[dsn_klr650] broke down on side of road

DSN_KLR650
KLR650@webtv.net

[dsn_klr650] nklr: night vision goggles

Post by KLR650@webtv.net » Sun Jul 23, 2000 7:22 pm

Brian, Night Vision devices of the type you are looking at only work in total darkness. If somebody turned on a light source in the area where you're viewing, it would be magnified 100,000 times and your would be momentarily blinded by the brightness. They also have a very limited field of view. Conall A4 KLR650 Skyhawk

CrazyDave

[dsn_klr650] nklr: night vision goggles

Post by CrazyDave » Mon Jul 24, 2000 5:23 am

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 17:22:17 -0700 (PDT), KLR650@... wrote:
> Brian, > > Night Vision devices of the type you are looking at only work in total > darkness. If somebody turned on a light source in the area where you're > viewing, it would be magnified 100,000 times and your would be > momentarily blinded by the brightness. They also have a very limited > field of view. > > Conall > A4 KLR650 Skyhawk >
I believe there are also issues with depth of field perception. crazydave _______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

Kurt Simpson

[dsn_klr650] broke down on side of road

Post by Kurt Simpson » Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:42 am

> The best thing to do when buying a used bike is to have a > full tune-up done, unless the previous owner 'proves' that > a recent tune-up was done. At 7600 miles, you're due for a > valve adjustment.
I agree Jim. Of course, I think the very best thing is to do it yourself. I don't recall every buying a new or used bike that in the process of cleaning, detailing, tightening I haven't found something amiss. Yesterday, I was going through my son's XT225 with less than 2,000 miles. I was nearly through and said to myself, "this may be the first time I don't find anthing." Just then I brushed against the plastic brake disc protector and noticed it had slipped away from under a mounting clamp. I looked a little closer and found the speedometer cable misrouted and the tire rubbing against it in such a way that it was already worn through the rubber and starting to rub on the metal. For an older used bike I think "tune-up" ought to include a carb removal, teardown and cleaning. They always seem to have varnish and crud in them. Kurt