waterproofing sidebags (nklr)

DSN_KLR650
Yusseri Yusoff

goodbye (nklr)

Post by Yusseri Yusoff » Mon May 22, 2000 10:53 am

Dear listers, Forgive me for what I am about to say. I have come to say goodbye. As of today, I have 39 days left to submit my thesis. After 7 years and 9 months of full-time university education, it's finally coming to an end. Guess I'll actually have to start earning my keep soon. I'll be leaving for home (Malaysia) early July and probably start work soon after. Also, after much procrastination on my part, I'll be getting married on the 2nd September [1]. Anyhow, I have to let go of the bike. Can't bring it home legally, and I need the money to ship the rest of my stuff. So the little bugger's up for sale. I'd just like to say that I've had a great time and the community on this list is one of the best ever. I've been on and off (mostly on) the list for close to three years now and whilst I've never been a big contributor, I have benefitted a lot. So, THANK YOU EVERYONE. I don't think I'll be having another KLR for a while yet, there'll be loads of other stuff to think of first. But who knows, maybe someday I'll get the opportunity to get one again and I'll rejoin the list. Again. Yus A1 (though not for much longer) [1] All are invited to the ceremony, of course. I'd be mighty surprised if anyone turned up though [2]. [2] That includes the bride.

Arne Larsen

goodbye (nklr)

Post by Arne Larsen » Mon May 22, 2000 11:42 am

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Yusseri Yusoff wrote:
> > Dear listers, > > Forgive me for what I am about to say. > > I have come to say goodbye.
Wow... Two in one day. Yus, congratulations on your graduation and upcoming marriage. Very sorry to see you go. I'm sure if we try hard enough we can dig up another KLR for you in Malaysia.. =^) See ya! Arne

Chuck McCullough

waterproofing sidebags (nklr)

Post by Chuck McCullough » Tue May 23, 2000 8:21 am

Thompsons waterseal is a standard trick with mountain man recreators. They dilute it 1 quart water seal to 1 gallon mineral spirits and spray on previously untreated canvas tents. Minimizes mold growth and increases repellency. I expect this would work for cordura also, but I wouldn't know aobut any chemical reactions/deterioration.