[dsn_klr650] nklr: question for cal posse

DSN_KLR650
Kevin Green

decal removal

Post by Kevin Green » Tue Jul 04, 2000 11:33 am

Hello, I removed the 650 decals a while back and was going to tackle the KLR splash. A recent posting stated that they are covered in clear coat. Is this a fact, cause if it is, I'll have to learn to live with it as it doesn't justify a repaint. Thanks, Kevin Green

Toby Lampson

[dsn_klr650] nklr: question for cal posse

Post by Toby Lampson » Wed Jul 05, 2000 6:08 pm

JSherlockHolmes@... wrote:
> Hey Cal Posse! This question is for the person, or persons, that did the > route planning for your trip to Moab. I followed a bit of your trip through > the pictures and accompanying text. Following your story, I noticed that you > managed to use a lot of back roads, gravel roads, and dirt roads to reach the > Moab destination. I would like to learn how you determined the route you > took. How did you find out about those dirt/gravel/back roads? Is there a > particular source of information that one can go to, to plan similar trips to > other locations, as well? I usually find my dirt roads by mistake. If I could > learn how to find these places before I get there, then I could plan some > excellent rides. > > Looking forward to learning something new. > > Jim Sherlock
Sherlock, There is no one 'way' to that which you seek..... No one can lead another upon the path of truth..... I like that you say you find most dirt roads 'by mistake'. People tend to under estimate the value of spontenaety on a ride. When someone tells you about a place, or you see it in pictures, you make a pre-conception of it don't you? And then when you get there its not the same is it? Its different, because when you get there your seeing things in presentness, and you find your pre-conception is now clouding your vision....don't you? The saying, 'its not the destination, but the journey that matters' is a good one. The minute you calculate 'a destination' there is a separation, a separation between where you are and where you imagine to be. But, the instant you sit on your motorcycle you're on the path, the path of Truth my friend........ maps are just lines on a page........ Slide {Sheriff-Cal Posse.......major routing/information presentation officer for Cal Posse Moab approach 2K)