klr aftermarket tanks

DSN_KLR650
Jim & Shannon Morehead

another use for klr's

Post by Jim & Shannon Morehead » Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:10 pm

Hi All, Well, it's Bambi killing time in Okieland. I am happy to report that I was a successful participant in this endeavor. I was near death myself after dragging my 9-pointer for about 1/8 mile and suddenly realized that I should not be doing work that a machine can do for me!! I went home and retrieved the mighty KLR650 and a tow strap. My mighty little titan easily towed the dead Bambi Dad to the nearest road. Let's hear it from anyone else who's used their bike for this purpose and also from you bleeding heart anti-hunters. Jim

tebklr@aol.com

another use for klr's

Post by tebklr@aol.com » Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:22 pm

In a message dated 11/8/00 7:11:50 PM Central Standard Time, morehead@... writes: << Hi All, Well, it's Bambi killing time in Okieland. I am happy to report that I was a successful participant in this endeavor. Snip Let's hear it from anyone else who's used their bike for this purpose and also from you bleeding heart anti-hunters. Jim >> A friend of mine just used his VFR750 to harvest a deer. 1 splattered deer, 1 splattered bike. Rider didn't fall down, and is OK!!!!! Woof!

LawsonCL@aol.com

another use for klr's

Post by LawsonCL@aol.com » Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:48 pm

Jim Leatherstocking Morehead@... writes:
My mighty little titan easily towed the dead Bambi Dad to the nearest road.
Good on you, Jim, for exterminating another potential motorcyclist killer. Chris Lawson

rusig1@aol.com

another use for klr's

Post by rusig1@aol.com » Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:52 pm

In a message dated 11/08/2000 6:11:39 PM Mountain Standard Time, morehead@... writes:
Let's hear it from anyone else who's used their bike for this purpose
I took my wife's KLR250 up for my Idaho deer hunt Oct 5th. I ended up shooting a 2x2 mule deer with my rifle rested across the handlebars. Then on the 25th I took my mighty 650 up for my Elk hunt. We rode up to a spot on my friends ranch at first light and as soon as the bikes were turned off I heard an elk bugling just a short distance away. I walked up a hill and shot a nice 5x4 bull just as it was getting light. It was the first elk I actually saw that morning but there was lots in the area. Later I saw the herd bull and he was huge. I fortunately had the option of riding down and getting the truck to load my animal up. I was lucky we were able to back the truck right up to it. I took a cool picture of my elk with my KLR right behind it but unfortunately I don't have a scanner. Kinda weird where I shot my deer it was not maybe 100 yards from where I got my elk. When I shot the deer there was 3 bulls and 6 cows in with the ! deer. The biggest bull was a 4x4. Its kinda unnerving to see these big elk during deer season so close and not be able to shoot one.  Dave in ID

Jim & Shannon Morehead

another use for klr's

Post by Jim & Shannon Morehead » Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:57 pm

Hi Chris,   You are absolutely correct.  The deer is the most dangerous animal in the USA.( More people are killed in deer vehicle collisions than with any other animal.)  I do try to do my part.   He he he.   Jim
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] LawsonCL@... [b]To:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, November 08, 2000 7:48 PM [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] Another Use for KLR's Jim Leatherstocking Morehead@... writes: My mighty little titan easily towed the dead Bambi Dad to the nearest road.
Good on you, Jim, for exterminating another potential motorcyclist killer. Chris Lawson Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Jim & Shannon Morehead

another use for klr's

Post by Jim & Shannon Morehead » Wed Nov 08, 2000 8:02 pm

Hi Dave,   It sounds like you are having a great year!!  My wife and I drove through Idaho this fall and we were really impressed with the parts of the state we saw.  I'd love to hunt there sometime, but I'll bet even the KLR650 would have a tough time dragging a mature elk out of the woods.   Good to hear from you.   Jim
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] rusig1@... [b]To:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, November 08, 2000 7:52 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_klr650] Another Use for KLR's In a message dated 11/08/2000 6:11:39 PM Mountain Standard Time, morehead@... writes: Let's hear it from anyone else who's used their bike for this purpose
I took my wife's KLR250 up for my Idaho deer hunt Oct 5th. I ended up shooting a 2x2 mule deer with my rifle rested across the handlebars. Then on the 25th I took my mighty 650 up for my Elk hunt. We rode up to a spot on my friends ranch at first light and as soon as the bikes were turned off I heard an elk bugling just a short distance away. I walked up a hill and shot a nice 5x4 bull just as it was getting light. It was the first elk I actually saw that morning but there was lots in the area. Later I saw the herd bull and he was huge. I fortunately had the option of riding down and getting the truck to load my animal up. I was lucky we were able to back the truck right up to it. I took a cool picture of my elk with my KLR right behind it but unfortunately I don't have a scanner. Kinda weird where I shot my deer it was not maybe 100 yards from where I got my elk. When I shot the deer there was 3 bulls and 6 cows in with the ! deer. The biggest bull was a 4x4. Its kinda unnerving to see these big elk during deer season so close and not be able to shoot one.  Dave in ID Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

TLrydr@aol.com

another use for klr's

Post by TLrydr@aol.com » Wed Nov 08, 2000 8:07 pm

I I shot a 4 ton bull elephant in africa, and pulled him 500 miles to the nearest camp with the mighty KLR.... Lets see if someone can top that!!! Mike n a message dated 11/8/00 8:11:29 PM EST, morehead@... writes: << Let's hear it from anyone else who's used their bike for this purpose and also from you bleeding heart anti-hunters. >>

Jim & Shannon Morehead

another use for klr's

Post by Jim & Shannon Morehead » Wed Nov 08, 2000 8:14 pm

good one! I'll never top that one.
----- Original Message ----- From: To: ; DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 8:07 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Another Use for KLR's > I I shot a 4 ton bull elephant in africa, and pulled him 500 miles to the > nearest camp with the mighty KLR.... Lets see if someone can top that!!! > > Mike > n a message dated 11/8/00 8:11:29 PM EST, morehead@... writes: > > also from you bleeding heart anti-hunters. >> > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >

Tumu Rock

another use for klr's

Post by Tumu Rock » Wed Nov 08, 2000 11:29 pm

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:57:56 -0600, Jim & Shannon Morehead wrote: Hi Chris, You are absolutely correct. The deer is the most dangerous animal in the USA.( More people are killed in deer vehicle collisions than with any other animal.) I do try to do my part. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I think , if we really want safer roads, we need to start killing off people...not deer. dat brooklyn bum _______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

Dan Paulsen

another use for klr's

Post by Dan Paulsen » Wed Nov 08, 2000 11:39 pm

Remember a few days ago the track came off the extremely large machine that pulls the rocket to the launch pad at Kenedy Space Center? Along I came on the mighty KLR.. hooked my tow downs to the load and it's a done deal. Have to admit the Kenda 270 rear 'tar' made a hell of a difference. Dan