electrical help/grip heater installation

DSN_KLR650
hlaurin@netcom.ca

klr650 jetting

Post by hlaurin@netcom.ca » Tue Oct 17, 2000 5:54 pm

I have recently purchased a 1999 klr650A with 3800km. I have not ridden the bike yet, but while servicing I find the air filter to be somewhat lacking . K&N filter does not list a filter and jetting kit for this year and model.I have read a lot of e-mail praising K&N filters and kits, and I wonder if anyone can recommend wether this year and model could benefit from and after market kit?

Mark Weaver

klr650 jetting

Post by Mark Weaver » Tue Oct 17, 2000 6:04 pm

probably depends what you want to do with it. i end up cleaning my foam air filter pretty frequently, probably 10-12 times in the last 10 months. every time it was pretty dirty (i ride alot, and it's dusty in california in the winter). from what i understand, the k & n filter is a pain to clean, so i never considered one. i did get a jet kit tho, and i'm quite happy with it. lots of listers use them, but i suspect they spend less time in dusty offroad situations than i do. so read all the responses you get, then think about them a little and see how they apply to your situation. -mark weaver
> -----Original Message----- > From: hlaurin@... [mailto:hlaurin@...] > Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 3:54 PM > To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] klr650 jetting > > > I have recently purchased a 1999 klr650A with 3800km. I have not > ridden the bike yet, but while servicing I find the air filter to be > somewhat lacking . K&N filter does not list a filter and jetting kit > for this year and model.I have read a lot of e-mail praising K&N > filters and kits, and I wonder if anyone can recommend wether this > year and model could benefit from and after market kit? > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > >

BCSavWill@cs.com

klr650 jetting

Post by BCSavWill@cs.com » Tue Oct 17, 2000 6:45 pm

Hi, I ride in VERY dusty conditions off road, it's like a red fog at times. The K&N performs a lot better than stock, does nor require cleaning so much (acording to K&N) it like some dust on it, I have never suffered a perfornance loss, or richening mixture. It is easy to clean, and will outlast a box full of stock filters (recomended by Kawasaki to change every 5 cleanings). I use K&N cleaner and oil but have only done it once in 500miles of dust dirt (dry Hawaiin ice). I also run without the air box door fitted. There has never been a trace of dust the carb side of the filter. K&N do a filter and jet kit(dyno Jet), part no from web site, sorry forgotten the address, they also have a good carb information too. Regards, Brian A14 D19

Dana E Hager

electrical help/grip heater installation

Post by Dana E Hager » Tue Oct 17, 2000 9:43 pm

Check out www.hotgrips.com , they have schematics for hooking up heaters. Looking there would be easier than trying to explain it. Dana