gannaraska

DSN_KLR650
John Hubbard

gannaraska

Post by John Hubbard » Thu Sep 21, 2000 2:35 pm

Hey!

I would love to try the Ganni for a ride when I have some free time, probably one day next week on my own but was looking for some info and yes I know some of this has been covered off before, sorry if it is repetitive.

- where do I get a "pass" to ride there?

- are there maps available and if so where?

- how do you get to it other than going north on 35/115 from the 401?

- is there a novice trail like skiing, green is for beginners and black for pro's etc.?

Thanks

John H
KLR

Bob Palin

sticky throttle cable

Post by Bob Palin » Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:34 pm

I have a 98 KLR650 (10K miles) which has developed a sticky throttle in mildly cool weather (60F or less) This occurred after a day in the dirt but i can't see anything physically impeding the cable or any particularily dirty places. It doesn't matter what the engine temperature is which suggests to me that the problem lies at an end of the cable. I previously put 24K on a 91 KLR650 in the worst conditions I could find, mud, dust, sand, rain, snow and never had any problem at all. I've never lubed the cables and thought it wasn't necessary due to my previous KLR experience. Any ideas? Bob Palin

Scherer, Michael

sticky throttle cable

Post by Scherer, Michael » Thu Sep 21, 2000 4:24 pm

Bob, I would replace the cable. Biker Mike (keeping it simple) Subject: [DSN_klr650] Sticky throttle cable I have a 98 KLR650 (10K miles) which has developed a sticky throttle Any ideas? Bob Palin