket too. Had it at a Doc Wong dirt riding clinic at Clear Creek yesterday, too stupid to know the tires are rated 5/95. Found that out today, still way better in the muck than my K100. Speaking of which, now that Im riding another marque, Ive run across some truley asshole-snoooooty BMW people. Ran out of gas on 25 yesterday about 3 miles from the station and a BMW guy wouldn't sell me a quart of gas..Nice German couple from Santa Cruz stopped, she on an R1150GS, he on a yellow sport bike, gave me a quart. Met a KLR'r there, Mike, we were buddies for the day. The 1150GS's were absolute pigs, the 2 guys spent more time picking up their bikes than riding them, didnt do that very well either. The rider clinic was well worth while, I picked up some things that will help on my mucky road. Why does looking ahead keep you upright in slime? What is the mind trick? Mark S. Hamlin Corralitos, Ca

jirvine@nmsu.edu

Post by jirvine@nmsu.edu » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:41 pm

At 07:11 PM 1/29/01 -0800, Mark S. Hamlin wrote:
>You ought check out the MZ Black Panther too. I bought one, $5900 OTD and >like it a lot. Id bet parts are more readily available with the Yamaha >motor. Lots of aftermarket too. Had it at a Doc Wong dirt riding clinic at >Clear Creek yesterday,
Any more info on a dirt riding clinic, I could use some added skill, or any skill for that matter.

Robert W. Hearns

Post by Robert W. Hearns » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:42 pm

You know, you guys crack me up. Are you so insecure and overly judgmental that you can just label people by what they ride? "Those @#$@#$ Harley guys.....that BMW yuppie @#$@#$" I thought that this mailing list would be more open and less bias. Apparently not. I ride a BMW and a Ducati and a Buell and soon a KLR....what the hell does that make me. We are all motorcyclist. We should not be mutually exclusive.....who is the snob? This is not a slam, just an observation. I thought I left this sort of thing with the Ducati List..... I do not warrant hostility. Can't we all just get along? Robert