[dsn_klr650] 2001 klr

DSN_KLR650
valcomau@yahoo.com

2up info please

Post by valcomau@yahoo.com » Sat Aug 26, 2000 9:05 am

Hi everybody. I'm not a current klr owner and am new to the list. My name is Valmond Comeau (everyone calls me Val) and i currently live in Montreal Canada. I am looking for a motorcycle that will take my girlfriend and i across the country and back using all secondary roads with the occasional freeway stint. I've been looking through the archives of this site but haven't seen anything but negative thoughts on 2up riding with the klr650. Does anybody have any good stories and info for double up riding on this bike? I've actually ridden a friends a couple of years ago and liked it. He no longer owns it but still swears by it. My girlfriend and i aren't in a rush to do the trip( speed wise i mean) so super power isn't necessary. I'm only 5`8 @160 lbs and my girlfriend is only 5`2 @ 115 so we don't take a lot of room. I like the idea of the klr because of it's value and reliability record. Not to mention the price of motorcycles in the used bike market here is UNBELIEVABLE! (way too much money). I'm sorry if this type of question has been dealt with extensively on this site before, but like i said, i didn't see any responses of people who did it and thought it was ok. Any feedback is appreciated.. ps: Getting this type of bike would also let me explore those fire roads i drive by, wondering where they go! I love doing that. Val.

BCDIRECT@enetis.net

2up info please

Post by BCDIRECT@enetis.net » Sun Aug 27, 2000 12:50 am

My wife and I 2-up the forest roads and 4 wheel drive trails through the Black Hills of South Dakota. The bike has plenty of power to do it. Long trips may prove uncomfortable. Lots of stops are in order. I would recommend you become very comfortable 1 up after buying you bike before you do 2 up. Baby steps if you will. It OK to wipe out by yourself but not OK with the better half on board. Chain tension is another thing to watch out for. However, it your chain is adjusted correctly for one up, it will be ok for 2 up. If it is close to being tight for one up, you will do damge when you go 2-up. We also love shooting down dirt roads to see where they go. Often nowhere, other times wonderful views of the hills that only few get to see. The few, the proud, the KORGS! Barry A-7
> ps: Getting this type of bike would also let me explore those fire > roads i drive by, wondering where they go! I love doing that. > > Val.

garth.bench@Verizon.com

[dsn_klr650] 2001 klr

Post by garth.bench@Verizon.com » Mon Aug 28, 2000 6:09 am

I have 250 miles on mine and it appears to be solid and much like the prior models. I'll keep you posted. Thanks, Garth No not Brooks Bench - Marion OH ---------- Original Text ---------- From: , on 8/27/00 9:37 AM: Has anyone experienced or heard of any specific problems with the 2001 KLR. Does it differ from the earlier models in any positive or negative ways? Dan Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com