nklr lucky guy

DSN_KLR650
punkynsquirt@cs.com

cuba and hispaniola

Post by punkynsquirt@cs.com » Thu Dec 07, 2000 1:42 pm

Hey balls afire: What do you think of going to Cuba and Hispaniola from Quintana Roo? Thanks for the audience, advice and lunch. Feliz Navidad, Punky & Lew Waterman

ron criswell

cuba and hispaniola

Post by ron criswell » Thu Dec 07, 2000 2:54 pm

If we ride there, we will have to fix the KLR water stall problem. I don't think a t fitting will do it. Criswell punkynsquirt@... wrote:
> Hey balls afire: What do you think of going to Cuba and Hispaniola from > Quintana Roo? Thanks for the audience, advice and lunch. > Feliz Navidad, > > Punky & Lew Waterman > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

punkynsquirt@cs.com

cuba and hispaniola

Post by punkynsquirt@cs.com » Thu Dec 07, 2000 3:46 pm

Ron: Snorkels -- or by ship or air. Who was it that posted a recent message to me saying he was planning to go through the Darien Gap in a couple of years? Like to hear more about how you plan to do that. I assume you have researched this. Please come back with more info. Currently, I plan to fly over the Darien Gap next year. I've read of a way to go by boat through the islands. The only one I heard went through had to carry the bike (with help) much of the way. Feliz Navidad, Punky & Lew Waterman

ron criswell

cuba and hispaniola

Post by ron criswell » Thu Dec 07, 2000 4:05 pm

Are you really going to fly over the Darien gap next year? From where to where? And what's it going to cost to fly the klr? Ron Criswell punkynsquirt@... wrote:
> Ron: Snorkels -- or by ship or air. Who was it that posted a recent message > to me saying he was planning to go through the Darien Gap in a couple of > years? Like to hear more about how you plan to do that. I assume you have > researched this. Please come back with more info. Currently, I plan to fly > over the Darien Gap next year. I've read of a way to go by boat through the > islands. The only one I heard went through had to carry the bike (with help) > much of the way. > Feliz Navidad, > Punky & Lew Waterman > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

punkynsquirt@cs.com

cuba and hispaniola

Post by punkynsquirt@cs.com » Thu Dec 07, 2000 4:27 pm

Hi Ron: Yes. My research indicates $250 for the bike from Panama City to Bogota. Passenger fare a little less than $200. If you want to bypass the risks in Colombia, you pay $350 to Quito plus passenger fare. I'm inclined to accept the risks in Colombia. If you stay on the main roads, don't travel at night, don't camp out and follow local cautionary advice, you should be OK. No guarantees. At least I've got Punky to protect me. Wet ass Juan says he wants to join me. We will try to work out an acceptable compromise and hope for the best. There are many benefits to having a companion, with like interests, to travel and share with. Juan is bilingual and that's a good thing as well. You want to join Punky & Lew's Americas Motopaseo? Feliz Navidad, Punky & Lew Waterman

ron criswell

cuba and hispaniola

Post by ron criswell » Thu Dec 07, 2000 6:51 pm

I would like to join you guys, but it depends on your schedule. I already have a tentative plan to go with another guy to Alaska in June. Are you going all the way to Terre del Fuego? My wife and I were in Argentina in August this year and made it as far as 45 degrees latitude south to Bariloche. Beautiful country in those mountains and the Argentineans are great people. Sure been wanting to go the whole length of Chili. Not real crazy about Columbia although I have been to Venezuela twice (which is next door). Juan will be a big asset with his language capabilities. I can order beer, chicken, fish, and beef plus find the rest rooms and count to 10 maybe 15 in a pinch. One of these days I'm gonna get serious and learn spanish. I think the only way I will learn is to live in a spanish speaking country for a while. Ron Criswell punkynsquirt@... wrote:
> Hi Ron: Yes. My research indicates $250 for the bike from Panama City to > Bogota. Passenger fare a little less than $200. If you want to bypass the > risks in Colombia, you pay $350 to Quito plus passenger fare. I'm inclined to > accept the risks in Colombia. If you stay on the main roads, don't travel at > night, don't camp out and follow local cautionary advice, you should be OK. > No guarantees. At least I've got Punky to protect me. Wet ass Juan says he > wants to join me. We will try to work out an acceptable compromise and hope > for the best. There are many benefits to having a companion, with like > interests, to travel and share with. Juan is bilingual and that's a good > thing as well. You want to join Punky & Lew's Americas Motopaseo? > Feliz Navidad, > Punky & Lew Waterman > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

punkynsquirt@cs.com

cuba and hispaniola

Post by punkynsquirt@cs.com » Thu Dec 07, 2000 7:12 pm

Hi Ron: I will be in western Canada and Alaska in July and August next year. Intend to be south of the Canadian border by September 1. Jess Booth is thinking of joining me from Maryland to Newfoundland and Labrador, then west to Alaska and Prudhoe Bay via Yellowknife and Inuvik. Then I will head south, hopefully picking up Juan in Valle Del Bravo, Mexico, and on to Tierra Del Fuego and back. May I'll see you in western Canada or Alaska? Keep in touch. Feliz Navidad, Punky & Lew Waterman Punky & Lew's Americas Motopaseo Greenacres, Florida

punkynsquirt@cs.com

cuba and hispaniola

Post by punkynsquirt@cs.com » Thu Dec 07, 2000 7:24 pm

Hi Ron: I forgot to tell you that I hope to be in Ushuaia, Tierra Del Fuego for the annual adventure tourers gathering on Christmas 2001. Then, I want to take the inland scenic route north through Patagonia and Bariloche, before heading east to Buenos Aires. Then, north to Iguazu Falls and on to Rio for Carnival in February 2000. The return northward will become more leisurely crisscrossing the continent visiting all the countries in South America. If you were in Patagonia in August, then that was wintertime. I will be there in summertime. My entire tour will take about 2 years. You could join whatever part fits in your schedule. Let me know if you have further interest. Feliz Navidad, Punky & Lew

Dan Paulsen

nklr lucky guy

Post by Dan Paulsen » Thu Dec 07, 2000 9:34 pm

As I wander along the path I sing I'm a lucky, lucky guy. Please just smile, don't laugh as I really do sing this. :+) Sorry for using the past tense in error! I look in my garage and see four m/c's and I m a lucky guy. I will travel the world on the KLR soon as I retire and I'm a lucky guy. I read this list and I'm a lucky guy. Repeat 1000 times. Dan
> You still are, dude, you still are. NEVER talk about luck in a past
tense!
> > Juan

ron criswell

cuba and hispaniola

Post by ron criswell » Thu Dec 07, 2000 10:02 pm

I will. Sounds good.. Ron Criswell punkynsquirt@... wrote:
> Hi Ron: I will be in western Canada and Alaska in July and August next year. > Intend to be south of the Canadian border by September 1. Jess Booth is > thinking of joining me from Maryland to Newfoundland and Labrador, then west > to Alaska and Prudhoe Bay via Yellowknife and Inuvik. Then I will head south, > hopefully picking up Juan in Valle Del Bravo, Mexico, and on to Tierra Del > Fuego and back. May I'll see you in western Canada or Alaska? Keep in touch. > Feliz Navidad, > Punky & Lew Waterman > Punky & Lew's Americas Motopaseo > Greenacres, Florida > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com