2-up riding (nklr)

DSN_KLR650
tryce@reid-crowther.com

2-up riding (nklr)

Post by tryce@reid-crowther.com » Tue Jun 27, 2000 2:02 pm

In a message dated 06/26/2000 6:25:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cloudhid@... writes:
>> I'm sure you'll prep her about keeping her feet on the pegs and >> leaning with you. Helmet bonk gets kinda old. A passenger >> increases braking distance and makes the family jewels more >> susceptible to being smashed against the gas tank. I'd say >> the trade offs are worth it. >> >> Redondo Ron >> >Hey Ron, I caint go for this at all. Aint no way, no how, my daughter
is
>going to get on the back of no bike with a rider with limited experience
(if
>I can help it that is). Think back, would you let your daughter be
your
>first passenger? A motorcycle is not a jet ski. When you fall off, you
hit
>hard objects. The object causing the sudden stop or gravity usually
wins.
>Best when it happens solo. So, now you know, "ol' Knot is a real stick
in
>the mud". > >Wonder what Sarah's take on this is, I mean, would she be a willing >passenger? Hello, Sarah..... > >Knot - just an ol' fart > >ps (Tim, this is in no way meant to be a slam or disrespect your riding >abilities, just ol' Knot's way of making a point - Ride Safe and when you
are
>ready give her a controlled thrill and do it again and again
and......Love is
>Patient.....)
Knot, Just to let you and the list know, I'm not in any way pressuring her into riding with me. It was her idea from the get-go, and AFTER discussing it with her parents (darnit, I'm such a little kid on this list!), she thought it would be OK to try in a controlled environment. Like I said, I've been turning her down for the last 4 months, and said that I wouldn't do it until I felt ready. She isn't the type of lady to be pressured into anything, and is not afraid to put her foot down. There's something about a girl with a mind of her own that catches my attention. Hopefully, Knot, your daughter will do the same and then you won't have to be the "ol' stick in the mud"! Tim ps- If you take Knot's PS from above out of context, you've got words to live by! Combine that with the Reverend's and Arne's comments, and there's a serious trend forming here.... Riding 2-up = some sort of sexual substitute?