[dsn_klr650] non klr : honda xr650l 2001

DSN_KLR650
Gtknedrgr@aol.com

ds rookie & new to list

Post by Gtknedrgr@aol.com » Thu May 18, 2000 6:17 pm

hello all- I just joined up today, as I am contemplating buying my first dual sport, and I am thinking about the KLR650. I'd love to find a used one near me (los angeles) that is nicely equipped. The new ones are cool, but $5k here in WLA. Why Kawi? Well, I have been a street rider for 15 years, all of them on kawasaki. I currently own a zx-10 with 50k that I bought new and I like team green products, but would be willing to entertain other bikes. So, if this is anything like my zx owners list, you guys get A LOT of stupid rookie questions. With that in mind: What year models should I stay away from? Reason? After being around bikes for a long time, I do most of my own work, and usually I am not scared of tackling the hard stuff on my own. Why do you like the KLR above all others? Does it routinely win in the trade mags? Is it bulletproof, as the Beemers claim to be? Anything else I should know about the bike? Sorry for the questions, as I am sure you have answered them all before.... -greg

Jim Hyman

ds rookie & new to list

Post by Jim Hyman » Thu May 18, 2000 7:07 pm

Greg, Welcome to our colorful list. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers (none here, of course!). Most KLR newbies apologize in advance for their questions. No need to & no problem. You'll find our list has many helpful posters. Sarah's suggestion to search the "old" Listquest archives is a good starting point. You can also search this list by using the "search" freature when you're logged into the eGroups site. The search box is in the upper right portion of the screen. You may want to "view by thread" rather than "view by date" to more easily link to replies to a posted message. The following search terms may help start you out: newbie used klr klr for sale reliability clutch modification overhaul Be sure to check out the "FILES", "LINKS", "DATABASE" options on the left of the screen. Professor A9 Federal Way, Wa. [USA] ps: don't forget to visit the 13+ KLR sites on the KLR webring. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ --- Gtknedrgr@a... wrote:
> hello all- > I just joined up today, as I am contemplating buying my
first dual sport, and I am thinking about the KLR650. I'd love to find a used one near me (los angeles) that is nicely equipped. The new ones are cool, but $5k here in WLA. [snip] ... you guys get A LOT of stupid rookie questions.... [snip] Sorry for the questions, as I am sure you have answered them all before....

Daryl Rogers

ds rookie & new to list

Post by Daryl Rogers » Thu May 18, 2000 9:56 pm

Greg, Like a lot of guys here, I just bought my KLR a couple of months ago after a lot or research (and a coin toss!). I was split between a DS bike or a sport bike. Since you've got that covered, I'll skip to the KLR. Basically, on a budget, the KLR is a jack-of-all-trades. You can tour on it, blast down fire roads, tackle the twisties, or just ride the thing to work. You can buy faster bikes, more powerful bikes and bikes with a lot more prestige. Or you can cut through all the crap and buy a bike that, though it might not be the best at any one thing, does a lot of stuff pretty damn well, thank you. All that at one half decent price. And like someone else said, there are no posers here in KLR land. Too busy riding and having fun, no time to strut. Get yerself on A KLR. I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. Cheers, D. GBG eh14

Mark King

[dsn_klr650] non klr : honda xr650l 2001

Post by Mark King » Thu May 18, 2000 10:04 pm

I see that Hondas KLR rival the XR650L will be returning in 2001. There is an article about this at motorcycle online. It always seems strange to me that we are talking about 2001 model bikes and we are only half way through the year. Mark KLR650A13 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/