y2k klr-the union is final

DSN_KLR650
Dan Oaks

ride!

Post by Dan Oaks » Fri Jan 26, 2001 11:02 am

Yesterday . . . 65 degrees in Central Florida, 75 miles on the KLR. Life is good again! -- bierdo P.S: Does anyone else notice an echo here?

ddetloff@att.net

ride!

Post by ddetloff@att.net » Fri Jan 26, 2001 11:50 am

Today . . . 15 degrees in Southern Michigan, 0 miles on the KLR. Life sucks! Don Detloff Fair Haven, MI A14
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Dan Oaks wrote: > Yesterday . . . 65 degrees in Central Florida, 75 miles on the KLR. > > Life is good again! > > -- > bierdo > > P.S: Does anyone else notice an echo here?

wschase@aol.com

ride!

Post by wschase@aol.com » Fri Jan 26, 2001 11:55 am

In a message dated 1/26/2001 9:52:31 AM Pacific Standard Time, ddetloff@... writes:
Today . . . 15 degrees in Southern Michigan, 0 miles on the KLR. Life sucks!
65 degrees and SUNNY..........Now WHICH bike to ride????? LIFE IS GOOD IN TEXAS!!! Steve Dallas Texas Semper Fi! 99 Connie 00 KLR650 00 Buell Blast 01 ZX-6R

Mark

ride!

Post by Mark » Fri Jan 26, 2001 11:56 am

Yesterday...mid-20's in central PA, 35 miles on the KLR. Life is OK. Mark B2 A2 At 5:50 PM +0000 1/26/01, ddetloff@... wrote:
>Today . . . 15 degrees in Southern Michigan, 0 miles on the KLR. > >Life sucks! > >Don Detloff >Fair Haven, MI A14 > >--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Dan Oaks wrote: >> Yesterday . . . 65 degrees in Central Florida, 75 miles on the KLR. >> >> Life is good again! >> >> -- >> bierdo >> >> P.S: Does anyone else notice an echo here? > > >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Eric K. Holbrook

ride!

Post by Eric K. Holbrook » Fri Jan 26, 2001 12:05 pm

19 degrees here in Southern New York. 75.61 feet >next to< the KLR on Thursday morning, pushing it back into the garage because of murmurs of another snow storm this way. Life is... grumblegrumblegrumble One another note... Kind of a bizarre switch here, but I do alot of 3D modeling and one of the first bikes I ever created was my old Honda XL600 (we're going back a ways to the 386/18mhz era). That model was created by simple eyeballing the bike, but it came out pretty good. Later on I did a ZX-6 ninja (same techinque, don't like to start measuring stuff since I'm an artist not a mechanic) and it came out pretty good. Anyone be interested in a 3D model of a KLR? I have this sudden urge to create one maybe this weekend of in the next week or so, and put it in all kinds of warm tropical weather type 3D scenes and stuff. heh heh. Heck, if I can't ride one, might as well play with one on my computer. -Eric www.ekholbrook.com At Friday, 26 January 2001, you wrote:
>Today . . . 15 degrees in Southern Michigan, 0 miles on the KLR. > >Life sucks! > >Don Detloff >Fair Haven, MI A14 > >--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Dan Oaks wrote: >> Yesterday . . . 65 degrees in Central Florida, 75 miles on the KLR. >> >> Life is good again! >> >> -- >> bierdo >> >> P.S: Does anyone else notice an echo here? > >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com >

Marcel Blais

ride!

Post by Marcel Blais » Fri Jan 26, 2001 2:50 pm

on 1/26/01 9:56 AM, Mark at mjv2@... wrote:
> Yesterday...mid-20's in central PA, 35 miles on the KLR. > Life is OK. > Mark > B2 > A2 > > At 5:50 PM +0000 1/26/01, ddetloff@... wrote: >> Today . . . 15 degrees in Southern Michigan, 0 miles on the KLR. >> >> Life sucks! >> >> Don Detloff >> Fair Haven, MI A14 >> >> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., Dan Oaks wrote: >>> Yesterday . . . 65 degrees in Central Florida, 75 miles on the KLR. >>> >>> Life is good again! >>> >>> -- >>> bierdo >>> >>> P.S: Does anyone else notice an echo here? >> >>
Yesterday . . . 47 degrees in Oregon, some sunshine, 75 miles on the KLR, almost made it to the snow line at Mt. St Helens before turning back and heading for lower and warmer temps. Life is Grand!! Upright and Off the Guard Rails. Marcel

zootpatutie

ride!

Post by zootpatutie » Fri Jan 26, 2001 3:30 pm

Today 30's and fog in Central Oregon. New truck in the yard and Supercross indoors at the fairgrounds tonight. Taking the kids and a couple of exchange students. Life is right on time. Learn to duck. Todd A9

Bogdan Swider

ride!

Post by Bogdan Swider » Fri Jan 26, 2001 4:47 pm

30's and clear in Southern Colorado. Friday night ritual: Wife bakes some Pizzas (she used to be a professional baker) Yum !! We get a movie to watch with the kids; Pig in the City is one of my favorites. I enjoy some red wine with the pie than sip down a half pint of vodka. Ahhh...family values. Bogdan
> Today 30's and fog in Central Oregon. New truck in the yard and Supercross > indoors at the fairgrounds tonight. Taking the kids and a couple of > exchange > students. > Life is right on time. Learn to duck. > Todd > A9 > > >

stevens@vanion.com

ride!

Post by stevens@vanion.com » Fri Jan 26, 2001 5:03 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Bogdan Swider wrote:
> 30's and clear in Southern Colorado.
WHOA, NOW!! (insert vinyl record scratch) Try central Colorado. You must have been brain washed by the Colorado Springs news media. According to them, the state ends at Fountain. Anyway, got in to the high 40's in SOUTHERN COLORADO, three inches of ice still on the road, and no ice screws. Life is...slick and slushy. "Swede"

Swampy

ride!

Post by Swampy » Fri Jan 26, 2001 5:04 pm

Heck, I live in Florida too, but I don't get to rid that often, works been gettin in the way. My A14 only has 1K miles on it! But I was out and put 70 miles on the LC4 in the swamp on Tuesday witha coupla dirt riding buddies: Dirtboy and Tree Magnet Tom., wata beautiful day in the woods. Good, hard riding. A coupla of feet-off-the-pegs pucker situations. My muscles are only now beginning to stop aching. One thing for sure though, there is a drought in Florida. Areas where there are normally 3 feet of water are now 10 inches of sugar sand. We ran into three water/mud holes on the whole 80 miles when it shoulda been almost 50 percent mud and fun. It was still a great day! BTW, it was 70 off-road miles, took 5 hours of hard riding with spells up to 50mph in the trees! Swampy A14 President: Withlacoochee Dual Sport Riders Southern Dual Sporting Newsletter