[dsn_klr650]ds compass nklr

DSN_KLR650
Dustin McCarty

lane splitting (color me newbie)

Post by Dustin McCarty » Tue May 02, 2000 4:26 pm

OK, still new to the motorcycle world: Lane splitting: This is going between the cars on the way to a stop light to "get ahead" of the rest of the traffic or whil on the highway to pass? Is this correct? More importantly, is this a good, safe idea? I mean, I live in Oklahoma still and people here still haven't figured out how to use indoor plumbing let alone turn signals! Sounds pretty foolish in the US (IMHO, of course). 2 questions: 1) Is this actually a legal practice (not that legality reflects what is right or intelligent)? 2) Is this commonly practiced in more "upscale" and "civilized" portions of the US and Canada? (i.e. not Arkansas, Oklahoma, portions of Texas, hmmm, who else can I offend....) Please forgive my native Oklahoman ignorance of the motorized world. Thanks, Dust A14 "Rhino" Man with BIG Grin (and the desire to live to ride another day) Riding Level: Still in WUSS mode, but progressing. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Dash Weeks

[dsn_klr650]ds compass nklr

Post by Dash Weeks » Tue May 02, 2000 5:12 pm

Good call Tim, Shoulda thought of that. This Brain Hiatis is getting old. Now if we could find a manufacturer of Carbon Fiber Handle Bars then we'd be all set. LaterZ Dash
>If you look on the Dual Star website it states to "remove" the compass to >take a reading. > >If the compass is plastic it will have zero shielding and just being >on the handlebar/crossbar will cause deviation. > >Tim > >The Tach has a coil in it. I don't think that would be the source large >enough to cause a problem. Try moving the compass to the other side of >the bar. Does it move toward the Tach? > >LaterZ >Dash
A2 - Da' Bomb No Longer Crashing for Beer Will wheelie for Virgin Oil