[dsn_klr650] new purchase nklr

DSN_KLR650
Jim & Shannon Morehead

[dsn_klr650] new purchase

Post by Jim & Shannon Morehead » Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:18 pm

Hi Ron, That's why I bought my slightly used A13. I hated the olive drab of the A14 and had no hope of a better color scheme for 2001. You seem to have gotten a good buy on your A15 and I sure hope you enjoy your new KLR. Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron " To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2000 8:07 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: New Purchase > I bought my A15 Aug. 3 for $4599. The dealer said he was making > about $200 on the sale. I tend to believe this. > I too am envious of you lucky listers who own the '98-'99 blue > KLR's. In my opinion the green/silver is ugly but everyone who has > looked at my bike says they like it a lot! > Ron > > --- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, swiftbow@u... wrote: > I really liked the '99's color scheme, wish they where offering > > something comparable. > > > > I would like to ask the members of this newsgroup if they have any > > advice on how to attain the best deal on a new purchase. I have > > started negotiations with the local Kawi dealer but have found that > > they are pretty firm on the MSRP. Anyway, if any of you have any > > advice - I'd sure appreciate it! > > > > Thanks, > > > > Doug > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >

Harry Thames

Post by Harry Thames » Sun Sep 03, 2000 9:32 pm

I'm getting a little offended that you KORGS, BORGs, and FNGs don't like the color of my motorcycle! A-14/O D Green. Harry Thames South Carolina

LawsonCL@aol.com

Post by LawsonCL@aol.com » Sun Sep 03, 2000 10:41 pm

rcoker2882@... writes:
> bought my A15 Aug. 3 for $4599. The dealer said he was making > about $200 on the sale. I tend to believe this.
I don't. When the price warrring begins next March, A15s will be selling for about $4,300.00 in Denver. Chris Lawson

Charles

Post by Charles » Sun Sep 03, 2000 11:53 pm

Nobody has mentioned where they are from and I think prices can very greatly in deferent parts of the country. I live in Western WA. and plan on buying my KLR650 next spring. I got two prices so far. $5200 and $5700 both are out the door. The $5200 price is from a dealer that I have bought two new bikes from and more than likely where I'll get the KLR. Charles

Denzfeat@aol.com

Post by Denzfeat@aol.com » Mon Sep 04, 2000 6:59 am

<< The $5200 price is from a dealer that I have bought two new bikes from and more than likely where I'll get the KLR. >> In that case, the dealer is screwing you. Shopping around elsewhere in the country could save you up to $850. My own dealer in Berkeley Springs, WV, is selling 'em for $4400, no prep or freight charges added. Pete the Streak

Doug Ware

Post by Doug Ware » Mon Sep 04, 2000 9:56 am

I really appreciate all the responses. As far as the area of the country - I'm in Santa Fe. I plan to make a run to Albuquerque to see if I can get a better deal. I prefer to keep my business local to support my community; however, unless the KLR has become REALLY popular recently and demand is exceeding the supply - I just feel that being firm on a full MSRP is just a little unreasonable? BTW, they are telling me this is $4999 (is that true on the 2001 - The latest Motorcyclist has it listed at $4899 but maybe that is a 2000?). I also don't understand this firm stance in the sense that I would be buying all my accessories and performing all my maintenance procedures at their shop. This is where I thought real profits were achieved? One thought maybe because it is Santa Fe. New Mexico is the poorest state in the union but Santa Fe is a bit of an anomaly as there are many monetary effluents here of which I am a distinct non-member. Anyway, the dance isn't finished - I told them I had to do some thinking and figure out finances - so maybe they will agree to come down some? Those of you that mentioned you got the price dropped to the $4500's - how did you do it? What did you say or do with the dealer to get them to go that low? I also appreciate the advice on looking at used - I may yet go that route but I have never bought a bike new before and feel that I would like to get a brand spanking new one with full warranty, perform the break-in myself and cry at my first scratch and dent, especially as I haven't had any kind of bike for soooo long. However, if the price is going to be firm and I really do like the colors on the '99 - maybe I better give it some more thought! Harry - Sorry, didn't mean to be slamming your bike! I just couldn't see myself on that bike as the color scheme gave me the distinct feeling that I would need a gun rack and be compelled to salute anyone in uniform. The 2001 is a little better in my opinion but I know that is why they make chocolate and vanilla because everyone has different likes and dislikes. I have a friend that just can't stand yellow but I just love a yellow Ducati; however, my friend just cringes. BTW, what is a KORGS, BORGs, and FNGs - Star Trek terms . Thanks again, Doug

Harry Thames

[dsn_klr650] new purchase nklr

Post by Harry Thames » Mon Sep 04, 2000 10:44 am

Doug, just kidding about being offended (according to political correctness you can't offend a white Southerner). KORG and BORG are a couple of names for the KLR List riders. FNG is a military name for new members. I would have gotten a KLR in any color (the OD green doesn't show scratches and dents as much as the "look at me" colors). I'll bet the reason I only paid $4200 for my KLR is because it is so ugly. My red GoldWing only cost a couple of hundred more than a black one so you may be getting ripped off by the dealer just for the pretty paint. Now is a good time to start shopping for crash protection: hand guards, skid plates, radiator guards, etc... The dealer might be tempted into throwing in a few extras at cost. Harry Thames South Carolina