roads for klr near nyc

DSN_KLR650
Errett, Brian S

crap - got ticketed

Post by Errett, Brian S » Wed Aug 30, 2000 11:53 am

Re: NKLR: dirt riding gloves? Well, first ticket on the bike - We have this canyon area which (when an accident occurs) backs up forever - and there is no other way to get though except 66 (backs up forever also with the spillover) - so there I am sitting in the stop and go parking lot which is the interstate when a guy in the middle lane (I'm in the left lane) - 3 lane intersate... decided that he saw an opening to cross the median -( I was in that opening) and he pulls right into me (fortunately I scooted up next to the car in front of me in time) - next, a guy behind just pulls forward into me (also dodged that one) - so I figure _jeez_ another hour of this I'm going to get killed never mind the hand cramps from working the clutch for 30 minutes - so out into the median and onto the eastbound interstate - dozens of cagers also had the same idea. Well, a sherrif 10 cars behind decided that he just had to get that rebel motorcycle and pulls me over - while hes writing the ticket there must be 20 some cagers crossing and I said "well, what about them" - he says "they're not my problem, you're my problem" - great.   $53.00 ticket  - So I'm taking this one to court - I was crossing the median to avoid getting killed...     Ever feel you've been singled out from cagers by the cops?   -Brian A14 Tijeras, NM

bill e goat

crap - got ticketed

Post by bill e goat » Wed Aug 30, 2000 12:47 pm

> while were talking about this, does anyone else here > feel that motorcyclists have the right to move to the > front of the line of a red light, when all the cars > are stopped and there is more then one lane? i do this > often. my reasoning is that when the light turns > green, you can accellerate out infront of all the > traffic and be in relatively clear section of the > road, where as if you waited in line, youd be stuck in > the middle of heavy traffic when the line starts > moving. also, if you do this, you really arnt taking > up the space that a car would take up and in a small > way, reducing the ammount of traffic for others... > ive heard that this is legal in most states but ive > also head the opposite. does anyone know about this?
I do this all the time if there are more than one lane, so that I can lane-split. I have had cops try to write me for it, one time. He was in the wrong, and was trying to make up the rules as he went along (some people don't feel the need to play fair). I pointed that out to him and he went away. However, if it is a single lane and you pull around the cars to the right, you can be ticketed (passing on the right; driving in the emergency lane) and if you do it on the left I don't know what the ticket might be but if a cop sees you do that one you should be expecting some form of citation. PS I am in California, land of lane splitting, and also lots of fruits and nuts.

bill e goat

crap - got ticketed

Post by bill e goat » Wed Aug 30, 2000 1:40 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "kevin johnson" wrote:
> I take exception to your statement, "cop & dickhead are one in the
same." I have been a police officer for the past 20 years and have been riding motorcycles for 30 years. I would agree that there is a general bias by officers against motorcyclist (especially sport bike riders) however there are officers who ride motorcyclist and would go out of their way to help a fellow rider. I recently had a fellow officer lay his life down in the line of duty for me and other officers. I would hardly consider him, or tell his wife and children that he was a "dickhead." I try to maintain a thick skin and not be overly sensitive to many issues but I believe your universal statement went to far. thanks, Kevin, that post simply showed too much "attitude" and not enough fact or other merit.

bigmotomama@aol.com

crap - got ticketed

Post by bigmotomama@aol.com » Wed Aug 30, 2000 2:26 pm

Brian, Sorry 'bout the green stamp you got. As for the cop that got you, all I can say is that that this is with law enforcement. They are usually power hungry males who enjoy picking on us. Hope you beat that in court. Motomamma
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Errett, Brian S" wrote: > Well, first ticket on the bike - while hes writing the ticket there must be 20 > some cagers crossing and I said "well, what about them" - he says "they're > not my problem, you're my problem" - great. $53.00 ticket - So I'm taking > this one to court - I was crossing the median to avoid getting killed... > > Ever feel you've been singled out from cagers by the cops? > > -Brian > A14 Tijeras, NM

bill e goat

crap - got ticketed

Post by bill e goat » Wed Aug 30, 2000 2:55 pm

> I will fill everyone in on what this pig tries to do to me for
posting email
> because I can assure you he will try something. > Go ahead! > > > -Brian Shepard > PHILADELPHIA PA > A13 (unsubbing for good)
How many ways can you say "GOOD RIDDANCE"?

LawsonCL@aol.com

crap - got ticketed

Post by LawsonCL@aol.com » Wed Aug 30, 2000 3:19 pm

Hot damn--a good, old-fashioned interstate, Internet pissing contest. And it's not even winter, yet. How about you two settle your differences face to face, man to man, in a location that's convenient for everybody on the list attend? Let's see, here, we're lookin' at participant residences in Philly and Tulsa. Okay, here's the best site for the showdown: three miles east and two miles south of Kiowa, Colorado, at noon on Sept. 30, 2000. Well, gents, do we have an event? Chris Lawson shepard@... writes:
> Well, you're a dickhead. Never met a cop who wasn't. What does anyone's wife > and children have to do with it? Why do you bring up woman & children? > Because you're a dickhead. Take the exception and shove it up your ass!
This
> is America and if you don't like it, tough shit! So you say my statement > went too far? Well what are you going to do about it? Are you threatening > me? Cause if you are, please, come to papa. > > I will fill everyone in on what this pig tries to do to me for posting
email
> because I can assure you he will try something. > Go ahead! > > > -Brian Shepard > PHILADELPHIA PA > A13 (unsubbing for good) > > > -----Original Message----- > From: kevin johnson [mailto:kjohnson@...] > Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 2:20 PM > To: 'Jim Cunningham'; 'Errett, Brian S'; DSN_klr650@egroups.com; > Shepard,Brian > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Crap - got ticketed > > > I take exception to your statement, "cop & dickhead are one in the same."
I
> have been a police officer for the past 20 years and have been riding > motorcycles for 30 years. I would agree that there is a general bias by > officers against motorcyclist (especially sport bike riders) however there > are officers who ride motorcyclist and would go out of their way to help a > fellow rider. I recently had a fellow officer lay his life down in the
line
> of duty for me and other officers. I would hardly consider him, or tell
his
> wife and children that he was a "dickhead." I try to maintain a thick
skin
> and not be overly sensitive to many issues but I believe your universal > statement went to far. > > Kevin Johnson > Tulsa PD >

LawsonCL@aol.com

crap - got ticketed

Post by LawsonCL@aol.com » Wed Aug 30, 2000 5:04 pm

Howard, "Fight Club" on wheels. It sings to me, baby. I'll write up the treatment and get it off to my agent. -Chris Howard Shultz, a known perpetrator of indelicate activities, writes:
> See you there at noon. If no one shows up I will kick Chris' ass as he has > been designated proxy.
----------------- Here's the long version for those who came in late: Chris, September 30th, sounds good to me. The First Annual Dickhead Get Together. Moab and now Kiowa, our social calendar has just doubled. See you there at noon. If no one shows up I will kick Chris' ass as he has been designated proxy. LawsonCL@... wrote:
> > > Hot damn--a good, old-fashioned interstate, Internet pissing contest. And > it's not even winter, yet. > > How about you two settle your differences face to face, man to man, in a > location that's convenient for everybody on the list attend? > > Let's see, here, we're lookin' at participant residences in Philly and
Tulsa.
> Okay, here's the best site for the showdown: three miles east and two miles > south of Kiowa, Colorado, at noon on Sept. 30, 2000. > > Well, gents, do we have an event? > > Chris Lawson > > shepard@... writes: > > > Well, you're a dickhead. Never met a cop who wasn't. What does anyone's
wife
> > and children have to do with it? Why do you bring up woman & children? > > Because you're a dickhead. Take the exception and shove it up your ass! > This > > is America and if you don't like it, tough shit! So you say my statement > > went too far? Well what are you going to do about it? Are you threatening > > me? Cause if you are, please, come to papa. > > > > I will fill everyone in on what this pig tries to do to me for posting > email > > because I can assure you he will try something. > > Go ahead! > > > > > > -Brian Shepard > > PHILADELPHIA PA > > A13 (unsubbing for good)

Paul Kneisl

roads for klr near nyc

Post by Paul Kneisl » Wed Sep 06, 2000 11:11 pm

Get a map of South Jersey and find the town of Atsion. Its near Chatsworth and north and west of Atlantic city. There are all kinds of fire roads in this area...perfect for the KLR. You can figure out where they are and where they go...just watch out for the one with a big hole in it that when flooded swallowed me and my XL250 whole about twenty years ago.(I may still be in there) Paul Kneisl Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:15:05 -0000
> From: "Terry Schmidt" > Subject: Suggestions for DS Roads in NYC Area? > > Does anyone have any suggestions for Dual Sport Roads/Trails in area > surrounding New York City Area? Other than NY state, possible areas > include New Jersey, Connecticut, Eastern Pennsylvania. > > I've been riding my KLR650 for 6 months now (street riding for 5 > years) and am looking to enhance my off-road riding skills, and would > categorize myself as an extreme beginner with a willingness to learn > and fall. > > Thanks, > > Terry >
_______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html