nklr height police(was tank panniers)

DSN_KLR650
drainr@TBEUK.COM

re[2]:[dsn_klr650] introduction

Post by drainr@TBEUK.COM » Thu Apr 27, 2000 11:47 am

Attachments :)Go Home. PLEASE. Before you start something that I will have to finish. Sorry Carl, but BD started it....honestly Miss! )ps-whats it like to have more money than brains? Sorry again..ask the wife, I earn it, she spends it! Richard D '98KLR650 C3 31k. ********************************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the IT Department at Tokai Bank Europe on 0171 457 2600. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses. www.mimesweeper.com **********************************************************************

beemerbigdawg@aol.com

Post by beemerbigdawg@aol.com » Thu Apr 27, 2000 12:06 pm

In a message dated Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:48:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, drainr@... writes: << )Go Home. PLEASE. Before you start something that I will have to finish. << Again, I mean no ill intent on my posts, but I seem to irritate some of the good folks on this list. I actually came here to get ride information for your rally and pick up a few tips and make contacts. I can assure you, I am a real individual, not someone posing as someone else (however that is done?). Thank you for the url, I went to that site to register, but found no means of online registration, surly a Mastercard can be used? Finally, again, the KLR650 is a fine machine, but it can in no way shape or form hold a candle to the BMW. From what I have read, you spend a great deal of money trying to make your KLR's into BMW wannabes; why not just buy a BMW to start? Just my opinion. BD R1150GS F650GS PD on order

Linda Tanner

Post by Linda Tanner » Thu Apr 27, 2000 12:30 pm

No ill intent??? You have no idea what the folks on this list do or how they ride and you insist on implying that you (and your bike) are somehow superior. AND you TRAILER a beemer. I don't know which bmw list you're on, but the one I'm on would take a dim view of any perfectly good beemer that is loaded on a trailer without extreme extenuating circumstances. Having only a week to get from Texas to Utah? Doesn't sound like much of a hardship to me. But what do I know? I only rode my CBR600F3 to Las Vegas and back visiting 19 states and 7k miles. I did take longer than a week, though. I plan on doing a helluva lot more on my new RT. BTW - BMW took first through fourth at the PD. The first three were F650s and the fourth an oilhead. Read the stories in the IBMWR list about adventure touring in Africa using oilhead GSs. LindaT. Springfield, VA, USA 99 R1100RT Mr. Buzzy 95 F3 Purple Haze (66K miles and counting) 00 KLR250 Tenzing (0 miles and not counting) http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Pit/4807/

Carl Sorensen

Post by Carl Sorensen » Thu Apr 27, 2000 12:39 pm

I would think that the all-mightly R1150GS would make much better time solo than loading it onto a tralier and tugging the lump all the way to Moab? oui - non? sorry, just trying to find the logic, and out of curiousity, why do you want to go there anyway, you might dirty your clothes or something else.....like your bike. Cheers Carl.

Sarah Barwig

Post by Sarah Barwig » Thu Apr 27, 2000 2:25 pm

> Again, I mean no ill intent on my posts, but I seem to irritate > some of the good folks on this list.
Careful boy, we've got grammar police here, don't you have them in the BMW world, too?
> I actually came here to get > ride information for your rally and pick up a few tips and make > contacts.
Do you often walk into bars in Texas and slander the regular's pickup trucks? I'd sure like a pic of your mug after that... Where are the bouncers? Can't a girl just enjoy a nice beer at the corner pub without being subjected to this riffraff?
> I can assure you, I am a real individual, not someone > posing as someone else (however that is done?).
Dude, you're on aol. Check out the "Switch Screen Name" button.
> Thank you for the url, I went to that site to register, but found > no means of online registration, surly a Mastercard can be used?
Hey man, you wanna pay the extra credit card fee, just go over to http://www.paypal.com, send me $65 via paypal, and I'll make sure you're registered for the rally in Moab. :)
> Finally, again, the KLR650 is a fine machine, but it can in no > way shape or form hold a candle to the BMW.
I've tried to hold candles on my KLR. They keep blowing out... Must be some fancy aerodynamic plastics on your BMW to keep the candles lit... Doesn't it pain you to hear the plastic being hit with gravel as your riding companions roust past you?
> From what I have > read, you spend a great deal of money trying to make your KLR's > into BMW wannabes; why not just buy a BMW to start?
Others will cover this point in greater detail than I. Mostly, well, because I can pick up the KLR when I drop it (except when I've just sprained my ankle). The same can not be said for any of the BMW's I've ridden. Too Heavy. And, well, that's where a dual-sport loses in the dirt...
> Just my opinion.
Which you're welcome to. Now buy a round for the house, and we'll all give you a second chance. :) ---o&>o--- Sarah Barwig sarah@...

Jim Jackson

Post by Jim Jackson » Thu Apr 27, 2000 2:29 pm

Um, BD? So, um, yeah, well, ya see, some of us would like to know... Will you be wearing your crown for MOAB? How about your velvet cape? I'd personally like to know so that I can make sure to avert my lowly KLR-owning eyes whilst in your presence... I'd truly hate for you to become angered and have to show me up on some trail in Utah. Jim Jackson II A13 - South Carolina P.S. This is fun!
>Again, I mean no ill intent on my posts, but I seem to irritate some of the >good folks on this list. I actually came here to get ride information for >your rally and pick up a few tips and make contacts. I can assure you, I am >a real individual, not someone posing as someone else (however that is >done?).
________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Thu Apr 27, 2000 2:31 pm

I am a real individual, not someone posing as someone else (however that is done?). It's got to be Gino...he must not have enough people to tease in his regular life. Bogdan ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Apr 27, 2000 2:48 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: Carl Sorensen To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 12:49 PM Subject: Re: Re[2]:[DSN_klr650] Introduction > I would think that the all-mightly R1150GS would make much better time solo than loading it onto a tralier and tugging the lump all the way to Moab? oui - non? sorry, just trying to find the logic, and out of curiousity, why do you want to go there anyway, you might dirty your clothes or something else.....like your bike. > Cheers > Carl. Just for a little perspective....I was on the BMW Airheads list until selling my BMW. You will not find a nicer bunch of people anywhere. When I asked that list about the KLR I had 8 or 9 responses all telling me what a great bike they are. (and they were right) Not one put a plug in for the F650 and a few said I would be crazy to get one with a bike like the KLR available. It's best to remember that the majority of us are just plain bike-crazy regardless of brand and not get baited into responding to this type of post. Just my worthless humble opinion. Joe

Carl Sorensen

Post by Carl Sorensen » Thu Apr 27, 2000 2:53 pm

I liked the taste of that bait..in fact..couldnt resist it unfortunatley; but you are absolutley correct, they are good people, its just the ones they banish from their list that bait me. thanks, and of course - best regards carl.
> I would think that the all-mightly R1150GS would make much better time
solo than loading it onto a tralier and tugging the lump all the way to Moab? oui - non? sorry, just trying to find the logic, and out of curiousity, why do you want to go there anyway, you might dirty your clothes or something else.....like your bike.
> Cheers > Carl.
Just for a little perspective....I was on the BMW Airheads list until selling my BMW. You will not find a nicer bunch of people anywhere. When I asked that list about the KLR I had 8 or 9 responses all telling me what a great bike they are. (and they were right) Not one put a plug in for the F650 and a few said I would be crazy to get one with a bike like the KLR available. It's best to remember that the majority of us are just plain bike-crazy regardless of brand and not get baited into responding to this type of post. Just my worthless humble opinion. Joe

billmonahan

Post by billmonahan » Thu Apr 27, 2000 3:18 pm

Your names's not Bob Karol, ist it?  I remember something like this in CityBike a couple years ago.  You left out a word in your last sentence, or did you?
Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com