high mileage & maintenance

DSN_KLR650
ephilride@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] klr 650 $3995 in salt lake?

Post by ephilride@aol.com » Wed May 24, 2000 10:02 am

exactsound@... writes:
> I've only been on the list 25 days and I've gained much insight on the KLR
to
> the point being 100% sold on it- even before a friend let me take his A-12 > for a spin a week ago. That just set the hook for good! > > Glen Meyer Post Falls, ID
~~~~~~~~ Glen, You may be about to make a $$$$ mistake. Don't get me wrong, the KLR is a wonderful bike and I'm sure you will enjoy it, but your enthusiasm and time pressures may have you paying too much and/or buying the "wrong" bike. 1. Time Pressures (TP): This gets us in trouble all the time. Late for an appointment and what'a ya do? Press the go petal and end up getting a speeding ticket - dumb. The weather is warm and everybody wants to go ride. Prices are up - highest point of the season. Time to buy was Nov-Feb, late summer, or after Moab when some have found that their KLR ain't what they want. Would it kill you to look more and wait longer? The KLR ain't no R80GSPD - meaning that you are not buying "rare", just the opposite. 2001 be out soon, proly get good deal on left over gbg. Keep look'n. 2. Just Gotta Have It Pressure (JGHIP): The KLR is good choice, but why not look at DR or XR-L. When you limit yourself to one rig, you don't always make the best choice. Don't get brain washed by the KLR list. The KLR is a nice bike and many would argue that it is the "best DS of all time", but a KLR may not be the best for you - Ride'm All, then choose. Knot - never paid too little but refuse to pay too much ps: Its easy for me to say "slow down" cause I got a bike to ride. But, if it makes you happy, go for it - its only money. And as life goes on you will find that money and happiness seldom, if ever, go together.

k650dsn@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] klr 650 $3995 in salt lake?

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Wed May 24, 2000 10:26 am

In a message dated Wed, 24 May 2000 11:04:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ephilride@... writes: >>
Glen, You may be about to make a $$$$ mistake. Would it kill you to look more and wait longer? The KLR ain't no R80GSPD - >>
2. Just Gotta Have It Pressure (JGHIP): The KLR is good choice, but why not look at DR or XR-L. When you limit yourself to one rig, you don't always make the best choice. Don't get brain washed by the KLR list. The KLR is a nice bike and many would argue that it is the "best DS of all time", but a KLR may not be the best for you - Ride'm All, then choose. Knot
>>
Of course Knot would have you buy a girly girls bike like a DR650 only because he knows that the KLR is to the motorcycle industry what Kryptonite is to Superman. All kidding aside, the KLR is the true do-it-all machine, but you need to honestly look atthe kind of riding you'll be doing. I'd keep my eyes open, there are usually some screamin deals on KLR's loaded with accessories. I think you could do a bit better than the one in SLC. Gino