robert campbell highway in yukon

DSN_KLR650
quattrofun@aol.com

joe rocket ballistic pants

Post by quattrofun@aol.com » Tue Nov 28, 2000 12:57 pm

The wife wants to get me some protective pants to protect the goods. Does anybody have any input on the Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants? Dual Sporting and leather pants would be loser. any feedback?

Enlow, Kyle S

Post by Enlow, Kyle S » Tue Nov 28, 2000 1:12 pm

I have the Joe Rocket Pants. They have nice pads in the knee. The hip pads are not that great. They are pretty warm when worn with jeans under them. The don't zip off. I don't like that. However they don't cost much. I think they would do a good job protecting your skin if you went down. Kyle -----Original Message----- From: quattrofun@... [mailto:quattrofun@...] Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 1:58 PM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants The wife wants to get me some protective pants to protect the goods. Does anybody have any input on the Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants? Dual Sporting and leather pants would be loser. any feedback? Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

bill e goat

Post by bill e goat » Tue Nov 28, 2000 3:26 pm

I purchased a pair against the recommendations of this wise group (I have known for years that motorcyclists are very adamant about knowing everything) so I used my own judgment and bought a pair. I am tall and JR has tall sizes (point) the pants are waterproof (another point) the knee pads are pretty good (nother point), the price was right (point again). I don't think they offer any protection unless used over denim or other pants, which I believe would up their dump-speed protection quotient to some degree. Not as protective of my leathers (I like leather for off-pavement although it's heavy) but good rain and cold weather gear, in my so-humble opinion. Lucky-boy cur goat from hell

Michael Kovaliv

Post by Michael Kovaliv » Tue Nov 28, 2000 6:34 pm

I just got a pair for my birthday (October 14th for anyone who want's to send me some KLR accessories next year!) and I like them. I wanted them for cold weather riding here in sunny Windsor, Ontario. They are made well and if you get the right size, fit well, and I forget that I even have them on. Mike A12 quattrofun@... wrote:
> The wife wants to get me some protective pants to protect the goods. > Does anybody have any input on the Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants? > Dual Sporting and leather pants would be loser. > > any feedback? > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Mariola Cichon

robert campbell highway in yukon

Post by Mariola Cichon » Wed Nov 29, 2000 1:21 pm

Hello Stuart, Thanks a lot. This is encouraging. I am also going to read your reports... sounds very interesting. I do not intend to disappear from the list, my friends. I am just a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to do these days. Your answers are very valuable to me, trust me. There is no better way for finding the info than asking the experienced people. I thank everyone out there for the time and effort. I hope that one day I will be able to repay you somehow. HoldUpToTheWind
----- Original Message ----- From: Stuart Heaslet To: Mariola Cichon ; KLR list dsn_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2000 6:13 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] robert campbell highway in Yukon > On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:38:58 -0600 > "Mariola Cichon" wrote: > > I promises not to bother you people anymore, at least not > > today ;-) > > This is my last question. anyone out there rode the > > Robert Campbell Highway in Yukon? If so, I wonder if it > > is true that from there is no gas station (or any other > > way to obtain gas) between Watson Lake (on the border > > with British Columbia) and Ross River, about 220 miles > > away (dirt and gravel miles, supposedly...). > > No gas between Ross River and Watson Lake that I can > remember. But even with the rejetted carb and aftermarket > exhaust I did not need additional fuel. I rode slower and > went on reserve at about 212 miles as I recall on that > stretch. I did pass a road maintanance area near the > Tuchitua River - if you got into trouble they might have > gas, but I wouldn't want to rely on them especially if they > are a 100% diesel operation. > > An interesting road is up from Miner's Junction to the > abandoned town of Tungsten. I did not go because I had > inadequate fuel reserves, but it would be an interesting > trip. > > One note - if you need extra fuel the standard size > Aerostich Tank Panniers carry the equivalent of at least one > Imperial gallon on each side. Andy Goldfine does NOT > recommend this, but for some strange reason the bags are > perfect for fuel cans. It may be possible to carry up to 2 > U.S. gallons on each side if you can find appropriate > containers. I carried extra fuel only twice - once in > northern Alaska beyond the Arctic Circle during the Coldfoot > to Prudhoe Bay leg of the Dalton Highway, and on the > Dempster Highway in the Yukon/Northwest Territories. > Otherwise, stations are usually available well within KLR > tank range. > > The Campbell Highway, as is the Dempster, Dalton and others, > are excellent graded roads (some pavement). AM24 Gripsters > work well in those conditions - you might want to run heavy > duty tubes (no slime). > > Please don't disappear from the list. Keep asking questions. > > > Stuart > A12 > > > >