final on help!!

DSN_KLR650
Dan Oaks

list is crazy! nklr

Post by Dan Oaks » Wed Jan 17, 2001 12:24 pm

I keep meeting myself coming. I find I'm answering stuff before it gets here. What the hell is wrong here? -- bierdo

Will Oberg

final on help!!

Post by Will Oberg » Wed Jan 17, 2001 12:51 pm

First, I am truely awed and moved by the number of listers who responded to my cry for help. I'm serious, you all are great. Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou. The part was found by the Kaw wrench behind the flywheel. The only way I could have gotten to it would have been to pull the flywheel, which, as you know, I didn't have the wherewithall to do. The whole job, including a valve adjust and oil change, cost $180. An expensive lesson, but it could have been a lot worse. The lessons I learned: 1. Cover all holes with rags 2. Fishing with a magnet is not useful around iron parts 3. The listers here are great One final note: While this was going on my mother was terminally ill. She passed away early Tuesday morning. Putting things in perspective, I've found that any problems that can be solved with the application of money are absolutely trivial. Those problems that can't be solved with money are the ones that matter. I guess I'm stating the obvious, but sometimes the little niggling things block your vision of the big things. This note was not meant to be a downer, and I hope you don't take it as such. Thanks for reading. Will