withrop ride

DSN_KLR650
Seiler, Kevin

moose bash plate question

Post by Seiler, Kevin » Mon Sep 25, 2000 4:13 pm

I've recently installed a Moose bash plate to my A3. I notice that the plate seems to cover the balance chain adjuster area. I plan to cut a section out that roughly approximates the size of the holes that cover the rest of the bash plate. This should I was curious if those of you that have the Moose bash plate have similarly modified your machines, or have you found a way to adjust your balancer chain that allows you to get a driver in there behind the bash plate. Kev

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Mon Sep 25, 2000 5:45 pm

> I was curious if those of you that have the Moose bash plate have similarly > modified your machines, or have you found a way to adjust your balancer > chain that allows you to get a driver in there behind the bash plate. > > Kev
Kevin, both my plate and my KLR are long gone...but yes, I was able to get at it without any mods... Kurt

Stuart Heaslet

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Tue Sep 26, 2000 7:00 am

At 02:13 PM 9/25/00 -0700, Seiler, Kevin wrote:
>I was curious if those of you that have the Moose bash plate have similarly >modified your machines, or have you found a way to adjust your balancer >chain that allows you to get a driver in there behind the bash plate.
I carved a notch in the Moose to accomodate a driver. When the plate is mashed flat to the underside and front of the frame, there was no way to get access to the adjusting bolt. But based on what Kurt said, I wonder if Moose has had different dimensions on various bash plates. Stuart

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Tue Sep 26, 2000 8:28 am

> I carved a notch in the Moose to accomodate a driver. When the plate is > mashed flat to the underside and front of the frame, there was no way to > get access to the adjusting bolt. But based on what Kurt said, I wonder if > Moose has had different dimensions on various bash plates. > > Stuart
this could be...BTW, the moose and msr are made by a company here in Salt Lake City... Kurt

Seiler, Kevin

Post by Seiler, Kevin » Tue Sep 26, 2000 12:09 pm

Thanks to all the folks that answered my question. Well, I solved the conundrum last night. I got a sheet of paper and traced out the shape of one of the holes in the skid plate. I then cut out the hole and used the sheet of paper with the hole as a template to draw a circle in the area where the plate interferes with the balancer adjuster. Then I filed and hacksawed it to suit. Looks great- almost like it came from the factory like that. Kev -----Original Message----- From: Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)
> I carved a notch in the Moose to accomodate a driver. When the plate is > mashed flat to the underside and front of the frame, there was no way to > get access to the adjusting bolt. But based on what Kurt said, I wonder if > Moose has had different dimensions on various bash plates. > > Stuart
this could be...BTW, the moose and msr are made by a company here in Salt Lake City... Kurt

William Whalen

withrop ride

Post by William Whalen » Tue Sep 26, 2000 2:35 pm

Ric, How I envy you, My dad lives in Omak, Wash. which is not far from Winthrop. The last time I visited him I borrowed a XR-600 and rode all over that area. Bill Whalen Central Florida 92 KLR-650 A6 _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com