klr650 vs xt600e

DSN_KLR650
Alejandro Dominguez

bike check at kawa dealer?

Post by Alejandro Dominguez » Tue Dec 19, 2000 3:24 pm

Hi guys, I have been thinking about getting an used KLR to start with, but as I don't have still too much experience in this field, I was wondering about having a Kawasaki dealer check the bike for me before I buy it. Good decision? How much can I expect them to charge me for this kind of check? How long does it normally take? Besides Anton, there's any Lister in South Florida/Miami area? I'll probably come up there in February/March, would be nice to have some beers togheter  :) Ride Safe   Alejandro Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Tue Dec 19, 2000 4:35 pm

Fireball lives in Stuart...
-----Original Message----- [b]From:[/b] Alejandro Dominguez [mailto:domyalex@...] [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, December 19, 2000 2:30 PM [b]To:[/b] List_DSN_KLR650 [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] Bike check at Kawa dealer? Hi guys, I have been thinking about getting an used KLR to start with, but as I don't have still too much experience in this field, I was wondering about having a Kawasaki dealer check the bike for me before I buy it. Good decision? How much can I expect them to charge me for this kind of check? How long does it normally take? Besides Anton, there's any Lister in South Florida/Miami area? I'll probably come up there in February/March, would be nice to have some beers togheter  :) Ride Safe   Alejandro Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Tue Dec 19, 2000 4:56 pm

> Fireball lives in Stuart... >
I've been told that Fireball only exists in Stuart and that the real Stuart lives in Fireball. Bogdan

Stuart Heaslet

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Tue Dec 19, 2000 5:19 pm

Yes, I am Stuart and I live in Stuart. It don't mean nothin'. Helps me to remember my name when I come home. Stuart is about 100 miles north of MIA, so drop me a note when you know you're coming and don't listen to that Bogdan fellow. There's a MIA contingent of KLR riders closer to MIA, so we can flush them out for a beer. Fireball

Alejandro Dominguez

Post by Alejandro Dominguez » Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:32 am

Ah, ok Fireball, I'll let you know when I come up there! Hummm... I'll have to investigate regarding Stuart's (Fireball's?) real name..  ;-) Regarding the other part of the post (having the bike inspected by a local Kawa dealer before buying it), any suggestions/opinions?   Ride Safe   Alejandro
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] Stuart Heaslet [b]Sent:[/b] Martes, 19 de Diciembre de 2000 07:20 p.m. [b]To:[/b] domyalex@... [b]Cc:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_klr650] Bike check at Kawa dealer? Yes, I am Stuart and I live in Stuart.  It don't mean nothin'.  Helps me to remember my name when I come home. Stuart is about 100 miles north of MIA, so drop me a note when you know you're coming and don't listen to that Bogdan fellow. There's a MIA contingent of KLR riders closer to MIA, so we can flush them out for a beer. Fireball ----Original Message----- [b]From:[/b] Alejandro Dominguez [mailto:domyalex@...] [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, December 19, 2000 2:30 PM [b]To:[/b] List_DSN_KLR650 [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] Bike check at Kawa dealer? Hi guys, I have been thinking about getting an used KLR to start with, but as I don't have still too much experience in this field, I was wondering about having a Kawasaki dealer check the bike for me before I buy it. Good decision? How much can I expect them to charge me for this kind of check? How long does it normally take? Besides Anton, there's any Lister in South Florida/Miami area? I'll probably come up there in February/March, would be nice to have some beers togheter  :) Ride Safe Alejandro Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Alejandro Dominguez

klr650 vs xt600e

Post by Alejandro Dominguez » Thu Dec 21, 2000 11:58 pm

Today I had to go (for some business) to a dealer that sells Yamaha too, so I decided to take a look at the XT600E they have there and compare with the Kawa dealer... Alex (me): [looking around for some one to help me...] After a good time... A.:"Hem, excusme, maybe you can help me a bit?" Salesman:"Sure, what I can do for you" A.:"I'd like to know 'bout the XT600" S.:"Oh, ah.. hem, uh... what would you like to know?" A.:"Anything, specially advantages/disadvantages with the Kawasaki KLR650" S.:"Hu.. well, 600cc (KLR 1, XT 0), 6 speeds (actually it's just 5); as *anybody* knows Yamaha has the best frame, most comfortable suspensions, great power as you can see in all cross competition, top quality material (here he was alredy sounding excited!), recognized by all the motorcycle world! Price US$ 7,050 (600 more than the KLR in DR, KLR 2, XT 0) absolutly superior!" A.:"Ahhh.. I see, how many Hp?" S.:"He, hi, ho... hemm.. mah, wait a minute, let me check .... ah! here, 40 hp" (You work selling bikes and you don't know the Hp of your bikes...? KLR 3, XT 0) A.:"What about the fuel tank?" S.:"Ah! good! well... where's that brochure again? (at this point I think he'll handle it to me so I can check too and bring it home to continue looking at it, but nope)... "ah! 15 litres!" (KLR 4, XT 0) A.:"humm, around 4 gals..." (exactly 3.96) S.:"well, actually 5, you know, 1 litre=4 galons" (really?! KLR 5, XT 0) A.:"hum, well, thanks for your time, haw a good day, bye!" S.:"See ya" Now, how does the XT really handle? seems like more off-road than dual sport... Looks like fun to ride too. I'm not actually considering buying it, but this kind of salesmen really con make any customer change his mind....! Has the liquid cooling system of the KLR many advantages than the air cooling one? Ride safe Alejandro _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com