[dsn_klr650] (nklr) protect roadless forests monday! + swel

DSN_KLR650
wileyE_@excite.com

happy-trails fork brace, added suggestion

Post by wileyE_@excite.com » Thu Jul 13, 2000 11:50 pm

Can I suggest that whenever adding a fork brace you support the front of the bike and pull the fork springs out, make sure the forks stroke though their travel with no additional stiction. Check with the brace off and then put it on and compare the difference. You may need to loosen the triple clamps and/or axle to get things to work smoothly. Sometimes you never can get it right? I know this from (past) years of riding/racing bikes that absolutly had to have braces, installed my share of them. If the happy Trails guys did not include this in the instructions they should. Thanks for the product report, I may get one myself although I am considering thicker wall upper tubes out of my box of old Maico parts. cheers All I installed a Happy-trails fork brace today. The braking test explained
> above showed greater than an order of magnitude improvement!! The
two or
> three inches of twist at the handle bar end during the hard
braking, is now
> less than a quarter of an inch. The bike feels completely
different [to
> me], and I am eager to get it out on a good ride. I want to feel
how the
> high speed cornering is, and how the bike handles in various off-
road
> conditions. > > > > Kudos to Happy-trails for an essential [to me] upgrade. > > > Steve Anderson

wileyE_@excite.com

happy-trails fork brace, added suggestion

Post by wileyE_@excite.com » Thu Jul 13, 2000 11:53 pm

Can I suggest that whenever adding a fork brace you support the front of the bike and pull the fork springs out, make sure the forks stroke though their travel with no additional stiction. Check with the brace off and then put it on and compare the difference. You may need to loosen the triple clamps and/or axle to get things to work smoothly. Sometimes you never can get it right? I know this from (past) years of riding/racing bikes that absolutly had to have braces, installed my share of them. If the happy Trails guys did not include this in the instructions they should. Thanks for the product report, I may get one myself although I am considering thicker wall upper tubes out of my box of old Maico parts. cheers All I installed a Happy-trails fork brace today. The braking test explained
> above showed greater than an order of magnitude improvement!! The
two or
> three inches of twist at the handle bar end during the hard
braking, is now
> less than a quarter of an inch. The bike feels completely
different [to
> me], and I am eager to get it out on a good ride. I want to feel
how the
> high speed cornering is, and how the bike handles in various off-
road
> conditions. > > > > Kudos to Happy-trails for an essential [to me] upgrade. > > > Steve Anderson

ephilride@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] (nklr) protect roadless forests monday! + swel

Post by ephilride@aol.com » Fri Jul 14, 2000 9:32 pm

jazranch@... writes: >>
Ditto! Last day for comments is July 17, 2000. Speak now or don't complain when you have no place to ride. Knot