overpants too hot? for nova scotia? nklr

DSN_KLR650
ironhdfsh@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] digest number 254

Post by ironhdfsh@aol.com » Sun Jun 18, 2000 1:20 am

Re:Harley non wavers, Hey D.J.,If you've noticed:those harley riders will wave at each other.I think they are so worried about image that they are afraid another Harley rider might see them waving at us and be banned(or shunned) somehow !!! Just my take on it. Ken Ironhdfsh@...

JSherlockHolmes@aol.com

Post by JSherlockHolmes@aol.com » Sun Jun 18, 2000 1:30 am

In a message dated 6/17/00 11:55:45 PM Canada Central Standard Time, DSN_klr650@egroups.com writes: > Geez, not to criticize, but for that kind of dough, maybe you should look into the Mikuni performance carb that White Bros. has to offer. Man that's a lot of green for such a little part. Jim Sherlock

JSherlockHolmes@aol.com

Post by JSherlockHolmes@aol.com » Sun Jun 18, 2000 1:32 am

In a message dated 6/17/00 11:55:45 PM Canada Central Standard Time, DSN_klr650@egroups.com writes: > Get rid of the corbin and get a Russell or Mayer, that's what I am going to do. You might try the Travelcade/Saddleman gel seat kit if you like the size of the stock seat. I hear it's pretty good. Jim Sherlock

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Sun Jun 18, 2000 10:11 am

> syndrome, need a solution. Also, a skid plate and a backrest. Any > input appreciated. >> > > Get rid of the corbin and get a Russell or Mayer, that's what I am going
to
> do. You might try the Travelcade/Saddleman gel seat kit if you like the
size
> of the stock seat. I hear it's pretty good.
Nothing wrong with this advice although I haven't heard anyone put the Travelcade in the same comfort category...but, your cheapest bet would be to send the Corbin to Raul Randariz at Corbin and have him build up the seating area ala the modified Corbin. Not a Russell but very very comfortable and far more stylish IMO. It also allows you to stand on your pegs with greater ease...price will be a little over $100.... Kurt

Bob Conklin

Post by Bob Conklin » Sun Jun 18, 2000 5:51 pm

I've been following this a little bit because I too have a ripped diaphram (probably my own fault - over zealous wrenching maybe). This was my thinking exactly,what about a Mikuni? It only costs about two diaphrams. I looked through the archives on the WB Mikuni and opinions seemed mixed. I would like better lower end hit but at what costs besides higher fuel consumption? Bob Conklin ----------
>From: JSherlockHolmes@... >To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com >Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Digest Number 254 >Date: Sat, Jun 17, 2000, 11:30 PM > >In a message dated 6/17/00 11:55:45 PM Canada Central Standard Time, >DSN_klr650@egroups.com writes: > > hundred sixteen dollars!) A pure case of "Sh*t happens." >> > >Geez, not to criticize, but for that kind of dough, maybe you should look >into the Mikuni performance carb that White Bros. has to offer. Man that's a >lot of green for such a little part. > >Jim Sherlock > >------------------------------------------------------------------------ >Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup. >@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access >your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints. >http://click.egroups.com/1/5668/5/_/911801/_/961309813/ >------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > >

carmic7@aol.com

overpants too hot? for nova scotia? nklr

Post by carmic7@aol.com » Sun Jun 18, 2000 9:19 pm

Hello list, I am about to embark on a tour from New Jersey to Nova Scotia Via Quebec city. I am thinking of buying a set of the First Gear boost pants, I think they are constructed with Thinsulate, and I am worried that they will be too hot to ride in. But the armor and abrasion resistance seems great but if they suck after spending 180.00 I am screwed. I need advice, I would otherwise ride in jeans and bring my rainwear. -neil