cruising on h1 (honolulu, hawaii)

DSN_KLR650
ThisisJim1587981@aol.com

digest number 621

Post by ThisisJim1587981@aol.com » Tue Oct 24, 2000 12:21 pm

In a message dated 10/23/00 6:22:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, DSN_klr650@egroups.com writes:
> Clinton to lock up national forests > > Pushes to establish roadless rule before leaving office > > Click here for complete text:
It isn't Clinton that we need to worry about. Even if he passes the roadless initiative, it can be repealed by the next president. We need to worry about Gore. He has publicly stated that he will increase Clinton's initiative by leaps and bounds, Plus, Gore is in bed with the Sierra Club and other radical environmental groups. I apologize if I have offended any Gore supporters, but this man is the most serious threat to offroad and dirt road activities that we've seen in a very long time. If you want to enjoy the back country, don't support Gore. Jim Sherlock

dskinc@mindspring.com

digest number 621

Post by dskinc@mindspring.com » Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:20 pm

The real tragedy is; He has already, unilaterally closed 40 million acres. Yes folks, that's your land (public land) being closed with no input from you or your representatives. They must think we wouldn't be able to make correct decision, you know....the one they made, so.....they made it for you. Now that's servicing the public. TK
----- Original Message ----- From: To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 1:12 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Digest Number 621 | In a message dated 10/23/00 6:22:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, | DSN_klr650@egroups.com writes: | | > Clinton to lock up national forests | > | > Pushes to establish roadless rule before leaving office | > | > Click here for complete text: | It isn't Clinton that we need to worry about. Even if he passes the roadless | initiative, it can be repealed by the next president. We need to worry about | Gore. He has publicly stated that he will increase Clinton's initiative by | leaps and bounds, Plus, Gore is in bed with the Sierra Club and other radical | environmental groups. I apologize if I have offended any Gore supporters, but | this man is the most serious threat to offroad and dirt road activities that | we've seen in a very long time. If you want to enjoy the back country, don't | support Gore. | | Jim Sherlock | | Visit the KLR650 archives at | http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 | Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... | Let's keep this list SPAM free! | | Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 | To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: | DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com | |

racing43rd@aol.com

digest number 621

Post by racing43rd@aol.com » Tue Oct 24, 2000 9:15 pm

I find it fascinating that the westerners on this list get all excited about "land closures". Hey gang at least the land is still there (and can be reopened). here in the east the land developers helped by their Republican slave dogs heve REALLY closed the land. I'm talking shopping centers, business plazas, housing developments, etc. why don't you all calm down, take a good look free from the BULLSHIT being fed you by the same financial interests that I refer to, and see if you can figure out who the real enemy is. Ed Windsor Ohio

Backroad Bandit

digest number 621

Post by Backroad Bandit » Tue Oct 24, 2000 10:21 pm

why don't you all calm down, take
> a good look free from the BULLSHIT being fed you by the same
financial
> interests that I refer to, and see if you can figure out who the
real enemy
> is. > > Ed > Windsor Ohio
Ed, let me guess.............it's the Republicans? Backroad Bill ever the social democrat

Steve Swedhin

digest number 621

Post by Steve Swedhin » Tue Oct 24, 2000 11:40 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, but most land closures here in the West are the result of law suits by environmental groups against the government. The reason Easterners don't have any public land is that there wasn't any east of the Mississippi and Missouri when the NPS, BLM, and NFS were set up. All of those lands where titled or deeded in the mid 1800's. Governmental land management didn't start until the late 1800's, early 1900's thanks partly to Theodore Roosevelt, (a little salt in the wound) a Republican. Easterners shouldn't say that it is just us Westerners griping, remember this land belongs to you also. You should help us to keep these lands open so that we ALL can use them. Believe me, I see enough urban sprawl from Denver and Colorado Springs that I can sympathize with the hatred of land developers, however the population base is MUCH larger in the east, you can expect having few public lands (there just isn't any room for it). So, step back and take a look free from the BULLSHIT by the "close everything" environmentalists. If you don't have the facts don't enter the fight.                                                     "Swede"     --- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, racing43rd@a... wrote: I find it fascinating that the westerners on this list get all excited about "land closures". Hey gang at least the land is still there (and can be reopened). Here in the east the land developers helped by their Republican slave dogs have REALLY closed the land. I'm talking shopping centers,  business plazas, housing developments, etc. why don't you all calm down, take a good look free from the BULLSHIT being fed you by the same financial interests that I refer to, and see if you can figure out who the real enemy is. Ed Windsor Ohio --- End forwarded message ---

Kahiau

cruising on h1 (honolulu, hawaii)

Post by Kahiau » Wed Oct 25, 2000 6:10 pm

Who was that riding on H1 yesterday afternoon around 2p.  I tried to catch up but my bronco doesn't ride like my Y2k.  Scot said it wasn't him, maybe Brian?   Aloha for now,   John Rodriguez Programmer Orincon Corporation-Hawaii RIPPEN Lab 970 N. Kalaheo Ave. Ste. C-215 Kailua, Hawaii 96734 Phone: 808.254.1532, ext. 341 Fax: 808.254.5622 Email: jrodriguez@...           www.rippen.com