john deere plugs nklr

DSN_KLR650
bmgecko

[dsn_klr650] special message for big dawg (very nklr)

Post by bmgecko » Fri Apr 28, 2000 5:14 pm

When trash like this e-mail I'm responding to is posted to the list, it makes it more frustrating than the way overdone, incredibly adolescent joke that was the "Big Dawg"/beemer deal.  As I'm not really part of the "in-crowd" on the list (I use it for information, not a way to socialize) I found the whole situation incredibly annoying.

When I got to the message I'm responding to, I simply tried to delete it, but alas a more computer savvy listmember decided to have fun with a little mail-prank.  Perhaps this extraneous garbage can be kept to the circle of friends, family and such that it belongs to.  People bitched, griped, pissed, whined and moaned about us being "spammed" earlier this week or last, but how many people are gonna be up in arms over this one?

Chris Astier

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Sat Apr 29, 2000 7:39 pm

As I'm not really part of the "in-crowd" on the list (I use it for information, not a way to socialize) I found the whole situation incredibly annoying. Chris, There is no exclusive "in crowd" on this list. Arne, our listmeister, only joined a year ago last February. Some of us have been around longer than others + we've met in person in Moab. I do use the list to socialize and joke around. Anyone is free to join in or like yourself, opt out. Dash, for example, is active socially and is a great source of information; he's been on the list only a few weeks. I look forward to meeting him sometime; I'd enjoy meeting you. Gino may be a clown, but he also plays a great Hamlet. I pestered him by phone for mechanical advice before he ever set eyes on me as did many others. He was and is very generous with his time and energy. Bogdan ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Verle Nelson

Post by Verle Nelson » Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:50 pm

> From: "Bogdan Swider" > As I'm not really part of the "in-crowd" on the list (I use it for > information, not a way to socialize) I found the whole situation
incredibly
> annoying. > > Chris, There is no exclusive "in crowd" on this list....
Bogdan! You personify the "in crowd" and that's not a bad thing. OK! I don't see "exclusivity" as an issue here. But, in my mind, the "in crowd" is composed of those names we newer people remember because they are interesting and informative, helpful and entertaining or all of the above. You match on all those key words. I especially enjoy your new evening persona -- uninhibited, articulate and remarkably erudite. It's not just you. There are other names I would consider part of the "in list." Gino, of course, for many reasons already mentioned by others. Kurt Simpson for his encyclopedic knowledge of, not just dual sports, but many motorcycles, past and present and his unending patience with new people. And Arne because he's very intelligent and it shows in his posts. And I still remember why I was inspired to join this list in the first place: I read several posts by Mr. T and thought, "This guy really knows what he's talking about." This was important to me. I not only was a new owner of a KLR650 but I was returning to motorcycling after an 18 yr. absence. This list has played a major role in my re-education. The "in list" contributors have been my tutors. And it's not just technical information. I've thoroughly enjoyed the philosophy of Juan Carlos Ibarra and the polite debates between Juan and Sarah. Is this socializing? Perhaps it is but I like it. I don't mean to slight anyone by not mentioning their names; There are several people I always read carefully. And Bogdan, you rate foremost among them. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in Moab -- especially you "insiders." Verle Nelson Cedaredge CO '97 R1100R '99 KLR650

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Sat Apr 29, 2000 9:22 pm

> Bogdan! You personify the "in crowd" and that's not a bad thin
> You match on all those key words. I especially enjoy your new evening > persona -- uninhibited, articulate and remarkably erudite.
lol...I agree Bogdan...you've become the Leonard Pinth-Garnell of the list... Kurt

Ted Palmer

Post by Ted Palmer » Sun Apr 30, 2000 12:37 am

Walter Lesnowich wrote: [much bollocks deleted] I'd really like to be convinced that the post was intended only for the big hairy one and not the whole list. Mister_T

Willard Heck, Ranch Manager

john deere plugs nklr

Post by Willard Heck, Ranch Manager » Sun Apr 30, 2000 5:45 pm

From the Concours list: Plug is John Deere part number RE11344, jack is AL25073. I've never seen them, but they were said to be 1/3 the cost of the BMW plug even though they are identical items made by the same company. Cheers, Willard '98