[dsn_klr650] need klr 250 parts

DSN_KLR650
Ken Minnion

[dsn_klr650] nklr - newbie

Post by Ken Minnion » Fri May 12, 2000 6:00 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie on theKLR list. I've been reading for a few days about a rally in Moab,Ut. Could anyone be interested in detailing what it's about, & is it only for KLR owners? Time& Duration, Place, Type of Riding, Camping, Registration Address, Etc. Myself , I ride a Triumph Tiger, but am willing to ride with anyone that likes the same  roads/trails as me.     My main reason for joining was to invite you to my new database for DS riders. It's a list of like-minded riders from anywhere who are willing to help travelers on the move...anything from broken bike /directions to hospital/favorite trails/camping in back yard/etc. Take a look here: Dual Sport Motorcycle Traveler's Contact List & make up your own mind as to its value. As it's not brand specific, if you have any other lists you think might be interested, please let me know,so I can invite them as well.

Anyone in my neighborhood can call on me for help / rides, etc. anytime

Ken in Campbell River, British Columbia & Felix, black 95 Tiger  

>> From: k650dsn@... >Subject: Re: Moab confirmation cards NKLR

>In a message dated Thu, 11 May 2000 12:28:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >"billmonahan" writes:

>           ...........I just put the closing date off for my new cycle shack and doggie parlor, >in beautiful Middletown California, home of the Mt. St. Helena Brewery, until June >14th, so I could make a quick and dirty run out to Moab for the get-together.....is >pre-registering something necessary, or can a feller just show up?

>Sorry for not paying attention, seems like I'm always paying something else........  

Daryl Rogers

Post by Daryl Rogers » Fri May 12, 2000 6:22 pm

Ken, I live in Courtenay and have been looking for DS riders in the area. Just bought a Y2K KLR at C.R. Motorsports a couple of months back. Contact me off list if you wanna go riding one day. As others will tell you (so I'll leave it to them since I've never been) the Moab Rally is open to all DS bikes. My plan was to head down this year but work has poked it's nose into my vacation and I've had to cancel. Check out http://www.geocities.com/~klrdsn/index.html and look for the Rally links. Most of what you want to know should be there. Cheers, D. GBG A14
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Ken Minnion wrote: > Hello everyone, I'm a newbie on theKLR list. I've been reading for a few days about a rally in Moab,Ut. Could anyone be interested in detailing what it's about, & is it only for KLR owners? Time& Duration, Place, Type of Riding, Camping, Registration Address, Etc. Myself , I ride a Triumph Tiger, but am willing to ride with anyone that likes the same roads/trails as me. > > My main reason for joining was to invite you to my new database for DS riders. It's a list of like-minded riders from anywhere who are willing to help travelers on the move...anything from broken bike /directions to hospital/favorite trails/camping in back yard/etc. Take a look here: Dual Sport Motorcycle Traveler's Contact List & make up your own mind as to its value. As it's not brand specific, if you have any other lists you think might be interested, please let me know,so I can invite them as well. > > Anyone in my neighborhood can call on me for help / rides, etc. anytime > > Ken in Campbell River, British Columbia > & Felix, black 95 Tiger > > > > > > > > >> From: k650dsn@a... > > >Subject: Re: Moab confirmation cards NKLR > > > > >In a message dated Thu, 11 May 2000 12:28:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >"billmonahan" writes: > > > > > > > ...........I just put the closing date off for my new cycle shack and doggie parlor, >in beautiful Middletown California, home of the Mt. St. Helena Brewery, until June >14th, so I could make a quick and dirty run out to Moab for the get-together.....is >pre- registering something necessary, or can a feller just show up? > > > > >Sorry for not paying attention, seems like I'm always paying something else........ > >

Roundr1@aol.com

Post by Roundr1@aol.com » Fri May 12, 2000 7:20 pm

[Intro and Moab info request]
> Anyone in my neighborhood can call on me for help / rides, etc. anytime > >Ken in Campbell River, British Columbia >& Felix, black 95 Tiger
Welcome Ken & Felix! Here's the site for Moab info; http://www.geocities.com/~klrdsn/page54.html You're in good company on this list. Wild Bill Haycock and CA Stu Mumford both enjoy switch hitting with the Triumph and KLR. No doubt there're others too. You're welcome at my place anytime. Just be sure to give me a heads up when you're coming, so that I can deactivate the booby traps we have laid out. We're trying to ensure that our adult children don't move back home while we're out and about. John T. Oldepus

Mark

[dsn_klr650] need klr 250 parts

Post by Mark » Fri May 12, 2000 8:22 pm

At 9:48 PM -0300 5/12/2000, steve pye wrote:
>Hello listers, >I have a co-worker whose KLR 250 was vandalized this winter
Gee, and I was planning a vacation to Goose Bay. Maybe I'll stick with Maimi. Mark B2 A2