high speed due to different oil and other problems...

DSN_KLR650
* DEKS

high speed due to different oil and other problems...

Post by * DEKS » Mon Jul 03, 2000 5:07 am

Hello list, After recently changing the oil to Total Sport SH 10W40 I experienced some strange changes. The mechanic who is the official Kawasaki dealer said that if I use the above mentioned oil ( or any other API SH graded oil), I will have problems. Some of them are overheating, hard start, less engine braking, more clutch wear and slipping, hard shifting, etc. So far the only changes are the engine is a bit louder and shifting is harder possibly because the new oil seems to have more viscosity. But on the highway my top speed now is 180km/h at 7500rpm instead of 165km/h at 6500rpm with a 15t standard sprocket, SUPER 98 (octane) fuel. Oil consumtion now is 3000 km/ 1 litre while before was 1000 km/ 1litre. My shift lever broke two times already and it was the shitty original one. No overheating, hard start ore more than usual clutch slipping occured (didn't inspect wear yet dough). Engine seems to run better. The official Kawasaki dealer/mechanic is saying I have to get back to SG or even SF graded oil meaning more oil consumption and less performance. He also said that if I continue to ride my clutch plates will melt. I am not a mechanic but I know SH, SG and SF are only quality grades. And my friend, a Honda mechanic says the Kawasaki dealer's story is bull... Did any of you have bad experiences with SH oil? I would like to continue with it cause it seems better and try to get a better shift lever. Does anyone know some better shift lever that can be ordered from Europe/paid by Mastercard and have it delivered in less than two weeks? If anyone can answer these two question please let me know... TIA Good riding, Deks, Croatia ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com