nklr off off-road.com

DSN_KLR650
wschase@aol.com

oil change help!!

Post by wschase@aol.com » Mon Oct 30, 2000 11:25 am

I have misplaced my owners manuel and having several bikes I cannot remember how much oil to put in the KLR after draining and replacing the filter....someone please save me the hassle of adding alittle at a time and watching the sight glass. Anyone know what should put me at top of sight glass?? THANKS IN ADVANCE! Semper Fi ! Steve Dallas, Texas A14 ZG 1000 A14 KLR 650 Buell Blast (hers)

Dennis Eastman

oil change help!!

Post by Dennis Eastman » Mon Oct 30, 2000 11:37 am

I read it last night and I believe it said 2.6 qts if you replace the filter. ~Dennis~ deast@... Concrd, NC 2001 KLR650
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, wschase@a... wrote: > I have misplaced my owners manuel and having several bikes I cannot remember > how much oil to put in the KLR after draining and replacing the > filter....someone please save me the hassle of adding alittle at a time and > watching the sight glass. Anyone know what should put me at top of sight > glass?? THANKS IN ADVANCE! > > Semper Fi ! > Steve > Dallas, Texas > A14 ZG 1000 > A14 KLR 650 > Buell Blast (hers)

Scherer, Michael

oil change help!!

Post by Scherer, Michael » Mon Oct 30, 2000 12:20 pm

This is a joke, right? Just kidding. You may get blasted but I will tell you what I do, and just did this weekend. Drain, change filter, add 2.5 liters of oil. (this puts the level above the glass) Don't ask what type of oil. Biker Mike. -----Original Message----- From: wschase@... [mailto:wschase@...] Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 12:25 PM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Oil change help!! I have misplaced my owners manuel and having several bikes I cannot remember how much oil to put in the KLR after draining and replacing the filter....someone please save me the hassle of adding alittle at a time and watching the sight glass. Anyone know what should put me at top of sight glass?? THANKS IN ADVANCE! Semper Fi ! Steve Dallas, Texas A14 ZG 1000 A14 KLR 650 Buell Blast (hers) Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Sanders, Eric

oil change help!!

Post by Sanders, Eric » Mon Oct 30, 2000 12:32 pm

Hey, 2.5 L is molded into the engine casing, which is the amount stated in the manual for amount to add with a filter change. Hummmm... Ya think they want you to change the filter _every_ oil change since they didn't include the "non filter change" spec on the casing? Eric A13L "Beef" Colorado Springs ps- disclaimer: Take any and all of my advice at your own risk only. -----Original Message----- From: wschase@... [mailto:wschase@...] Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 10:25 AM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Oil change help!! I have misplaced my owners manuel and having several bikes I cannot remember how much oil to put in the KLR after draining and replacing the filter....someone please save me the hassle of adding alittle at a time and watching the sight glass. Anyone know what should put me at top of sight glass?? THANKS IN ADVANCE! Semper Fi ! Steve Dallas, Texas A14 ZG 1000 A14 KLR 650 Buell Blast (hers) Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Dennis Eastman

oil change help!!

Post by Dennis Eastman » Mon Oct 30, 2000 12:38 pm

Or was that Liters???? In the future I will keep all comments to myself... Sorry for the misinfo. ~Dennis~
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Dennis Eastman" wrote: > I read it last night and I believe it said 2.6 qts if you replace the > filter. > > ~Dennis~ > deast@v... > Concrd, NC > 2001 KLR650 > > --- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, wschase@a... wrote: > > I have misplaced my owners manuel and having several bikes I cannot > remember > > how much oil to put in the KLR after draining and replacing the > > filter....someone please save me the hassle of adding alittle at a > time and > > watching the sight glass. Anyone know what should put me at top of > sight > > glass?? THANKS IN ADVANCE! > > > > Semper Fi ! > > Steve > > Dallas, Texas > > A14 ZG 1000 > > A14 KLR 650 > > Buell Blast (hers)

bill e goat

nklr off off-road.com

Post by bill e goat » Mon Oct 30, 2000 1:34 pm

Please do this (I just did). I've used these phone tallies on housing budget issues and they are the most effective way to spend a couple of minutes....it is law that every comment must be tallied.
> > Make a FREE CALL to the President today! CALL 1-800/663-9566 Tell
him that you want to preserve recreational access in the so- called "Roadless" areas.