[dsn_non klr650] .

DSN_KLR650
Roundr1@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] right to ride national forests nklr

Post by Roundr1@aol.com » Sun Apr 23, 2000 12:50 pm

>Hey Man, if it's a question my freedom to ride in the park VS the health >of the wilderness, I say, SAVE THE WILDERNESS!!!
Thanks to enlightenment from the likes of Mr. rheywoo1, I have finally come to see the error of my ways. I foolishly thought that policing up the trash left by hikers on my favorite trails was a step in the right direction. Turns out I was just sticking my finger in the dike. Drastic times call for drastic measures. This coming Friday, I will sacrifice my KLR and myself at the local scrap yard. There will be a moment of silence before the hydraulic crusher sends us both to our spiritual destiny. There will also be a live video feed to this list. I invite all list members to witness this act of contrition. I hope all right thinking environmentalists will join me in ridding the planet of all vehicles and the villainous human race that together are destroying this precious Mother Earth. Let's do it together! John O. - QUICK! SAVE YOURSELVES. CALL 1-800-446-8406 you first...

Robert Morgan

Post by Robert Morgan » Sun Apr 23, 2000 12:53 pm

Be sure to drain all the fluids from yourself as well as the bike before the sacrifice please. Morgan
----- Original Message ----- From: To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2000 10:49 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Right to Ride National Forests NKLR > >Hey Man, if it's a question my freedom to ride in the park VS the health > >of the wilderness, I say, SAVE THE WILDERNESS!!! > This coming Friday, I will sacrifice my KLR and myself at the > local scrap yard. > John O. - QUICK! SAVE YOURSELVES. CALL 1-800-446-8406 > you first... > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Win $1000 this Friday! > http://click.egroups.com/1/2860/3/_/911801/_/956512210/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > >

Rob Heywood

Post by Rob Heywood » Sun Apr 23, 2000 1:18 pm

See what I did!! Roundr1@... wrote:
> >Hey Man, if it's a question my freedom to ride in the park VS the health > >of the wilderness, I say, SAVE THE WILDERNESS!!! > > Thanks to enlightenment from the likes of Mr. rheywoo1, I have > finally come to see the error of my ways. I foolishly thought > that policing up the trash left by hikers on my favorite trails > was a step in the right direction. Turns out I was just sticking > my finger in the dike. Drastic times call for drastic measures. > > This coming Friday, I will sacrifice my KLR and myself at the > local scrap yard. There will be a moment of silence before > the hydraulic crusher sends us both to our spiritual destiny. > There will also be a live video feed to this list. I invite all list > members to witness this act of contrition. I hope all right > thinking environmentalists will join me in ridding the planet > of all vehicles and the villainous human race that together are > destroying this precious Mother Earth. Let's do it together! > > John O. - QUICK! SAVE YOURSELVES. CALL 1-800-446-8406 > you first... > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Win $1000 this Friday! > http://click.egroups.com/1/2860/3/_/911801/_/956512210/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Calis

Post by Calis » Sun Apr 23, 2000 1:40 pm

Thanks to enlightenment from the likes of Mr. rheywoo1, I have finally come to see the error of my ways. I foolishly thought that policing up the trash left by hikers on my favorite trails was a step in the right direction. Turns out I was just sticking my finger in the dike. Drastic times call for drastic measures. This coming Friday, I will sacrifice my KLR and myself at the local scrap yard. There will be a moment of silence before the hydraulic crusher sends us both to our spiritual destiny. There will also be a live video feed to this list. I invite all list members to witness this act of contrition. I hope all right thinking environmentalists will join me in ridding the planet of all vehicles and the villainous human race that together are destroying this precious Mother Earth. Let's do it together! John O. - QUICK! SAVE YOURSELVES. CALL 1-800-446-8406 you first... ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You didn't give us the URL for the live video feed. Calis

Mark McCoy

Post by Mark McCoy » Mon Apr 24, 2000 7:02 am

Robert Morgan wrote:
> Be sure to drain all the fluids from yourself as well as the bike before the > sacrifice please. > Morgan
and flush them down the toilet.... :

Weaver, Mark

Post by Weaver, Mark » Mon Apr 24, 2000 11:51 am

> > Thanks to enlightenment from the likes of Mr. rheywoo1, I have > finally come to see the error of my ways. I foolishly thought > that policing up the trash left by hikers on my favorite trails > was a step in the right direction.
unfortunately, it's usually not folks like us that are causing problems. most people i have met on motorcycles and in jeeps are very friendly, and seem to be responsibly enjoying the outdoors. however, i have also discovered that an unfortunately high percentage of people who own off-road vehicles (10% or more) are ignorant, loud, rude, stinking, malicious scum. these are the guys that are blasting their unregistered two-strokes up and down the middle of the campground, or doing donuts in the middle of a mountain meadow, or leaving their beer bottles and oil bottles on the trail, or starting brush fires with their jury-rigged racing tailpipes, or gunning the throttle when passing mountain bikers or beginner riders to spray rocks around. (these are all things i've witnessed in the last 3 weeks, except for the brush fire, which might also have been started by lightning or a cigarette) it really kind of irks me that it only takes a handful of these characters to mess it up for the rest of us. certainly there are plenty of rabid anti-everyone types that want to close off all public land to everyone except themselves (and their huge trail-destroying, pooping horses), but there are also lots of reasonable people who are friendly and might wave or chat when i go by on my quiet, slow, stock klr, but they've been terrorized by jerks who think they're jeremy mcgrath in the campground one too many times. sometimes we are our own worst enemy. -mark weaver

Russell Scott

Post by Russell Scott » Mon Apr 24, 2000 2:53 pm

Next thing you know the Feds will be busting down your door, pointing a machine gun in your face, and demanding you turn over your KLR to Al Gore, who will dispose of it in order to save the planet. Russel'r DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Right to Ride National Forests NKLR
>Hey Man, if it's a question my freedom to ride in the park VS the health >of the wilderness, I say, SAVE THE WILDERNESS!!!
Thanks to enlightenment from the likes of Mr. rheywoo1, I have finally come to see the error of my ways. I foolishly thought that policing up the trash left by hikers on my favorite trails was a step in the right direction. Turns out I was just sticking my finger in the dike. Drastic times call for drastic measures. This coming Friday, I will sacrifice my KLR and myself at the local scrap yard. There will be a moment of silence before the hydraulic crusher sends us both to our spiritual destiny. There will also be a live video feed to this list. I invite all list members to witness this act of contrition. I hope all right thinking environmentalists will join me in ridding the planet of all vehicles and the villainous human race that together are destroying this precious Mother Earth. Let's do it together! John O. - QUICK! SAVE YOURSELVES. CALL 1-800-446-8406 you first...

Russell Scott

Post by Russell Scott » Mon Apr 24, 2000 4:54 pm

Political satire is the mother's milk of the first amendment. Possibly some lingering emotions from the events plastered all over the television this weekend. Russel'r > Next thing you know the Feds will be busting down your door, pointing a > machine gun in your face, and demanding you turn over your KLR to Al
Gore,
> who will dispose of it in order to save the planet. > > Russel'r > -----Original Message----- > From: Roundr1@... > Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2000 10:50 AM > To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Right to Ride National Forests NKLR > > >Hey Man, if it's a question my freedom to ride in the park VS the health > >of the wilderness, I say, SAVE THE WILDERNESS!!! > > Thanks to enlightenment from the likes of Mr. rheywoo1, I have > finally come to see the error of my ways. I foolishly thought > that policing up the trash left by hikers on my favorite trails > was a step in the right direction. Turns out I was just sticking > my finger in the dike. Drastic times call for drastic measures. > > This coming Friday, I will sacrifice my KLR and myself at the > local scrap yard. There will be a moment of silence before > the hydraulic crusher sends us both to our spiritual destiny. > There will also be a live video feed to this list. I invite all list > members to witness this act of contrition. I hope all right > thinking environmentalists will join me in ridding the planet > of all vehicles and the villainous human race that together are > destroying this precious Mother Earth. Let's do it together! > > John O. - QUICK! SAVE YOURSELVES. CALL 1-800-446-8406 > you first... > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from > Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter! > http://click.egroups.com/1/3010/3/_/911801/_/956606038/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com