klr250 vs. super sherpa vs. klx250 ... parts interchangability?

DSN_KLR650
Charles.Earl@ti.com

nklr--kili h-t pants

Post by Charles.Earl@ti.com » Thu Dec 28, 2000 12:05 am

Does anyone have any experiences positive or negative with the Kili H-T pants? I am thinking of getting-them to go with my Kili jacket (which I am very happy with). My other choice would be the Darien. Any advice appreciated. Thanks, Charles

Jim & Shannon Morehead

nklr--kili h-t pants

Post by Jim & Shannon Morehead » Thu Dec 28, 2000 8:07 am

Hi Charles, I got a pair for Christmas and love them. They are very warm and comfortable. They're also a nice match with my gray/black Kili jacket. I must say though that with all the snow and glaze ice here in Oklahoma, I haven't ridden much in the past two or three weeks. I saw a post that suggests the nylon on the Kili jacket is thin compared to other coats. I'm certainly not an expert on all brands, but I'm happy with my coat. I wonder if heavier material would restrict movement. Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 12:05 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] NKLR--Kili H-T pants > > > Does anyone have any experiences positive or negative with the Kili H-T > pants? I am thinking of getting-them to go with my Kili jacket (which I > am very happy with). My other choice would be the Darien. Any advice > appreciated. > > Thanks, > Charles > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >

Charles.Earl@ti.com

nklr--kili h-t pants

Post by Charles.Earl@ti.com » Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:04 am

Thanks Jim, I think that I am going to get them. The price is very attractive and they seem well made. I think/hope the nylon is probably thick enough to protect against abrasion under most circumstances, I have heard unhappy comments about the thickness of some jackets/pants materiel (like wearing cardboard). The Kili's have a thin layer of Thinsolate and are claimed completely waterproof (I know the jacket is). They will probably be hot in summer, but I don't think there is any perfect medium. The smooth lining should be comfortable with shorts and with the way the hip pads are setup, you could lower the side zips near the hips for ventilation and still be pretty protected. They are only $186. and come with the hip pads, not an extra $30. like some other brands . For less than $500 dollars, Kili covers you from head to toe, thats pretty hard to beat. I went through indecision deciding between the Kili or Darien jacket, now I'm doing-it with the pants too. Hopefully happy once, happy twice. Charles "Jim & Shannon Morehead" on 12/28/2000 06:04:21 AM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Charles Earl/SSI1@SSI1 cc: Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR--Kili H-T pants Hi Charles, I got a pair for Christmas and love them. They are very warm and comfortable. They're also a nice match with my gray/black Kili jacket. I must say though that with all the snow and glaze ice here in Oklahoma, I haven't ridden much in the past two or three weeks. I saw a post that suggests the nylon on the Kili jacket is thin compared to other coats. I'm certainly not an expert on all brands, but I'm happy with my coat. I wonder if heavier material would restrict movement. Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 12:05 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] NKLR--Kili H-T pants > > > Does anyone have any experiences positive or negative with the Kili H-T > pants? I am thinking of getting-them to go with my Kili jacket (which I > am very happy with). My other choice would be the Darien. Any advice > appreciated. > > Thanks, > Charles

Luke Reimer

klr250 vs. super sherpa vs. klx250 ... parts interchangability?

Post by Luke Reimer » Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:55 am

All,

I have asked before on the list about upgrade parts for the KLR 250,and ran across an article in the March 2000 issue of Dirt Bike on the Super Sherpa ... the article says
that the Super Sherpa is 'essentially a KLX250 lower-end with an air-cooled cylinder and electric start ...' and lists Stroker Racing as a source for KLX 250 upgrade items, everything from a big-bore kit to cams to exhaust systems .... anyone know how the KLR 250 compares to the KLX 250 and Super Sherpa parts-wise?? Might these parts fit on the KLR 250?

Also, one lister had a KLR 250 for sale with a Cobra ISDE exhaust on it ... I looked at the Cobra site and it listed an exhaust for the KLR 250 from 87-92 ... anyone aware of changes in the KLR250 between 92 and the present that might make this exhaust not fit??

Finally, given the apparent? lack of info on parts for the KLR250, I would like to put together a page for the KLR250 similar to the current page for the 650 ... hopefully I could even get a link from the 650 homepage ..... anyone with info on KLR 250 upgrades could hopefully send me infomation I could add to the page .... just an idea, if you ride a 250 hopefully I will hear from you if this sounds interesting ...

Thanks,
Luke