[dsn_klr650] more oil stuff!

DSN_KLR650
Istvan Szlany

nklr songs for long distance riding

Post by Istvan Szlany » Mon May 08, 2000 7:21 pm

Hello List! I have a few songs in the list below, some of them is riding/road related, others not really but I still like them. Could you, please, continue the list, maybe we can come up with something cool for those loooooong hours in the saddle. Cheers, istvan+Eh13 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Free Wheel Burning (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) Rock Hard, Ride Free (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) Highway Star (Deep Purple: Machine Head) Lazy (Deep Purple: Machine Head) Radar Love (...) Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) Ride On (AC/DC)

Eric Jasniewicz

Post by Eric Jasniewicz » Mon May 08, 2000 8:06 pm

1) wish - NIN 2) Just about anything by Motley Crue (kickstart my heart, dr feelgood) 3) Velvet butterfly wings? (despite all my rage I am still just a rat in the CAGE!!!!) - Smashing Pumpkins 4) Lust for Life - Iggy Pop 5) Wicked - Korn

George Basinet

Post by George Basinet » Tue May 09, 2000 10:50 am

I feel as if I were slip streamin' along in Area 51. I don't recognize any of the artists or the songs. No Miles, Dizzy, Monk or Ella? George (in the slow groove) Escondido, CA

Istvan Szlany

Post by Istvan Szlany » Tue May 09, 2000 11:18 am

Sarah, I wasn't expecting ONLY hard rock and heavy metal songs (If I would have, I would be riding a Harley, ha!), so anything you like to listen to, it is worthy to be on this list of songs. When the idea came for the list of songs, I was thinking about all "riding"-related songs, but I guess any favorites are okay, too. ... Or: we can make two lists, and maybe that would be more interesting: One all riding related, and another one that are not, but you like to listen to them (or sing them) when you are dashing down the highway. So, here's my two new lists: All-riding-songs: --------------------------
> Free Wheel Burning (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Rock Hard, Ride Free (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Highway Star (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > Radar Love (...) > Ride On (AC/DC)
Take me home, country road ( ... ) Overture from William Tell (...) - can somebody correct the title to what it suppose to be ... if you know what I mean Joy Ode (Beethoven) - ... same here. Bolero (Ravel) I think these last 3 ARE riding related. I'm sure, if somebody disagrees, will explain it to me why. Thanks! Other-Favorites: ---------------------------- Lazy (Deep Purple: Machine Head) Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) Sarah, can I ask you, to cut and past your songs and categorize them the same way I did? Thanks! To the whole KLR list: If you can fill out the blanks, that would be most appreciated. Cheers, istvan+Eh13
>Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound -- Tom Paxton: best of >Silk Pyjamas -- Thomas Dolby: Astronauts & Heretics -- the whole album is
good.
>Time Stand Still -- Rush: ?? not sure which album >Get Out the Map -- Indigo Girls: Shaming of the Sun >Chess: The Musical -- The Guys formerly known as Abba >Cut the Rope -- Willy Porter: Falling Forward >Eye of Fatima -- Camper van Beethoven: Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart

Sarah Barwig

Post by Sarah Barwig » Tue May 09, 2000 11:24 am

> >Sarah, can I ask you, to cut and past your songs and categorize them the >same way I did? Thanks!
I'm not sure I entirely see the difference between riding related and good road music, but I'll take a stab at it. ---Riding related---
> >Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound -- Tom Paxton: best of > >Time Stand Still -- Rush: ?? not sure which album > >Get Out the Map -- Indigo Girls: Shaming of the Sun > >Cut the Rope -- Willy Porter: Falling Forward
---Good road music---
> >Silk Pyjamas -- Thomas Dolby: Astronauts & Heretics -- the whole album is >good. > >Chess: The Musical -- The Guys formerly known as Abba > >Eye of Fatima -- Camper van Beethoven: Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart
---o&>o--- Sarah Barwig sarah@...

Stuart Mumford

Post by Stuart Mumford » Tue May 09, 2000 11:54 am

The Barney theme song on continuous loop.. "I love you, you love meee..." CA Stu<-- All work and no play makes Stu a dull boy All work and no play makes Stu a dull boy.

Eric Jasniewicz

Post by Eric Jasniewicz » Tue May 09, 2000 12:44 pm

OK, what are the titles and who does the following,l they work well too: "wellll, got a heater in my truck and I dont give a f*** cause i'm off to the rodeo. f****in jerk, piss me off, git on my nerves...." "you're an a---ss----h-o-*-*, no doubt about it your an a&&hole tonight"

Seiler, Kevin

Post by Seiler, Kevin » Tue May 09, 2000 5:53 pm

Ok, I'll weigh in here! Riding related: "Vincent Black Lightning"- by Richard Thompson "The Living End"- Jesus and Mary Chain "The Ace of Spades"- Motorhead "Race With the Devil"- Gene Vincent and his Blue Caps "Maybelline"- Chuck Berry Just good stuff to listen to on a long ride: "The Muddy Waters and Johnny Winters Sessions" "5th Symphony, Symphony of Sorrows" Anderyk Goretski (Sp?) "Sketches of Spain" Miles Davis "New World Symphony" Sibelius "Music for 18 Musicians" Steve Reich soundtrack for the movie "Mishima" Philip Glass "Theremin Classics" compiliaton "Space Age Bachelor Pad Music" Esquivel! "Taboo" Arthur Lyman "Quiet Village" Martin Denny "Portishead" Portishead soundtrack to the movie "Shaft" Issac Hayyes "Honey" The Ohio Players "Axis Bold As Love" The Jimi Hendrix Experience How's that for eclecticism? Kev

steve pye

[dsn_klr650] more oil stuff!

Post by steve pye » Fri May 12, 2000 7:26 pm

[b]-----Original Message-----[/b] [b]From: [/b]rowdy [b]To: [/b]KLR List DSN_klr650@egroups.com> [b]Date: [/b]Thursday, May 11, 2000 9:00 PM [b]Subject: [/b][DSN_klr650] More oil stuff! Hi everyone,    I'm the proud new owner of a new "to me" 98 KLR650 with 5500 miles on it. It's box stock right now, but I'm probably going to start tinkering soon. The first two things I was wondering about are the Cobra exhaust. Anyone tried one? Anyone like it? I remember someone saying they had problems. I'm looking for less weight, better power and acceptable sound levels. I'm thinking a K&N, muffler, 14 tooth front sprocket, and jets might really wake things up!   Mike    Mike, I installed the Cobra 'Four-Stroke' pipe on my 93',much lighter than stock, no power increase but I haven't modified carb/airbox yet, and finally it's LOUD. Personally, I like it but to each his own. Steve Pye A7