california klr's

DSN_KLR650
Robert Hedrick

[dsn_klr650] hjc lt-12 helment

Post by Robert Hedrick » Mon Jun 12, 2000 10:58 am

I don't know what a HJC LT-12 is, but I just discovered dual sport helmets. Is this one? Anybody know of a good dual sport helmet out there that is still manufacured?

Brad Davis

[dsn_klr650] hjc lt-12 helment

Post by Brad Davis » Mon Jun 12, 2000 11:10 am

--- Robert Hedrick wrote:
> I don't know what a HJC LT-12 is, but I just > discovered dual sport helmets. Is this one? > Anybody know of a good dual sport helmet out there > that is still manufacured?
Robert, Well, I'm new to this also but it seems to me that I will buy a street helmet since most of ny riding will be on pavement/gravel roads. Later on and when my offroad skills improve, I will get an offroad helmet. But I do think I have heard mention of dualsport helmets. Try www.helmetshop.com. They have good prices and lots of pictures. Take Care, Brad __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints! http://photos.yahoo.com

flyonwater@yahoo.com

california klr's

Post by flyonwater@yahoo.com » Mon Jun 12, 2000 8:37 pm

I'm considering the purchase of a new 2000/01 "California" model KLR 650. I previously owned a 93 model originally sold out of Alabama. The CA models come with a whole bunch of extra emissions garbage on board that I'm not used to and was wondering if anyone knew if this extra emissions "stuff" decreases performance in anyway. Is the combustion ratio lower??? Also is the emissions equipment removable without screwing anything up with the fuel/intake/exhaust etc system. Any info would be appreciated as this will greatly affect my purchase of a CA model. I have no problem buying out of state, but would rather buy in state if the bikes haven't been completely raped by the EPA and the state of California. Thanks and happy trails...Dan in Southern California P.S. Does anybody know when the 2001 models will hit the s