thanks........

DSN_KLR650
Istvan Sz

nklr trip report - from twin falls (id)

Post by Istvan Sz » Sat Oct 07, 2000 7:31 pm

Hi Everybody! I met a KLR rider in front of the Twin Falls library. The rate was 3$/15min at the library, so I passed. He offered me unlimited e-mail for free. He's a computer geek and musician, too. I left in a snow storm from Calgary, and ever since I'm pushing hard south to get out of the cold. Today was the first time I started to peal off some clothes. I hope you're doing all right. There are tons of things to see here, but it's very expensive, even the gas has gone up! Bike is running fine. I just discovered some missing bolts and a non-functioning headlight. I got to fix it! I had a fall on ice at only 70 km/hr (I just slowed down from my ususal 110), so I had a chance to crash test the riding gear and the boxes and the Canyon bags. They worked great! I got only two bruises on my elbows, but I'm fine. Don't tell my parents, please. At the US border they treated me like a criminal, they took the luggages apparat, checked everything. Spent there about 2.5 hours! and meantime the snow was just getting deeper. What can I expect on the Central American border crossings if American treat a Canadian this way? I'll be in the desert for a while, most likely you won't hear from me for about a week. Then I'm heading towards California and San Francisco. I don't want to intrude for too long, so I keep my first report very short. I appologize for that. I wish you all the best. Cheers, istvan _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com

Mark McCoy

thanks........

Post by Mark McCoy » Sun Oct 08, 2000 8:31 am

Jim: You work on a riverboat, any chance in southern Indiana? I live nearby in Dayton, OH and there are a few other on the list in the area. Mark McCoy