fresno?

DSN_KLR650
RM

how much to pay for a new klr650?

Post by RM » Tue May 09, 2000 8:20 pm

My apologies to those of you on wreck.moto who've already seen this question... I am about 2-3 weeks away from purchasing a new KLR650. Those of you who've purchased one recently, what was your Out-the-door price? All the shops seem to want to charge for shipping and setup and such (one local store wants ~$550 for this!). I was thinking of trying to buy the bike for MSRP plus tax, tag, and title and calling it a deal. Is this still too much money to offer? RM

Dust

Post by Dust » Tue May 09, 2000 10:19 pm

Bought 2 months ago in Tulsa, OK $4299.00 out the door Dust A14 "Rhino" Man with BIG Grin
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, RM wrote: > > My apologies to those of you on wreck.moto who've already seen this > question... > > I am about 2-3 weeks away from purchasing a new KLR650. Those of you > who've purchased one recently, what was your Out-the-door price? > > All the shops seem to want to charge for shipping and setup and such (one > local store wants ~$550 for this!). I was thinking of trying to buy the > bike for MSRP plus tax, tag, and title and calling it a deal. Is this > still too much money to offer? > > RM

LawsonCL@aol.com

Post by LawsonCL@aol.com » Tue May 09, 2000 11:34 pm

In a message dated 5/9/00 7:22:19 PM Mountain Daylight Time, richardm@... writes:
> All the shops seem to want to charge for shipping and setup and such (one > local store wants ~$550 for this!). I was thinking of trying to buy the > bike for MSRP plus tax, tag, and title and calling it a deal. Is this > still too much money to offer?
Vickery Motorsports in Aurora, CO advertised 2000 KLR650s in last weekend's paper for $4,495 (I believe, however, I might be off a hundred or two). Vickery's price is out the door, plus tax. 303-755-4387 If you're not willing to take the deal in Colorado, you can be content with a good screwing at home. Chris Lawson

Wontco@yahoo.com

Post by Wontco@yahoo.com » Wed May 10, 2000 12:49 am

> Vickery Motorsports in Aurora, CO advertised 2000 KLR650s in last
weekend's
> paper for $4,495 (I believe, however, I might be off a hundred or
two).
> Vickery's price is out the door, plus tax. > > 303-755-4387
When I was there last month (around april 12th) they only had one in stock though. Don't know if that was before or after the advertisment , but... Kevin B.

RM

Post by RM » Wed May 10, 2000 1:05 am

On Wed, 10 May 2000 LawsonCL@... wrote:
>Vickery Motorsports in Aurora, CO advertised 2000 KLR650s in last weekend's >paper for $4,495 (I believe, however, I might be off a hundred or two). >Vickery's price is out the door, plus tax.
[snip]
>If you're not willing to take the deal in Colorado, you can be content with a >good screwing at home.
Wow. That's a long way from home. I'd love to take that adventure on the KLR someday, but I'm not sure that going to Colorado to drive my first motorcycle home to SoCal would be a Good Idea... Talk about getting thrown to the wolves... Trial by fire.... etc etc. I was thinking more along the lines of parking lots, then city streets, and so on. :) RM

Jim Hyman

Post by Jim Hyman » Wed May 10, 2000 2:04 am

Richard, I applaud your reservations about riding a new bike home for your first ever m/c ride. Be creative in purchasing your new KLR. How much is your spare time worth? Obviously, a dealer will try to get as much as they can on each bike sale. In many areas, the KLR is a slow seller & you need to find a dealer in one of these areas. First of all, a little 'insider' info on m/c dealers. It is common practice for m/c manufacturers to 'stick' their dealers with slow selling bikes. How? By limiting the number of hot selling bikes the dealer can order, unless a dealer buys a 'package deal' where the dealer gets the hot selling bikes, but must also buy the slower selling 'turkeys' (no offense fellow KLR owners). How to find one of these dealers? Maybe the list can help you. Or you can do an internet search for KLR650 and "for sale" and 2000 or search the internet classified sources for motorcycles or use website: http:/www/traderonline.com/cycle/ click on "search", fill in year=2000 area=nationwide keyword=KLR650 (leave price= blank) You will get back a list of bikes for sale, some low-mileage used & maybe some from dealers. Do the search every 2-3 days. There was a recent post on the list that said that the firm will ship an uncrated dirt-bike for $200+. When you find your bike, you may want to drive it home if you have a friend who is an experienced rider who will help you thru your initial training & ride home with you before you hit the road. Good Luck & safe riding. Professor '95 KLR650 A9 Federal Way, Wa. [USA] ps: I'm sending you directly the results from the traderonline search I did while writing this. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ --- , RM wrote: [snip]
> I am about 2-3 weeks away from purchasing a new KLR650.
Those of you who've purchased one recently, what was your Out-the-door price? All the shops seem to want to charge for shipping and setup and such (one local store wants ~$550 for this!). I was thinking of trying to buy the bike for MSRP plus tax, tag, and title and calling it a deal. Is this still too much money to offer?

Gary Bettes

fresno?

Post by Gary Bettes » Wed May 10, 2000 9:17 am

>through Hell (Fresno).
Only from June thru October. Gary B.

KEN TRULL

Post by KEN TRULL » Wed May 10, 2000 9:48 am

I bought my A14 in Jasper, AL for $4800.00, out the door and fresh out of the crate. Ken Trull
> > Message: 9 > Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 20:20:40 -0500 (CDT) > From: RM > Subject: How much to pay for a new KLR650? > > > My apologies to those of you on wreck.moto who've already seen this > question... > > I am about 2-3 weeks away from purchasing a new KLR650. Those of you > who've purchased one recently, what was your Out-the-door price? > > All the shops seem to want to charge for shipping and setup > and such (one > local store wants ~$550 for this!). I was thinking of trying > to buy the > bike for MSRP plus tax, tag, and title and calling it a deal. Is this > still too much money to offer?