stanley stomp ride report - part two of a series - nklr

DSN_KLR650
Shepard,Brian

[dsn_klr650] sturgis and trailers nklr

Post by Shepard,Brian » Wed Aug 16, 2000 7:50 am

It's all smoke & mirrors. Truly great people never get the credit they deserve. It's always been like that. However, truly great people recognize each other. Being dualsport people, we know we're unique, creative, intelligent, and just plain bad to the bone. These are rare qualities shared by the few, the proud, the men & women of dualsport motorcycling. -Brian Shepard A13 -----Original Message----- From: BCDIRECT@... [mailto:BCDIRECT@...] Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 12:20 AM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Sturgis and Trailers nklr
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Steve McCord wrote: I don't get it..............!? (Sturgis Rally) I've lived through 5 rallys so far (18 miles from Sturgis) and I don't get it either. Every year more and more trailered Hogs. They come here to be someone they are not where they live. Unlike us Dual Sport guys. We are who we are and we don't need a chromed out bike to proof we bad. We just bad! Barry A-7 Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

dan shaw

Post by dan shaw » Wed Aug 16, 2000 8:15 am

speaking of harly rallies, i was at one up in the town of st victor in saskatchawan canada this summer. it was when i was riding the klr back from seatlle. it was a smaller rally, about 1000 people mostly locals. this rally was pretty hard core. most of the bikes there were harleys...99% were cruisers. about half were old and not to nice looking, but most of these guys were real bikers. you could just tell by the tattoos, missing teeth, lack of trailers, worn in leathers and gruff voices that these guys were pretty damn tough. my friend and i were the only dual sport riders there and at first we were quite intimidated, but after they learned of our cross country journy we were the stars of the show and were not allowed to walk around without beer a in hand... dan __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/

Ye Wilde Ryder

Post by Ye Wilde Ryder » Wed Aug 16, 2000 12:24 pm

>but after they learned of our cross country journy we were the stars >of the show and were not allowed to walk around without beer a in >hand...
what about beer b? were you expected to hold only beer a @ all times, & ignore beer b? expiring minds... gears, ye wilde ryder -- wallace@... 99 zx-9r "blue bayou" 98 vtr-1000f "stormy" zwallace@... 86 cr-250 "dirt devil" 00 sv-650 "zipper" "& you were using your friends as a berm." -- RP 83 v65 magna "nasty" FoJ#002...AMA#456832...JHLO#002...COP#000...CCS#SW969...Support the RKBA

willy t wanker

stanley stomp ride report - part two of a series - nklr

Post by willy t wanker » Thu Aug 17, 2000 9:43 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Russell Scott wrote:
> Backroad Bill, great ride report. I sure hope you can attend the
Cal Posse
> Summer Roundup. We need a good journalist along who can write a
trip
> report, assuming you would be interested in writing one.
I would love to take on the job; however, I in my daytime capacity as a project manager need to attend a Planning Commission meeting on the 24th, and it is with great regret that I am not able to attend. Believe me, I would much rather go riding in the Sierra.