(nklr) as soon as i send my last post off...

DSN_KLR650
Dash Weeks

intermittent starter

Post by Dash Weeks » Mon Jul 24, 2000 6:01 pm

Greetings Borg, I've been really busy riding, hopefully this week I'll compile a short report of my travels. I also installed The Big Cee Studio's Shark Fin... Review to come... Here's why I really posted. My starter is only working on a lottery basis and I don't seem to have the winning number very often. Cables are tight. Press button and Solenoid Clicks but doesn't kick over the starter motor. I figured that the brushes need cleaning/replacing. Stats.. A2, 32K miles, hasn't bathed since the re-birth. This actually started a few weeks ago but I didn't trouble shoot it then, now I wanna get it fixed. Anyone have similar problems? Oh yeah when I do have the winning number it works fine. I just need to either stand there and push the button a couple of dozen times while speaking sweet nothings and hold my tongue just right or I need to bump it. I've got this bump starting thing down though. Get it in forth, turn on key, pull in clutch and start to jog, kick the dog chasing you and release the clutch, give it a bit of the go juice and pull in the clutch real quick again.... Thump Thump Thump Takes only about 25 feet, cept for the mornings. This morning took me about 250 feet, but then I went home for lunch and the starter worked for me. Planning on tearing it down this weekend to clean it but if you have knowledge of parts required etc. please let me know so that I can get them ordered soon. Learned this weekend that I need to install my headlight kill switch. My battery cannot handle the trails with my headlight on. I had to bump it for two reasons this whole weekend. Miles and miles of smiles though so I'm not really complaining. LaterZ Dash

Gary Ott

(nklr) as soon as i send my last post off...

Post by Gary Ott » Tue Jul 25, 2000 12:41 am

I'm sure we are all rooting for your Bazillion dollar win Chris! 8-) I, for one, agree. This is a Stellar list. Awes me every day. Well, enough said-I'm goin' to bed---- Gary Ott
> I'm on a few different maillists for a few different subjects, and I > must say that this list is the most helpful in terms of just plain
being
> helpful! If I win the dang powerball for a bazillion dollars, I'm
gonna
> put on a KLR list bash just so I can meet all the people who so
freely
> help with any problem a listmember might need help with. > > Good night, and God bless each and every one of ya! > Chris Astier