looking for...

DSN_KLR650
HwyBandit

rear brake and shifter levers

Post by HwyBandit » Thu Nov 23, 2000 1:48 am

I'm new to this group so Hello all :> Have a '98klr650 which was pretty clean that is until I took it on the RidgeRunner 500. Oh, it held up well. It did make the whole narly trip-well most of it. I found out quick the weaknesses that lie in the bike and thus my question. I snapped off the rear brake lever at the spline shaft just like it was butter because obviously its cheap, almost pot style aluminum that amazingly costs $100.00 to replace. Does anybody know of a good steel alternative. And while were on the subject of levers I realized on one other trip that motocross boots+hard shifting=useless shift lever. Anybody find a good replacement yet? Dan in San Fran

Tumu Rock

rear brake and shifter levers

Post by Tumu Rock » Thu Nov 23, 2000 2:07 am

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:41:33 -0800, HwyBandit wrote: I snapped off the rear brake lever at the spline shaft just like it was butter because obviously its cheap, almost pot style aluminum that amazingly costs $100.00 to replace. Does anybody know of a good steel alternative.>>>>>>>>> Don't know about the brake lever (or is it break lever in this case?). And while were on the subject of levers I realized on one other trip that motocross boots+hard shifting=useless shift lever. Anybody find a good replacement yet?>>>>>>>>>>> Moose/MSR or IMS. dat brooklyn bum _______________________________________________________ Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

Tumu Rock

looking for...

Post by Tumu Rock » Thu Nov 23, 2000 2:28 am

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:11:42 -0500, Roy Bertalotto wrote: I'm new to this list and looking for some information. I want to add a dual sport to my stable. It has come down to a MuZ Baghira Black Panther (www.muz.de) or a KLR650. Does anyone have real "saddle" experience with both of these machines? I can buy a 2001 Baghira for $5900. What should I expect to pay for a new KLR? Anyone know of a good used 1997 or newer KLR for sale in New England? Are you aware of any dealers around Boston with a new KLR on the floor?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roy, check out the Kawi dealer in Shrewsbury (I think). It's on route 9 headed towards Worcester from Boston. It's right across from Christmas Tree Shops (Yep, that's how I found it. Wife and Mom-in-law at the CTS and I looked across the way..."I'll be right back..."). I live in NYC but every time I've been at that shop they've had a KLR650 on the floor. Don't know much about the MuZ except they sure is purty. I think parts could be expensive on the MuZ but I've been seeing more and more of them lately so maybe their dealer network is improving in the U.S. The KLR lists at just under $5k so depending on your bargaining prowess and the dealer's desire to sell, a new one can be had for as little as $4300 but that's a stretch here on the east coast... happy hunting, dat brooklyn bum _______________________________________________________ Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html