getting it up for tire changing...

DSN_KLR650
Mark Wilson

[dsn_klr650] newbie......everybody duck!!!

Post by Mark Wilson » Thu Jun 29, 2000 1:29 am

> Hey all, > > I've been lurking for a week or two. Thought I'd come out of hiding. > I tried replying to the group from my regular e-mail but apparently > they didn't get through. I've been using Usenet for years, Does this > sort of webbased NG only allow posting from the website?
You can post messages by sending email to DSN_klr650@egroups.com Mark Wilson http://www.geocities.com/motormark64/ http://www.angelfire.com/mo/motormark/ KLR-650 A-13 "warthogg" XR250R "superfly" Stone Mountain, Ga ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jeffrey L. Walker

Post by Jeffrey L. Walker » Thu Jun 29, 2000 2:13 am

> Hey all, > > I've been lurking for a week or two. Thought I'd come out of hiding. > I tried replying to the group from my regular e-mail but apparently > they didn't get through. I've been using Usenet for years, Does this > sort of webbased NG only allow posting from the website? >
Naw, subsribe to the email list. I think you'll find the flame fights here to be either non-existent, or very well manored compared to the usenet. Welcome!
> Anyway, on to bikes. I was out running around town monday on my A14, > pulled into a CompUSA and parked one space away from another A14 > (newer and shinier(sp?)than mine....nice)Had a gun holder mounted > onthe handle bars. I looked around but did'nt see anyone that I > thought looked like the owner. Was wondering if it was anyone in > here. > I was in Mont Lake Terrace, WA. Which is just north of Seattle. But > if > it's you, you already knew that. >
I hope you have a good rain suit! I used to ride daily between Tacoma and Seattle before I moved over here to Eastern Washington. I used to wear a FirstGear Kilimanjaro jacket (highly recommended), and a pair of Army issued Gortex camoflage rain pants with a pair of highly polished jump boots. I was comfy, but those pants would eventually become saturated and my legs would get wet. (But I was still warm, which is the most important thing.) Much better commuting on the KLR than on the Metro eh? Jeff

Kevin Midkiff

Post by Kevin Midkiff » Thu Jun 29, 2000 8:41 pm

That is exactly what I did. For reasons know only to the gods they never got posted. Oh well, no blood, no foul. *crosses fingers* and tries again. CB Mark Wilson wrote:
> > Hey all, > > > > I've been lurking for a week or two. Thought I'd come out of hiding. > > I tried replying to the group from my regular e-mail but apparently > > they didn't get through. I've been using Usenet for years, Does this > > sort of webbased NG only allow posting from the website? > > You can post messages by sending email to > DSN_klr650@egroups.com > > Mark Wilson > http://www.geocities.com/motormark64/ > http://www.angelfire.com/mo/motormark/ > KLR-650 A-13 "warthogg" > XR250R "superfly" > Stone Mountain, Ga > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
-- Lat: 41 28.33 N Log: 87 41.22 W __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com

Kevin Midkiff

Post by Kevin Midkiff » Thu Jun 29, 2000 8:53 pm

"Jeffrey L. Walker" wrote:
> > > I hope you have a good rain suit! I used to ride daily between Tacoma and > Seattle before I moved over here to Eastern Washington. I used to wear a > FirstGear Kilimanjaro jacket (highly recommended), and a pair of Army issued > Gortex camoflage rain pants with a pair of highly polished jump boots. I > was comfy, but those pants would eventually become saturated and my legs > would get wet. (But I was still warm, which is the most important thing.) > Much better commuting on the KLR than on the Metro eh? > > Jeff
Heheh, I've been riding in my filson loggers jacket. But I have been checking out the Kilimangaro....and my B-day is coming up on the 4th.....and I have been dropping huge hints to my wife.....I even went so low as to use the "man, honey...I'd hate to take a fall and not have some padding" hint.....sometimes ya gotta play dirty. CB __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com

wschase@aol.com

Post by wschase@aol.com » Thu Jun 29, 2000 10:53 pm

In a message dated 6/29/00 10:28:11 PM Central Daylight Time, chknbone@... writes: << Heheh, I've been riding in my filson loggers jacket. But I have been checking out the Kilimangaro....and my B-day is coming up on the 4th.....and I have been dropping huge hints to my wife.....I even went so low as to use the "man, honey...I'd hate to take a fall and not have some padding" hint.....sometimes ya gotta play dirty. CB >> If your dropping hints to the wife why not go all the way with an Aerostich Darien with the hard armor...worked on my wife.......she wants me to ride only wearing the best protective gear!!! LOL Good Luck! Semper Fi ! Steve Dallas, Texas A14 ZG 1000 A14 KLR 650 Buell Blast (hers) Buell Lightning (mine soon I hope!)

Dash Weeks

Post by Dash Weeks » Fri Jun 30, 2000 8:51 am

> >Heheh, I've been riding in my filson loggers jacket. But I have been checking >out the Kilimangaro....and my B-day is coming up on the 4th.....and I have >been >dropping huge hints to my wife.....I even went so low as to use the "man, >honey...I'd hate to take a fall and not have some padding" >hint.....sometimes ya >gotta play dirty. > >CB
That's actually kinda subtle. I printed out various recent threads concerning downed riders and how a protective jacket saved their hides. I also told her stories of high speed crashes of mine on the track and how my leathers saved me more than once. She just said..."You don't need to sell me on the need for protective equipment.... I know of one way to not get roadrash and broken bones. SELL that F*&$ing m/c" Well I have a new jacket on the way cause Mrs. Dash loves my baby soft skin too much, and she kinda likes my bike too. 8) LaterZ Dash

Zachariah Mully

getting it up for tire changing...

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Jun 30, 2000 3:05 pm

Well my used KLR didn't come with tools or manuals (which I just bought), so now that I have the literature, I need some help with the tire end of things. I would like opinions on tire levers and accessories needed for changing a tire. I am going to place my order for the Dual Star Centerstand and toolkit on Wednesday when they open back up, but I have never changed a motorcycle tire. So here is what I am planning on putting together for a flat kit: 3 nine-and-half inch tire irons -I keep hearing everyone say longer is better, so Fred will be providing these, but do I need more than two? I am used to bicycles where three definitely made the job easier. 1 bike pump -I don't believe in CO2 carts. Can anyone recommend a pump that they've had good luck with? 1 patch kit -checking the glue every year to make sure it doesn't dry out of course :) 1 set Dual Star axle wrenches 1 set rim protectors -do I really need these or are they just to keep the bike pretty? Is there a chance of really screwing up my rim without them? 1 set of tubes, both front and rear -can these be pre-slimed, or will that cause problems while they're stored? 1 of some kind of lube for reinstalling tire. -I have heard people using everything from soap to chain lube, is there any reason I have to carry a special lube for the tires? Anything that I have missed? Thanks for the help all... I appreciate it. Thanks, Zack