thanks all for the condolences

DSN_KLR650
Jim Hyman

offroad survival kit & spares, nklr

Post by Jim Hyman » Thu May 25, 2000 3:32 am

It would be a great help for off road newbies if the experienced riders would share the benefit of their experience and list the tools & spares that they carry when doing it in the dirt. I'll start off with my #1 item: a 1/2 roll of toilet paper in a water tight bag. Other suggestions? Professor ps: now if Tom at CycoActive would only come up with a waterproof T.P. fender bag ...

exactsound@hotmail.com

Post by exactsound@hotmail.com » Thu May 25, 2000 12:52 pm

Letting friends and family know where you plan to go and end up is much like filing a flight plan when flying airplanes. It can save your life. I do have an additional tip that may be helpful. I've become a great fan of FRS radios that have a transponder/ring back feature that doesn't require the other radio operator to be awake or conscious or even there such as the Icom 4008a. Point being- if a rider has a nasty wreck and losses conscious etc. ones spouse, friend or search or rescue team who can get the radio from a spouse or friend can locate a down or injured rider as long as the radio survives the spill. They are mil spec rated and line of sight performance has been very impressive well over 6 miles. If used from an aircraft flying over a probable area a pilot and observer could quickly narrow down a search area and find a down rider in much less time than to retrace a pre-planned path. My co-workers and myself have purchased many of these radio from www.cybergadgets.com and we have been very pleased with the performance. They also offer have speaker mike headset specifically designed for motorcycle/snowmobiles. I could mean the difference between life and death. Glen, Post Falls ID

Jim Hyman

Post by Jim Hyman » Thu May 25, 2000 2:55 pm

Tom, I afraid to ask ... how do YOU do it in the dirt? Professor A9 Federal Way, Wa. [USA] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ --- , Tom Myers wrote:
> >ps: now if Tom at CycoActive would only come up with a > > waterproof T.P. fender bag ... > > You guys use toilet paper? > > Tom > -- > +-------------------------------------------+ > | CycoActive Products > | 701 34th Ave > | Seattle, WA 98122 USA > | > | Design/Manufacture of Motorcycling Accessories > | webpage: http://www.cycoactive.com/mc > | e-mail: moto@c... > | tel (206) 323-2349 fax (206) 325-6016 > +-------------------------------------------+

Jim Hyman

Post by Jim Hyman » Thu May 25, 2000 4:52 pm

Now you all know why T.P. is #1 on my survival gear list! Professor

Raamses@aol.com

thanks all for the condolences

Post by Raamses@aol.com » Thu May 25, 2000 5:19 pm

Thanks to everyone who sent their condolences. Your kind words were a great comfort. Raamses