co-2

DSN_KLR650
Peter Dahlheimer, MD

moab get-together timing

Post by Peter Dahlheimer, MD » Thu Dec 07, 2000 8:02 pm

moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of june)! (cont...) that's my chant. three friends and i already have off from work at that time. that's when we'll be there. hope the get-together ends up being then.... _pete

The Goose

moab get-together timing

Post by The Goose » Thu Dec 07, 2000 9:55 pm

I second moab 1st week of june!!!!
>From: "Peter Dahlheimer, MD" >Reply-To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com >To: "KLR650 List" DSN_klr650@egroups.com> >Subject: [DSN_klr650] moab get-together timing >Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:03:30 -0500 > >moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of >june)! >(cont...) > >that's my chant. three friends and i already have off from work at that >time. that's when we'll be there. hope the get-together ends up being >then.... > >_pete > > >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >
_____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

moab get-together timing

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Thu Dec 07, 2000 10:07 pm

Moab! Moab! Moab! I second moab 1st week of june!!!!
>From: "Peter Dahlheimer, MD" >Reply-To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com >To: "KLR650 List" DSN_klr650@egroups.com> >Subject: [DSN_klr650] moab get-together timing >Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:03:30 -0500 > >moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of >june)! >(cont...) > >that's my chant. three friends and i already have off from work at that >time. that's when we'll be there. hope the get-together ends up being >then.... > >_pete > > >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >
_____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Mark

moab get-together timing

Post by Mark » Thu Dec 07, 2000 10:16 pm

I first Moab 2nd week of June! That way I can still ride in the MillHall, PA "Durty Dabbers" ride, one the largest DualSport rides in the US. Mark B2 A2 At 9:55 PM -0600 12/7/00, The Goose wrote:
>I second moab 1st week of june!!!! > > >>From: "Peter Dahlheimer, MD" >>Reply-To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com >>To: "KLR650 List" DSN_klr650@egroups.com> >>Subject: [DSN_klr650] moab get-together timing >>Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:03:30 -0500 >> >>moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of june)! moab (1st week of >>june)! >>(cont...) >> >>that's my chant. three friends and i already have off from work at that >>time. that's when we'll be there. hope the get-together ends up being >>then.... >> >>_pete

Craig Loseke

moab get-together timing

Post by Craig Loseke » Thu Dec 07, 2000 11:05 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Mark wrote:
> I first Moab 2nd week of June! That way I can still ride in the > MillHall, PA "Durty Dabbers" ride, one the largest DualSport rides
in
> the US. > Mark > B2 > A2 > >
I second for the 2nd Weekend in June. Damn Hospital Management says I can only take one scheduled weekend a year off. I would rather keep my weekend off for other events. Craig, MT (ASCP) A15 P.R.U.A.V.

Fongball@aol.com

moab get-together timing

Post by Fongball@aol.com » Fri Dec 08, 2000 12:34 am

I second Moab the 2nd week of June! (camping on the Great Wall of China until June 2nd). Tim A15

Karl Raupp

moab get-together timing

Post by Karl Raupp » Fri Dec 08, 2000 1:32 am

I'll vote for sometime late April or into May. I can do June but it'll screw up a whole whack of things for me, including considerably more lost income than if it was earlier. FWIW Karl

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

moab get-together timing

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Fri Dec 08, 2000 8:29 am

I'll vote for sometime late April or into May. I can do June but it'll screw up a whole whack of things for me, including considerably more lost income than if it was earlier. FWIW Karl _______________ I don't know this officially, but my sense is that Gino feels the Utah-Get-Together is growing to a size and complexity that goes beyond its original vision. He has always encouraged regional gatherings of riders (this is exactly what Cal Posse is doing). I'm wondering if we shouldn't start having two or even three Moab events...call them informal gatherings at the same time each year where over the course of three to five years you'd have a good chance of meeting many different folks because of changing attendance. BTW, the problem with an early gathering is the La Sal Mountain runs are snowed in and snow can greet long distance travelers. The second week of June gets pretty close to the hot July weather (actually this last year, it was hotter) although there the secret is to get out early and be back by 2:30 and sit in the shade with a camelbak filled with your favorite libation. I favor a summer gathering as it makes it possible for educators and students to join us. Fred is always telling us how gorgeous it is in the fall. Maybe we should have a spring, summer and fall gathering. Kurt (always abundantly full of throw away ideas)

Ed Snow

moab get-together timing

Post by Ed Snow » Fri Dec 08, 2000 8:43 am

> I don't know this officially, but my sense is that Gino feels the > Utah-Get-Together is growing to a size and complexity that goes > beyond its original vision. He has always encouraged regional > gatherings of riders (this is exactly what Cal Posse is doing). > I'm wondering if we shouldn't start having two or even three Moab > events...call them informal gatherings at the same time each year > where over the course of three to five years you'd have a good > chance of meeting many different folks because of changing > attendance.
Stupendous Idea. Early summer, late summer. Perhaps the first week of september or maybe the week after Labor Day to avoid the masses.
> Kurt (always abundantly full of throw away ideas)
I'd say you are full of something, perhaps it's good ideas. Ed Snow 2001 KLR650 "Zoom Zoom"

motor_rider@email.msn.com

moab get-together timing

Post by motor_rider@email.msn.com » Fri Dec 08, 2000 9:17 am

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Ed Snow" wrote:
> > I don't know this officially, but my sense is that Gino feels the > > Utah-Get-Together is growing to a size and complexity that goes > > beyond its original vision. He has always encouraged regional > > gatherings of riders (this is exactly what Cal Posse is doing). > > I'm wondering if we shouldn't start having two or even three Moab > > events...call them informal gatherings at the same time each year > > where over the course of three to five years you'd have a good > > chance of meeting many different folks because of changing > > attendance. > > > Stupendous Idea. Early summer, late summer. Perhaps the first
week
> of september or maybe the week after Labor Day to avoid the masses. > > > Kurt (always abundantly full of throw away ideas) > > I'd say you are full of something, perhaps it's good ideas. >
All great ideas gang. Trouble is, I don't see anyone except for Kurt and Fred, who already do alot of work, stepping up to the plate to coordinate this stuff. MR