nklr: ims fuel tank

DSN_KLR650
98_Tiger

engine noise at an angle...

Post by 98_Tiger » Thu Jul 13, 2000 6:52 pm

I've noticed that when I lean my A9 over onto the kickstand side and the engine is idling, a really noticable knocking comes from the bottom end or around the starter motor - its hard to tell. It only really happens when the engine is warmed up. Before I pull out the tools and start stripping 'er down, anyone come across a lean-dependent engine knock? Thanks...

JSherlockHolmes@aol.com

nklr: ims fuel tank

Post by JSherlockHolmes@aol.com » Fri Jul 14, 2000 2:31 am

Hi Folks, As many of you know, I wrote a posting about the fit quality of the IMS tank that I received. I just heard from the IMS representative and they have offered to replace my tank at no cost. Plus, they are willing to allow me to use my current tank, until they run a new batch, about a month from now. Good customer service I say. I found out something interesting though. The military tank that they make has incorporated radiator/tank shrouds. Interesting. As we all know, one of the weakest links on the KLR offroad, is the tank shrouds. We are always breaking, cracking, or otherwise mutilating them. This practice of making the shrouds integrated with the tank has aroused my curiosity. I have asked the IMS rep. to send me a picture of this tank. I have also inquired as to whether, or not, this style will be offered in any color other than military green. Will let you know when I find out. But for those owners out there into the military green color, you might want to look into this tank with the integrated shrouds. Sounds like it might be a trick set up. Later Jim Sherlock