riding t-minus 2 weeks (almost nklr), q for tx riders

DSN_KLR650
Henry (Terry) Brigham

lowering klr650

Post by Henry (Terry) Brigham » Sun Oct 22, 2000 7:49 pm

Hi Dennis. I have a brand new SHORT progressive shock assembly. this is the shock assy. that Progressive makes for the US Marine's model. It lowers the riding position by an inch. It is fully adjustable for internal valving as well as spring height. I bought it to lower my KLR650 since I am an old fart who has a hard time swinging my right leg up and over the stock seat. At the same time I also ordered a Corbin seat. Well the seat finally arrived and that is all I need now. The Progressive shock has maybe 20mi on it and is essentially new. I paid $420. for it and will sell it for 1/2 of that. You pay the UPS. If interested, give me a holler. Yours, Terry Brigham. Rockport, Texas. 361-7293562

Dennis Eastman

lowering klr650

Post by Dennis Eastman » Sun Oct 22, 2000 9:52 pm

Hey Terry, Thanks for the info. It appears that I have several options to choose from for lowering my bike to somewhere below nosebleed level. I am going to have to check with the dealership where I purchased the bike before I do anything though. See, I purchased the extended (4 year) warrany and I don't know what will and will not void it. So before I make any major mods I must be sure that I am not going to end up hurting myself in the long run. I didn't realize when I made that decision how much I would be tying my hands. I just wanted peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong that Kawa. would take care of it. Live and learn.... Thanks again, ~Dennis~ --- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Henry \(Terry\) Brigham" wrote:
> Hi Dennis. I have a brand new SHORT progressive shock assembly.
this is
> the shock assy. that Progressive makes for the US Marine's model.
It lowers
> the riding position by an inch. It is fully adjustable for internal
valving
> as well as spring height. I bought it to lower my KLR650 since I am
an old
> fart who has a hard time swinging my right leg up and over the
stock seat.
> At the same time I also ordered a Corbin seat. Well the seat
finally arrived
> and that is all I need now. The Progressive shock has maybe 20mi on
it and
> is essentially new. I paid $420. for it and will sell it for 1/2 of
that.
> You pay the UPS. If interested, give me a holler. Yours, Terry
Brigham.
> Rockport, Texas. 361-7293562

Henry (Terry) Brigham

lowering klr650

Post by Henry (Terry) Brigham » Mon Oct 23, 2000 11:35 am

Hi Dennis. Thought I should tell you, the shock has been sold. Thanks anyhow. Good luck with the warranty question. Terry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Henry (Terry) Brigham" To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com>; Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2000 7:46 PM Subject: Lowering KLR650 > Hi Dennis. I have a brand new SHORT progressive shock assembly. this is > the shock assy. that Progressive makes for the US Marine's model. It lowers > the riding position by an inch. It is fully adjustable for internal valving > as well as spring height. I bought it to lower my KLR650 since I am an old > fart who has a hard time swinging my right leg up and over the stock seat. > At the same time I also ordered a Corbin seat. Well the seat finally arrived > and that is all I need now. The Progressive shock has maybe 20mi on it and > is essentially new. I paid $420. for it and will sell it for 1/2 of that. > You pay the UPS. If interested, give me a holler. Yours, Terry Brigham. > Rockport, Texas. 361-7293562 >

j-bike@webtv.net

lowering klr650

Post by j-bike@webtv.net » Tue Oct 24, 2000 10:32 am

Dennis, I got some lowering links from Don Beck in WA. He makes different lengths and very reasonble. I'm very satisfied with mine! Check the archives under - lowering links, he should be there. Jay

Demaree Kolovzon

riding t-minus 2 weeks (almost nklr), q for tx riders

Post by Demaree Kolovzon » Tue Oct 24, 2000 1:29 pm

Ok, Update on my situation (you might not care, but I gotta brag to someone): Last weekend, Took motorcycle training course, learned to ride, loved every second on the bike. Want to go faster, farther, longer, and harder. Yesterday, went to local DPS, took the dippy computer test, passed, got back a sliced old liscense and a new temporary. Next paycheck, I shall put a downpayment on a brand new, spotless, king-of-all-the-trails-it-shall-soon-survey, KLR 650. Maybe I'm making it out to be a little better than it is, but who cares. Now then, I need to buy some decent black riding boots that look good in the office, a riding outfit that I can wear over my work slacks, a rain suit(perhaps to go over the riding suit?), a new helmet (black), and a bumper sticker to put somewhere visible that says "Born to F*** you up". So, all I need to find is a good local motorcycle accessory shop and I'll be set. Anyone happen to know of any good ones in the DFW area? Thanks DXK