good riding gear

DSN_KLR650
vernon roberts

klr650 vs. klx650c

Post by vernon roberts » Thu Sep 28, 2000 11:15 am

I recently ran across a '94 KLX650C for sale not far from the home and just had to try it out. It was a clean 2,600 mile bike and felt "right". Needless to say I had to bring it home and move the Yamaha SR500 and XT350 aside in the garage to make room. Since then I have found through this link the KLR650 is far more popular than the dual sport version of the KLX. Before I get too attached to the KLX650C, which I will use for general purpose back road fun, does the KLR650 offer so much more that I should consider that the next step?? Other than fuel capacity, what are the objective pros and cons of each model?? Any weaknesses in the '94 era KLX's to be aware of?? Any thoughts appreciated!! Vernon Roberts Northern Virginia

Karl Raupp

klr650 vs. klx650c

Post by Karl Raupp » Thu Sep 28, 2000 11:48 am

> Other than fuel capacity, what are the objective pros and cons of > each model?? Any weaknesses in the '94 era KLX's to be aware of?? > > Any thoughts appreciated!!
I don;t know too much about the KLX but what I do know I saw at the Pennsylvania get together earlier this year. It is a much better off road steed than the KLR. More ground clearance, lighter weight, better braking, etc... I think I may have heard talk that the forks are stronger and the suspension is of better quality - someone correct me if I'm wrong. The downside is that the engine has an oil tube that is known to crack or break. Others will answer that one better than I could, but it seems a simple fix so don't get worried about it. If I had a chance to scoop one up, I'd jump on it. There has been one for sale here in my parts this summer, but the guy wanted way too much for it. Cest la vie. TTYL Karl

BCSavWill@cs.com

klr650 vs. klx650c

Post by BCSavWill@cs.com » Thu Sep 28, 2000 1:40 pm

Hi, If I could find a good KLX I would buy one for it's better off road ability. (brakes, forks). More after market support too. Trouble is shipping one to Hawaii. A sales man at Cycle City (Kawasaki dealers) has one and unless he needs to carry it (some trails here are like that) he prefers it to his KX. Regards, Brian A14 D17

Kurt Simpson

klr650 vs. klx650c

Post by Kurt Simpson » Fri Sep 29, 2000 7:11 pm

Vernon...are you on the KLX list?

Tumu Rock

good riding gear

Post by Tumu Rock » Sun Oct 01, 2000 2:55 am

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:33:17 -0000, D.J. Rogers wrote: Try checking out Teknic Gear. I have the Mach One Jacket and Sprint II pants. Great stuff, well armoured, waterproof, breathable. Cheaper (in price only) than Aerostitch. Just a bit more expensive than Joe Rocket stuff, so very affordable as this stuff goes. I've put mine through the washer a couple of times with no probs and consider that a plus. >>>>>>>> Yo, D.J. What's the dilly with the Sprint II pants versus the Stinger Pant? I like the add'l armor that cames with the Sprint II but I can't tell what the bottom of the pant looks like cuz the photographer decided it was a good idea to tuck 'em in the boots. Are they a similar cut? Do they have the stirrups too? The stinger also sounds a little more lightweight... Thanks, dat brooklyn bum _______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html