nklr pants purchase

DSN_KLR650
Jeffrey L. Walker

[dsn_klr650] front sprocket wobble

Post by Jeffrey L. Walker » Fri Jun 02, 2000 11:15 am

> Hello All, > Yeah, just a skosh jealous about you all going to Moab, have fun > and post lots of pics. My query is I'm wondering if I should be > worried about my front sprocket wobbling a bit on the countershaft. > The bolts are tight and the clip is on okay, just wondering why it > seems so loose still. Also, I think I may have traced a small oil > leak > to the seal of the countershaft(?) has this ever happened to anyone? > > How hard would this be to change the oil seal behind the sprocket? > One more thing, is there a replacement gasket available for the stock > exhaust pipe connection with the cylinder head? > TIA, > Eric > A 8 >
Been running your chain a little too tight eh? You need to call Jake Jakeman and get his countershaft shims to fix that wobble. You can find his number listed on the Dual Sport News website, or maybe someone here knows it off the top of their head? You can replace that oil seal without taking the bike apart, you have to carefully pry the old one out without damaging any metal surfaces, and then press a new one in. Search the archives on this, it has been covered. Jeff

emc4jhp@yahoo.com

nklr pants purchase

Post by emc4jhp@yahoo.com » Fri Jun 02, 2000 12:06 pm

Thanks for the replies about riding pants. I found a local dealer with some Tour Masters in stock. I drove over and lo and behold they fit. $199 and they gave me an 8% discount. If anyone's interested, I'll post an evaluation after I've spent some time in them. James Poore