scotchgaurd kilimanjaro nklr

DSN_KLR650
Roundr1@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] when do the 2001 klr's come out?

Post by Roundr1@aol.com » Tue May 16, 2000 12:33 am

>Someone on this list mentioned that the 2001 KLR650's will be comeing >out in 2 months. Does anyone know for sure? What color will they be? Any >impovments over the 2000 models? The only dealer in my area that still >has a 2000 KLR in stock want's MSRP ($4900.00 U.S.) + tax, shipping, >set-up, and license fee's. Around $5600.00 out the door. This dealer is >the worst motorcycle dealer for almost 100 miles which is probably why >he still has a KLR in stock. If the new ones are coming out soon, I'll wait >to get it from a better dealer.
It's usually early July when a few dealers receive next year's model, even though Mother Kawasaki will deny all knowledge that the KLR exists at all, until late summer or early fall when they announce to their dealers what the new line up is. With all due respect to Hiro and his connections at KHI headquarters in Japan, it's anyone's guess whether the KLR will remain the same, get a new paint scheme or finally be replaced by the long rumored KLE. John T. Oldepus - butcha didn't hear it from me...

Russell Scott

Post by Russell Scott » Tue May 16, 2000 12:50 am

Talked to a Kawi dealer rep who said Kawi getting ready to unleash some hot new four-strokers, but sounded like they were more dirt oriented, to replace the KLX, not the KLR. Russel'r DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] When do the 2001 KLR's come out?
>Someone on this list mentioned that the 2001 KLR650's will be comeing >out in 2 months. Does anyone know for sure? What color will they be? Any >impovments over the 2000 models? The only dealer in my area that still >has a 2000 KLR in stock want's MSRP ($4900.00 U.S.) + tax, shipping, >set-up, and license fee's. Around $5600.00 out the door. This dealer is >the worst motorcycle dealer for almost 100 miles which is probably why >he still has a KLR in stock. If the new ones are coming out soon, I'll
wait
>to get it from a better dealer.
It's usually early July when a few dealers receive next year's model, even though Mother Kawasaki will deny all knowledge that the KLR exists at all, until late summer or early fall when they announce to their dealers what the new line up is. With all due respect to Hiro and his connections at KHI headquarters in Japan, it's anyone's guess whether the KLR will remain the same, get a new paint scheme or finally be replaced by the long rumored KLE. John T. Oldepus - butcha didn't hear it from me... ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Join Garden.com's affiliate program and enjoy numerous benefits. To learn more click here: http://click.egroups.com/1/2955/5/_/911801/_/958455224/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Hiro A. Watanabe

Post by Hiro A. Watanabe » Tue May 16, 2000 1:03 am

In a message dated 5/15/00 10:34:33 PM, Roundr1@... writes:
>It's usually early July when a few dealers receive next year's model, >even though Mother Kawasaki will deny all knowledge that the KLR >exists at all, until late summer or early fall when they announce to >their dealers what the new line up is. With all due respect to Hiro >and his connections at KHI headquarters in Japan, it's anyone's guess >whether the KLR will remain the same, get a new paint scheme or >finally be replaced by the long rumored KLE. > >John T. Oldepus - butcha didn't hear it from me...
Your respect has humbled me once again, Mr. Oldepus. While it is true that my announcement of the KLR being replaced by the KLE was premature, it is nonetheless scheduled to be the new standard in dual sporting. KHI tried to replace the KLR, but was thwarted by responses from customers, namely the people from this list. Alas, pressure from the marketplace was no match for the bureaucracies. To top it off, the KLR could not meet the new C. A. R. B. standards for emissions, so the KLE will now carry the torch as _THE_ mid-sized dual sport offering from Kawasaki. Check it out. http://www.khi.co.jp/mcycle/model_mc/kle400/index_e.html Hiro Watanabe Kobe, Japan Malibu, California (bi-coastal)

Wontco@yahoo.com

Post by Wontco@yahoo.com » Tue May 16, 2000 2:40 am

There's also a KLE500. Damn things look like an F650. OR maybe the F650 actually looks like the KLE since it appears to have been around since '91 (those F650 guy's are just KLE wannabe's). Do a search under KLE500 or KLE400 and you'll find several links. I even found a Dutch owners club. If anyone here is Dutch do us a favor and translate. My question is, if the KLE has been around for almost 10 years why bother nixing the KLR since the KLE will obviously be more expensive. Maybe the KLE will just EXPAND the Kawasaki DS line...? Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm getting a KLR even if the KLE does come out. Actually maybe it'll be better for me. If the KLE's come to US maybe the KLR prices will go down. My Heart's set on a KiLleR WHALE and that little porpoise, just won't do! Kevin B. --- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Hiro A. Watanabe" wrote:
> > In a message dated 5/15/00 10:34:33 PM, Roundr1@a... writes: > > >It's usually early July when a few dealers receive next year's
model,
> >even though Mother Kawasaki will deny all knowledge that the KLR > >exists at all, until late summer or early fall when they announce
to
> >their dealers what the new line up is. With all due respect to
Hiro
> >and his connections at KHI headquarters in Japan, it's anyone's
guess
> >whether the KLR will remain the same, get a new paint scheme or > >finally be replaced by the long rumored KLE. > > > >John T. Oldepus - butcha didn't hear it from me... > > > Your respect has humbled me once again, Mr. Oldepus. While it > is true that my announcement of the KLR being replaced by the > KLE was premature, it is nonetheless scheduled to be the new > standard in dual sporting. KHI tried to replace the KLR, but > was thwarted by responses from customers, namely the people > from this list. Alas, pressure from the marketplace was no > match for the bureaucracies. To top it off, the KLR could not > meet the new C. A. R. B. standards for emissions, so the KLE > will now carry the torch as _THE_ mid-sized dual sport offering > from Kawasaki. Check it out. > > http://www.khi.co.jp/mcycle/model_mc/kle400/index_e.html > > Hiro Watanabe > Kobe, Japan > Malibu, California (bi-coastal)

RM

Post by RM » Tue May 16, 2000 8:16 am

Let's examine this:
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Hiro A. Watanabe wrote: [snip] >While it is true that my announcement of the KLR being replaced by the >KLE was premature, The KLR *won't* go away (yet). >it is nonetheless scheduled to be the new standard in dual sporting. The KLR *will* go away (sooner or later). >KHI tried to replace the KLR, but was thwarted by responses from >customers, namely the people KHI *wants* the KLR to go away. They tried killing it once already. >Alas, pressure from the marketplace was no match for the bureaucracies. The KLR *is* going away. >To top it off, the KLR could not meet the new C. A. R. B. standards for >emissions, The KLR *must* go away. >so the KLE will now carry the torch as _THE_ mid-sized dual >sport offering from Kawasaki. The KLE is the "mid-sized" dual sport offering but the KLR is "full-sized". KLR is *not* going away. I'm confused... RM

Weaver, Mark

Post by Weaver, Mark » Tue May 16, 2000 11:03 am

well, if they'll whip together a new klx300 and make it street-legal, i'll buy one. (if they don't, i might do it myself, but not til next year. my wife would have me sleeping outside for months, and it's wet here in the winter). mw
> > Talked to a Kawi dealer rep who said Kawi getting ready to > unleash some hot > new four-strokers, but sounded like they were more dirt oriented, to > replace the KLX, not the KLR. >

Weaver, Mark

Post by Weaver, Mark » Tue May 16, 2000 11:06 am

... so the KLE
> will now carry the torch as _THE_ mid-sized dual sport offering > from Kawasaki. Check it out. > > http://www.khi.co.jp/mcycle/model_mc/kle400/index_e.html > > Hiro Watanabe > Kobe, Japan > Malibu, California (bi-coastal)
nice looking bike, but it would be a stretch to call it "dual-sport". mw

PRBKLR@cs.com

Post by PRBKLR@cs.com » Tue May 16, 2000 11:34 am

"Weaver, Mark" wrote:
> ... so the KLE > > will now carry the torch as _THE_ mid-sized dual sport offering > > from Kawasaki. Check it out. > > > > Hiro Watanabe > > Kobe, Japan > > Malibu, California (bi-coastal) > > nice looking bike, but it would be a stretch to call it "dual-sport". > mw
Not such a stretch... They call the Beemers dual sports don't they? Paul Dallas, TX ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry > experiments. > http://click.egroups.com/1/4051/5/_/911801/_/958493175/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > >

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » Thu May 18, 2000 3:07 am

Anybody know if the KLE motor has automatic valve adjusters, or just more valves to adjust? I assume it has 2 carbs to adjust too? MotorMark
----- Original Message ----- From: Hiro A. Watanabe To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 2:08 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] When do the 2001 KLR's come out? > > In a message dated 5/15/00 10:34:33 PM, Roundr1@... writes: > > >It's usually early July when a few dealers receive next year's model, > >even though Mother Kawasaki will deny all knowledge that the KLR > >exists at all, until late summer or early fall when they announce to > >their dealers what the new line up is. With all due respect to Hiro > >and his connections at KHI headquarters in Japan, it's anyone's guess > >whether the KLR will remain the same, get a new paint scheme or > >finally be replaced by the long rumored KLE. > > > >John T. Oldepus - butcha didn't hear it from me... > > > Your respect has humbled me once again, Mr. Oldepus. While it > is true that my announcement of the KLR being replaced by the > KLE was premature, it is nonetheless scheduled to be the new > standard in dual sporting. KHI tried to replace the KLR, but > was thwarted by responses from customers, namely the people > from this list. Alas, pressure from the marketplace was no > match for the bureaucracies. To top it off, the KLR could not > meet the new C. A. R. B. standards for emissions, so the KLE > will now carry the torch as _THE_ mid-sized dual sport offering > from Kawasaki. Check it out. > > http://www.khi.co.jp/mcycle/model_mc/kle400/index_e.html > > Hiro Watanabe > Kobe, Japan > Malibu, California (bi-coastal)

Craig Highline

Post by Craig Highline » Fri May 19, 2000 2:36 am

Basically the engine is half a Ninja.
>>> "Mark Wilson" 05/18 2:08 AM >>>
Anybody know if the KLE motor has automatic valve adjusters, or just more valves to adjust? I assume it has 2 carbs to adjust too? MotorMark
----- Original Message ----- From: Hiro A. Watanabe To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 2:08 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] When do the 2001 KLR's come out? > > In a message dated 5/15/00 10:34:33 PM, Roundr1@... writes: > > >It's usually early July when a few dealers receive next year's model, > >even though Mother Kawasaki will deny all knowledge that the KLR > >exists at all, until late summer or early fall when they announce to > >their dealers what the new line up is. With all due respect to Hiro > >and his connections at KHI headquarters in Japan, it's anyone's guess > >whether the KLR will remain the same, get a new paint scheme or > >finally be replaced by the long rumored KLE. > > > >John T. Oldepus - butcha didn't hear it from me... > > > Your respect has humbled me once again, Mr. Oldepus. While it > is true that my announcement of the KLR being replaced by the > KLE was premature, it is nonetheless scheduled to be the new > standard in dual sporting. KHI tried to replace the KLR, but > was thwarted by responses from customers, namely the people > from this list. Alas, pressure from the marketplace was no > match for the bureaucracies. To top it off, the KLR could not > meet the new C. A. R. B. standards for emissions, so the KLE > will now carry the torch as _THE_ mid-sized dual sport offering > from Kawasaki. Check it out. > > http://www.khi.co.jp/mcycle/model_mc/kle400/index_e.html > > Hiro Watanabe > Kobe, Japan > Malibu, California (bi-coastal) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Up to 60% OFF food! Buy Now and Shipping is Free. http://click.egroups.com/1/4016/5/_/911801/_/958637273/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com